Bachmann wins Iowa

You've lost sight of what the point of my discussion with DY was about.

He claimed that Bachmann's win in Iowa was significant.

I countered with the fact that since she bought and paid for the tickets necessary for her supporters to vote for her, the straw poll amounts to a big popularity contest showcasing the candidates ability to organize and transport their supporters to Ames for the straw poll.

No, you simply find argument where you should find, "Yes, we agree, this stupid straw poll means nothing."

No, you simply find argument where you should find, "Yes, we agree, this stupid straw poll means nothing."

You and I agree...it is DY who claimed that the straw poll victory was a "huge win for Bachmann".

I've merely been trying to illuminate DY as to why her win was anything BUT huge...it is HE who stubbornly refuses to admit as much.

if he wins the nomination, yes.....just as you will support Obama or whoever the Dems put forward next summer to attempt to redeem his failed campaign for re-election.......

Why would you suppose I would vote for a Democrat?

PiMP....ass deep in ignorance....

I heard Bachmann bought and handed out 6,000 tickets (over $100,000 worth in votes) for a concert with hopes of gaining votes in the straw poll.

I don't think Dr. Paul did anything like this..

Although I could be wrong.

I heard Bachmann bought and handed out 6,000 tickets (over $100,000 worth in votes) for a concert with hopes of gaining votes in the straw poll.

I don't think Dr. Paul did anything like this..

Although I could be wrong.

The truth is that every candidate who took part in the Straw Poll bought the tickets their supporters needed to vote.

It's how the straw poll has been conducted for decades.

Bachmann bought and passed out 6,000 tickets but only received 4,800+ votes in the straw poll, meaning several of her "supporters" voted for another candidate.

Nice deflection in order to avoid debate, since you have no possibility of proving your position that it wasn't a huge win for her. What's the name of the candidate that dropped out when he didn't fair well in the straw poll?

Nice deflection in order to avoid debate, since you have no possibility of proving your position that it wasn't a huge win for her. What's the name of the candidate that dropped out when he didn't fair well in the straw poll?

Awwwwww...lookie!

The coward who deflected and ran in order to dodge debate for 7+ pages now wants to accuse me of doing what he's done non-stop since the OP.

What's the matter Chachi? Can't admit that Bachmann's "huge" win in Iowa translated into exactly diddly squat?

I didn't dodge any debate, Zippy. Its been my position all along that this was a huge win for Bachmann, and after 7 pages of attempting to deflect you still haven't shown otherwise.

I didn't dodge any debate, Zippy. Its been my position all along that this was a huge win for Bachmann, and after 7 pages of attempting to deflect you still haven't shown otherwise.

Of course you have...you've outright ignored every single post anyone has added that proved you wrong.

I showed that every single vote that Bachmann received was bought and paid for by either herself or one of the other politicians taking part in the straw poll.

This entire thread has one long exercise in watching you engage in evasion, selective revision and intentional misdirection and it's been a joy to continually highlight the lengths you will go to avoid admting you are wrong!

Keep it up...I got a whole lot more ready to go!

More like praise Satan?!!

Rep Michelle Bachmann has gained victory in the Iowa poll.

Praise God!

Iowa-ratboy-Bachmann.jpg

bachmann-elvis.jpg

bachmann-scarecrow.gif

Of course you have...you've outright ignored every single post anyone has added that proved you wrong.

I showed that every single vote that Bachmann received was bought and paid for by either herself or one of the other politicians taking part in the straw poll.

This entire thread has one long exercise in watching you engage in evasion, selective revision and intentional misdirection and it's been a joy to continually highlight the lengths you will go to avoid admting you are wrong!

Keep it up...I got a whole lot more ready to go!

You've ignored every request, by me and other posters, to show the number of tickets purchased by her competitors to make any valid comparison that would support your theory.

Regardless, the fact that one of her competitor dropped out of the race because he failed to garner support in this poll, and that she beat Paul who practically lives for this poll, supports my assertion that this was a big win for her. :)

Maybe I'll just stay out of this one.

I understand why...it must be tough to have to side with someone ideologically your opposite on almost every issue.

You don't want to piss off DY, what with his ideas and beliefs being so similar to yours...

Back