Bachmann wins Iowa

So you admit that you are "interested" in getting off on an old gal eating a sausage.

No, I admit that an atractive woman with a sausage shaped item in her mouth is interesting. Of course, I would need Brent's 1/5 of tequilla to find her atractive, but at least I would be interested, unlike you.

Why don't you just admit that your aversion to oral sex brings into question your avowed hetrosexuality, so we can stop beating around the bush? Oh, never mind, you likely aren't interested in beating around the bush either.

Yes, that's been your assertion all along, yet you have yet to provide evidence of same. All you've done is show that she bought tickets, which apparently all the candidates do. There is no correlation between purchasing a ticket and votes for that candidate. :)

THE ONLY WAY a potential voter attending the event can vote is by presenting a ticket, which costs $30 and is paid for by the candidate.

Naturally, there are going to be LIARS at the event. After all, it is an event organized by and catering to Republicans and conservatives.

These liars take a ticket from one candidate because his/her food/entertainment is better, then they vote for someone else.

No, I admit that an atractive woman with a sausage shaped item in her mouth is interesting. Of course, I would need Brent's 1/5 of tequilla to find her atractive, but at least I would be interested, unlike you.

Why don't you just admit that your aversion to oral sex brings into question your avowed hetrosexuality, so we can stop beating around the bush? Oh, never mind, you likely aren't interested in beating around the bush either.

Why do you insist about musing on about my sexual habits? Are you gay?

THE ONLY WAY a potential voter attending the event can vote is by presenting a ticket, which costs $30 and is paid for by the candidate.

Naturally, there are going to be LIARS at the event. After all, it is an event organized by and catering to Republicans and conservatives.

These liars take a ticket from one candidate because his/her food/entertainment is better, then they vote for someone else.

After several days of this you've failed to prove your assertion so as a parting shot you just diss all Republicans and conservatives.

After several days of this you've failed to prove your assertion so as a parting shot you just diss all Republicans and conservatives.

I've proved everything I've claimed and the fact you've not offered one piece of evidence in rebuttal speaks volumes.

I didn't diss ALL Republicans and conservatives...just the liars...that you assume that ALL Republicans and Conservatives are liars is YOUR problem, not mine.

To recap:

To vote in the Iowa Straw Poll, one must present a ticket...

A ticket costs $30.00

Republican candidates participating in the straw poll purchase the tickets their supporters use to vote...

Bachmann bought 6,000 tickets, yet received only 4,800 votes...

Each and every one of those is a statement of fact.

...you are free to prove me wrong, but so far you haven't provided even one piece of evidence to discount what I've stated.

I've proved everything I've claimed and the fact you've not offered one piece of evidence in rebuttal speaks volumes.

I didn't diss ALL Republicans and conservatives...just the liars...that you assume that ALL Republicans and Conservatives are liars is YOUR problem, not mine.

To recap:

A ticket costs $30.00

Republican candidates participating in the straw poll purchase the tickets their supporters use to vote...

...you are free to prove me wrong, but so far you haven't provided even one piece of evidence to discount what I've stated.

No reason for me to defend something that doesn't need to be defended because you can provide evidence of your assertion. And again, its not up to me to prove you wrong; its up to you to prove yourself right. You've still failed to provide the number of tickets given away by her competitors, or any evidence that a ticket given away was equated in any way with the candidate doing the giving. :)

To recap:

A ticket costs $30.00

I would argue against the significance of any of these "facts"...

Do you have a list of how many tickets each candidate gave out so we can match them all? I remember reading an article that said that 20% or so are given away but remain unvoted in each of these straw polls.

I'd also note that the straw polls have no significant meaning whatsoever. I'll remind people that Ron Paul won it last time, then never won even one primary. It's simply insignificant who wins the straw polls in Iowa.

I would argue against the significance of any of these "facts"...

Do you have a list of how many tickets each candidate gave out so we can match them all? I remember reading an article that said that 20% or so are given away but remain unvoted in each of these straw polls.

I'd also note that the straw polls have no significant meaning whatsoever. I'll remind people that Ron Paul won it last time, then never won even one primary. It's simply insignificant who wins the straw polls in Iowa.

Oh my...arguing against the "significance" of my facts, but not the VERACITY I see.

Too bad everything has to get run through Damo's spin cycle before he can respond.

What significance does how many tickets each candidate handed out have to do with the fact that said tickets are paid for by the candidates?

The bottom line, as I pointed out to DY numerous times, is that in order to vote, one must have a ticket which costs $30 and at every one of these events for the past three decades, the tickets have been paid for by the candidates.

I agree with you that this straw poll is insignificant. It does nothing but highlight the candidate with the best organizational skills.

What significance does how many tickets each candidate handed out have to do with the fact that said tickets are paid for by the candidates?

The bottom line, as I pointed out to DY numerous times, is that in order to vote, one must have a ticket which costs $30 and at every one of these events for the past three decades, the tickets have been paid for by the candidates.

I agree with you that this straw poll is insignificant. It does nothing but highlight the candidate with the best organizational skills.

:rolleyes:

It has significance to see what the regular "unvoted" ticket count is for every candidate. You provide a number with nothing to measure it by and try to imply importance to the number of tickets unvoted as if it were truly significant. The reality is, each candidate gives out tickets to their supporters, and each candidate has a number they give out that remain either unvoted or some that vote for another candidate. It's basically a fundraiser for the local republican central committee as far as I understand.

The attempt to bring significance to this is, IMO, a weak silliness. I'm pretty bored with the subject to begin with... It's a straw poll that is only significant in pointing out that the results rarely reflect any results of actual primary elections.

:rolleyes:

It has significance to see what the regular "unvoted" ticket count is for every candidate. You provide a number with nothing to measure it by and try to imply importance to the number of tickets unvoted as if it were truly significant. The reality is, each candidate gives out tickets to their supporters, and each candidate has a number they give out that remain either unvoted or some that vote for another candidate. It's basically a fundraiser for the local republican central committee as far as I understand.

The attempt to bring significance to this is, IMO, a weak silliness. I'm pretty bored with the subject to begin with... It's a straw poll that is only significant in pointing out that the results rarely reflect any results of actual primary elections.

You've lost sight of what the point of my discussion with DY was about.

He claimed that Bachmann's win in Iowa was significant.

I countered with the fact that since she bought and paid for the tickets necessary for her supporters to vote for her, the straw poll amounts to a big popularity contest showcasing the candidates ability to organize and transport their supporters to Ames for the straw poll.

You've lost sight of what the point of my discussion with DY was about.

He claimed that Bachmann's win in Iowa was significant.

I countered with the fact that since she bought and paid for the tickets necessary for her supporters to vote for her, the straw poll amounts to a big popularity contest showcasing the candidates ability to organize and transport their supporters to Ames for the straw poll.

An election is a popularity contest showcasing the candidates ability to organize and transport their supporters to the polls.

if he wins the nomination, yes.....just as you will support Obama or whoever the Dems put forward next summer to attempt to redeem his failed campaign for re-election.......

Back