Bachmann wins Iowa

You haven't proven your point. All you've done is provided a theory. :)

Oh but I have...I have provided much more than just some "theory".

It has been the standard operating procedure in Iowa for DECADES and your continued refusal to admit as much only highlights your ridiculous pig-headed inability to admit when you are wrong.

Is this what Conservatard men like Dumb Yankee fap over? The rightwing blogs are full of comments about how "hot" the Bach-to-Mom is...
BachmannCorndog.jpg

Oh but I have...I have provided much more than just some "theory".

It has been the standard operating procedure in Iowa for DECADES and your continued refusal to admit as much only highlights your ridiculous pig-headed inability to admit when you are wrong.
Again you cite "SOP", yet no evidence that is how her victory was achieved. If it was "SOP" for her, why wasn't it "SOP" for her opponents? :)

Is this what Conservatard men like Dumb Yankee fap over? The rightwing blogs are full of comments about how "hot" the Bach-to-Mom is...
BachmannCorndog.jpg

That's actually a shot of her pulling the sausage back OUT of her mouth...you can see how much she got in there before having to stop...it's no wonder she's popular with the men...well...except DY.

He don't go for having his sausage gobbled.

What lie Zap? You expressed obvious excitement about Bachmann's picture so I stated that. And I'm still waiting for you to prove your point about how she won the straw poll. :)

What lie Zap? You expressed obvious excitement about Bachmann's picture so I stated that. And I'm still waiting for you to prove your point about how she won the straw poll. :)

How she won the Straw poll?

She won by having the most Iowans cast their vote for her...DUH!

HOWEVER...

In order to cast their vote, people had to purchase a $30 ticket...

From an article in the Des Moines Register:

There’s little democracy in the way the straw poll works. It's an event where people have to pay to vote. But when their tickets are paid for by candidates, it becomes a joke.

Bachmann gave away 6,000 tickets and got 4,800 votes. At one point there were lines to get free tickets at her headquarters.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...ts/Basu-Iowa-turning-into-Republican-sideshow

Deny it all you like...the facts are she bought and paid for the votes she got in Iowa.

How she won the Straw poll?

She won by having the most Iowans cast their vote for her...DUH!

HOWEVER...

In order to cast their vote, people had to purchase a $30 ticket...

From an article in the Des Moines Register:

There’s little democracy in the way the straw poll works. It's an event where people have to pay to vote. But when their tickets are paid for by candidates, it becomes a joke.

Bachmann gave away 6,000 tickets and got 4,800 votes. At one point there were lines to get free tickets at her headquarters.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...ts/Basu-Iowa-turning-into-Republican-sideshow

Deny it all you like...the facts are she bought and paid for the votes she got in Iowa.

:lol: The first line of the article in your link disproves your accusation:
Waiting in line to get a $30 straw poll ticket for free at Michele Bachmann’s headquarters Saturday, a man confessed he planned to use it to vote for Newt Gingrich.

Self pwnage is your forte, Zap. :)

:lol: The first line of the article in your link disproves your accusation:

Self pwnage is your forte, Zap. :)

Maybe you missed the sentence at the bottom that stated Bachmann purchased and gave away 6,000 tickets and got 4,800 votes...1,200 people ate her free food and took the free ticket she was giving away, but for one reason or another, they didn't vote for her...We now know for certain where 1 of the other 1,200 tickets Bachmann purchased and gave away to voters ended up.

Maybe you missed the sentence at the bottom that stated Bachmann purchased and gave away 6,000 tickets and got 4,800 votes...1,200 people ate her free food and took the free ticket she was giving away, but for one reason or another, they didn't vote for her...We now know for certain where 1 of the other 1,200 tickets Bachmann purchased and gave away to voters ended up.

Also missed is where the number of tickets given away from her competitors was mentioned, or any requirement that a ticket given away was equated in any way with the candidate doing the giving. :)

Also missed is where the number of tickets given away from her competitors was mentioned, or any requirement that a ticket given away was equated in any way with the candidate doing the giving. :)

Let me know what you find out.

Since this thread is titled "Bachmann wins Iowa", I believe I'll stick with discussing the topic of the thread and how she won...by buying votes.

Let me know what you find out.

Since this thread is titled "Bachmann wins Iowa", I believe I'll stick with discussing the topic of the thread and how she won...by buying votes.
Yes, that's been your assertion all along, yet you have yet to provide evidence of same. All you've done is show that she bought tickets, which apparently all the candidates do. There is no correlation between purchasing a ticket and votes for that candidate. :)

why do you think Iowa is so protective of it's status as an early primary state.....do you realize how much money candidates spend in that state every four years?......it's nearly as profitable as ethanol.....

Back