Barack W. Bush

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/07/barack_w_bush.html

.....Obama once criticized Bush for his unwillingness to meet directly with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and exaggerating the danger from Iran, which supposedly didn't "pose any serious threat." Lately though, he agrees with the president that Iran now in fact is a "grave threat."

Obama's most serious about-face is on Iraq. He once promised a rigid and rapid timetable for withdrawing our troops. But given the radical success of Gen. David Petraeus' surge and change in tactics, Obama is now calling for withdrawals to be based on the conditions on the ground in Iraq. How different is this plan from the present administration's policy of incrementally sending home brigades as Petraeus hands off security responsibilities to Iraqis in additional provinces?.....

This article raises very interesting points. If any of these occurred in isolation they wouldn't be alarming but his slow turns on Iraq and Iran scare me the most. If I think for one minute he's going to have the same agenda in Iraq as the old fart McCain, I'm writing in Cynthia McKinney or Ron Paul.

The next thing we know he's going to be pro-life.

Democrats, we have elected a Republican and put them on our ticket.

from the article:

"And although Obama is still pro-choice, he now, like the president, thinks "mental distress" should not justify late-term abortion."

If he's going to be this much of a rightie, I might as well vote for the rightie that won't raise my taxes.

from the article:

"And although Obama is still pro-choice, he now, like the president, thinks "mental distress" should not justify late-term abortion."

If he's going to be this much of a rightie, I might as well vote for the rightie that won't raise my taxes.

I was going to spend the summer and fall volunteering for his campaign, that’s out. Today I’m doing a CP demonstration at Grand Central instead.

I was going to spend the summer and fall volunteering for his campaign, that’s out. Today I’m doing a CP demonstration at Grand Central instead.
I admire your stance on principles.

Last edited:

I feel like we had some sort of political one night stand and he won't call me back. Cheap and used.

I admire your stance on principles.

Oh, and if anyone wants to kick my ass, and I’m sure that there are plenty of you who do want to, now you know where I will be this afternoon. I’m leaving work for it. Come and some. But if you’re a warmonger, better bring back up because I am sooo looking to kick some warmonger butt.

Oh, and if anyone wants to kick my ass, and I’m sure that there are plenty of you who do want to, now you know where I will be this afternoon. I’m leaving work for it. Come and some. But if you’re a warmonger, better bring back up because I am sooo looking to kick some warmonger butt.
Why would you quote my post for this? I mean, geez. :D

Back