Best investment advice you'll ever get

Apple sells one million 3G iPhones

By Steve Gelsi
Last update: 8:39 a.m. EDT July 14, 2008
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Apple Inc. (AAPL:Apple Inc

AAPL 172.58, -4.05, -2.3%) said Monday it sold one million 3G iPhones in the first weekend since the official launch of the mobile phone. "It took 74 days to sell the first one million original iPhones, so the new iPhone 3G is clearly off to a great start around the world," Apple Founder and CEO Steve Jobs said. The Cupertino, Calif. computer maker said it received 10 million applications from iPhone and iPod touch users at its new App Store, since its launch late last week. [/B]

usged check it your wrong again
The subsidized $199 AT&T (T) price compares quite favorably to any other laptop on the market and this pricing power should propel Apple stock to new highs based on fundamental earnings growth. Munster, who is calling for 45 million iPhones to be sold in 2009, reports this will add a minimum of $4.8 billion in revenue. "Revenue from AT&T payments in 2009 would add 60 percent to Apple operating income if we applied an 80 percent gross margin to AT&T revenue share revenue and assumed no additional opex from AT&T revenue share," Munster wrote. "Our model takes a more conservative approach and assumes AT&T revenue share revenue is run through the model at normal corporate gross and operating margins."

What the heck is that ? no linky or anything. You are getting bad about that Toppy.
You know it is an illegal business practice to quote and not proveid a link.
And you claim to have a degree....

you don't understand what you read anyway. Saw another one that said how high the margins were on each phone. Of course that would be way over your head, why bother.

AAPL at 168.... Don't own this stock! If you bought at 120 good, if you bought at 176, you're an idiot for listening to Toppy.

What happened to the ESLR kick? I bought into that at 8.77, they just announced another project that puts them at a $3 Billion backlog and they are increasing production x3 by 2009 with Devens. This stock is a STRONG BUY at $9.70 still.

check back in a couple months digitalmoron

Sure thing! I told you, the launch of the 3G phone was BUILT IN to the price. Everyone expected this huge opening and the stock went from $120 to $176 in a couple months. They had their good news, now the stock is going back down because people are selling high! You told people to buy at it's peak, you moron.

What happened to the ESLR kick? I bought into that at 8.77, they just announced another project that puts them at a $3 Billion backlog and they are increasing production x3 by 2009 with Devens. This stock is a STRONG BUY at $9.70 still.

Agreed. Solar in general has simply gotten its ass kicked. The senior note converts dilution effect on ESLR took them down. But they have received three huge contracts in the past couple of months, so I agree they are a great buy right now. Especially with Sunpower reporting Thursday morning and ESLR reporting Thursday night.

check back in a couple months digitalmoron

If the stock takes a 10% hit AFTER you tell people to buy it, then you are a moron for suggesting they buy it at the high. Yes, in a couple of months it could be higher than your $177 price. But will it hit $150 first???

Agreed. Solar in general has simply gotten its ass kicked. The senior note converts dilution effect on ESLR took them down. But they have received three huge contracts in the past couple of months, so I agree they are a great buy right now. Especially with Sunpower reporting Thursday morning and ESLR reporting Thursday night.

I bought right after they dropped that bomb. Entry point was near perfect for me. Could have maybe squeeked out another .15-.20 a share but I knew that it would go back up. It's got an upward trend, plus the news today. I think they are having a ribbon cutting ceremony for Devens too this week. The earnings are on the 17th, I think they'll beat estimates again. This is a good week for them. Get in now before everyone else does later!

Now Michigan is talking about a $55 million project with Evergreen.... Stock is going up again on the day. Don't know how much longer this stock is going to be below $10 today.

I bought right after they dropped that bomb. Entry point was near perfect for me. Could have maybe squeeked out another .15-.20 a share but I knew that it would go back up. It's got an upward trend, plus the news today. I think they are having a ribbon cutting ceremony for Devens too this week. The earnings are on the 17th, I think they'll beat estimates again. This is a good week for them. Get in now before everyone else does later!

Already bought the Jan 2010 calls with a strike of $10. Bought them at $2.80.

If the stock takes a 10% hit AFTER you tell people to buy it, then you are a moron for suggesting they buy it at the high. Yes, in a couple of months it could be higher than your $177 price. But will it hit $150 first???

If I sell at $225 your the moron supercoldcaller.
What other product has people lining up for days to spend their money???:cof1:

Back