"Bible literalists"

People who view everything written to be completely literally to have occurred. Ex on that first day God created...
A day being 24 hours etc.

I saw this term in another thread. Who does this refer to?

it fluctuates.....nobody believes that every word in the Bible is literally true, even those that claim they do.......if you ask them if the verse that says "the cattle on a thousand hills proclaim that they are the Lords" you can ask them if that means the cattle on hill #1001 aren't the Lords or simply that they aren't talking they say "well, not THAT literal!"......

this term is no doubt developed in order for the damned antichrists to mischaracterize, impugn, slander and persecute those which be of Christ. it is that same spirit of antichrist/ cain hates abel and wishes to do the will of his father the devil and kill abel. abel obtained righteousnss through faith. the damned cannot obtain righteousness through all of their self willed works of righteousness; they are indeed damned. the bible is literal, always in context and rightly dividing the word of truth. it is not intended for the damned. it is the book for the living and the living love the words of that one and only holy book.

Last edited:
this term is no doubt developed in order for the damned antichrists to mischaracterize, impune, slander and persecute those which be of Christ. it is that same spirit of antichrist/ cain hates abel and wishes to do the will of his father the devil and kill abel. abel obtained righteousnss through faith. the damned cannot obtain righteousness through all of their self willed works of righteousness; they are indeed damned. the bible is literal, always in context and rightly dividing the word of truth. it is not intended for the damned. it is the book for the living and the living love the words of that one and only holy book.

:coolstorybro:

this term is no doubt developed in order for the damned antichrists to mischaracterize, impugn, slander and persecute those which be of Christ. it is that same spirit of antichrist/ cain hates abel and wishes to do the will of his father the devil and kill abel. abel obtained righteousnss through faith. the damned cannot obtain righteousness through all of their self willed works of righteousness; they are indeed damned. the bible is literal, always in context and rightly dividing the word of truth. it is not intended for the damned. it is the book for the living and the living love the words of that one and only holy book.

Okay gomer...
gomer16.jpg

John of Patmos. Now there was a worker. Whilst not far away, Sappho and the girls frolicked in delirium. The Oroville Dam literally groans in irony.

There is no such thing as a bible literalist, there are only people that pick and choose bible references for a wide variety of reasons. Of course you knew this, the term though comes to mean 'I am more religious or better than you, because I follow the bible'. It is oddly similar to a constitutional originalist, another baloney excuse for personal interpretation or in reality bias and bigotry if viewed honestly. I once got so tired of hearing religious people act like they were religious based on scripture I collected a few verses for them to follow.

Repost

Chick fil a, We appreciate your intolerant and narrow minded bigotry, Americans are always intolerant for a while, you know all the native Americans massacred, or WWII intolerance, or race intolerance, or feminist intolerance, or alcohol intolerance, or religious intolerance, we Americans eventually get over our intolerance, sometimes it takes years, sometimes a hundred years, and sometimes it just fades into a corner somewhere and only pops out when needed.

But in order for you nice freedom loving bigots to justify your intolerance you use only part of your book, time you stood up and followed all of it. See below for help.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit." Interesting, let's see if we can follow this Holy Book on family relations and whatnot? Why stop at hating gay people, who made them anyway, let's go all the way.

Great way to get rid of lots of congressmen.
"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

How old does this have to be enforced at? Lots of children swing at their parents when little? Any age limit in that book on the family? My granddaughter whacked me good at 14 months, maybe grandpas are excluded? "Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Jeez, this sure would control the population, my brother and his partner of twenty five years may complain though.
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Thank goodness only priest's daughter get the hot seat.
"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Is it OK if you marry the bitch after fornication or does that count too? Maybe kill each other? Anyone know.
"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

These Bible folks sound a bit like Union organizers? No work on Sunday, huh. Imagine the stampede at Walmart after the loud speaker announcement.
"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'" (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Is this retroactively possible? I mean suppose you find out after the sons have flew the coup? Is it necessary to track them down?
"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"Abraham had two wives, Sarah and her handmaiden Hagar. King Solomon had 700 wives, plus 300 concubines and slaves. Jacob, the patriarch who gives Israel its name, had two wives and two concubines. In a humanist vein, Exodus 21:10 warns that when men take additional wives, they must still provide for their previous one. (Exodus 21:16 adds that if a man seduces a virgin and has sex with her, he has to marry her, too.)"

All around good advice? Sounds a little nutty to me but maybe that's just me?
"Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

Chick fil a, We appreciate your intolerant and narrow minded bigotry

yours, however, is a bit overbearing and stuffy........reading through your post though I am curious why you single out orthodox Jews for your criticism......I didn't even know the owners of Chik-fil-a were Jewish, let alone orthodox......

There is no such thing as a bible literalist, there are only people that pick and choose bible references for a wide variety of reasons. Of course you knew this, the term though comes to mean 'I am more religious or better than you, because I follow the bible'. It is oddly similar to a constitutional originalist, another baloney excuse for personal interpretation or in reality bias and bigotry if viewed honestly. I once got so tired of hearing religious people act like they were religious based on scripture I collected a few verses for them to follow.

Repost

Chick fil a, We appreciate your intolerant and narrow minded bigotry, Americans are always intolerant for a while, you know all the native Americans massacred, or WWII intolerance, or race intolerance, or feminist intolerance, or alcohol intolerance, or religious intolerance, we Americans eventually get over our intolerance, sometimes it takes years, sometimes a hundred years, and sometimes it just fades into a corner somewhere and only pops out when needed.

But in order for you nice freedom loving bigots to justify your intolerance you use only part of your book, time you stood up and followed all of it. See below for help.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit." Interesting, let's see if we can follow this Holy Book on family relations and whatnot? Why stop at hating gay people, who made them anyway, let's go all the way.

Great way to get rid of lots of congressmen.
"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

How old does this have to be enforced at? Lots of children swing at their parents when little? Any age limit in that book on the family? My granddaughter whacked me good at 14 months, maybe grandpas are excluded? "Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Jeez, this sure would control the population, my brother and his partner of twenty five years may complain though.
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Thank goodness only priest's daughter get the hot seat.
"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Is it OK if you marry the bitch after fornication or does that count too? Maybe kill each other? Anyone know.
"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

These Bible folks sound a bit like Union organizers? No work on Sunday, huh. Imagine the stampede at Walmart after the loud speaker announcement.
"The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'" (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Is this retroactively possible? I mean suppose you find out after the sons have flew the coup? Is it necessary to track them down?
"Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"Abraham had two wives, Sarah and her handmaiden Hagar. King Solomon had 700 wives, plus 300 concubines and slaves. Jacob, the patriarch who gives Israel its name, had two wives and two concubines. In a humanist vein, Exodus 21:10 warns that when men take additional wives, they must still provide for their previous one. (Exodus 21:16 adds that if a man seduces a virgin and has sex with her, he has to marry her, too.)"

All around good advice? Sounds a little nutty to me but maybe that's just me?
"Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)

If you were to observe the bible, it is but myth and folklore handed down through generations until the time of jesus. it was then that the christian bible was compiled, and, this meant that the christians study a different bible to the jews and moslems, but, it is a common mistake that 'the others' adhere to these false beliefs, as it is summed up for them.

Most of the anti christian content on these forums, the majority of religious content mind you, is brought from the old testament. then you get people looking for attention by bringing down the church, these people have nothing better to do and want to be recognized, obviously. had they gone out to build something, maybe they would be 'better people,' yes? but, they roam around the streets of cities trying to, as i said, get flocks of people listening to them, of course.

If we were to observe the nature of the content of the bible, in the old testament they say these people were good because they did this or that. in the new testament the message changes to the acts of people, people with clear testimonies, and, these were far better recorded. but, it remains a approach of fear in the old and love in the new, where god tries to show people the rewards of being 'god's people.'

So, when you disrespect a chrsitian, do not site the old testament, these tales are bit weird and wacky, but, they are an interpretation of people being shown visions they put into perspective for people they were trying to spread the message to - imagine seeing a ipod in the dark ages?

Why god shows them these things, or how, is beyond me at present, but, he 'showed them stuff' and they tried to tell people about it. if you are familiar with the psychic programs of the branch known as area fifty one, and, the hindering mutations of the middle east, where people are born with two heads, you will understand that these people were having a bad time mentally, yes?

yours, however, is a bit overbearing and stuffy........reading through your post though I am curious why you single out orthodox Jews for your criticism......I didn't even know the owners of Chik-fil-a were Jewish, let alone orthodox......

I can never make it past the first sentence of his longwinded, delusionally pseudo intellectual bloviating. sounds like a college professor or wannabe leftist writer. yuk.

Back