Blacks can use the N word, whites can't

First of all you confuse empathy and sympathy. YOU can't feel empathy for a black guy being called a nigger.

You keep saying they will be affected but you can't tell me how they will be affected in any material way.

Well, that really depends on whether I am white, doesn't it?

First it doesn't take exactly the same experience to empathize, you only need a similar experience. Secondly, sympathy is when you try to comfort somebody, empathy is when you extrapolate emotion from a similar experience. Every human has had a time in their life where they were treated less than human by somebody around them, it isn't difficult to extrapolate meaningful empathy.

And "material" is your own straw man. That they must be "materially" affected, shows you lack empathy, nor do you even attempt to sympathize. In my world and religion, you are lacking humanity.

Well, that really depends on whether I am white, doesn't it?

First it doesn't take exactly the same experience to empathize, you only need a similar experience. Secondly, sympathy is when you try to comfort somebody, empathy is when you extrapolate emotion from a similar experience. Every human has had a time in their life where they were treated less than human by somebody around them, it isn't difficult to extrapolate meaningful empathy.

And "material" is your own straw man. That they must be "materially" affected, shows you lack empathy, nor do you even attempt to sympathize. In my world and religion, you are lacking humanity.

Actually according to you and the race biters there is nothing worse than the word nigger and there is nothing worse than slavery. So unless you are black you can have no experience that equates.

Fine drop the word material if it causes you consternation. You still can't tell me how it affects a black person to be called a nigger.

On one thread you bemoan the power placed in a doll, yet here you are placing all this power in one word. That anyone would let a word affect their life says more about the person than the word.

How is a black guy affected by being called nigger by a white guy? That is foolish. How was BAC impacted when I called him a nigger? Did he lose his house? Did he fear being enslaved? Losing the right to vote? Words only have the power you give them.

I never too, you for falling for the liberal memes, but I guess anyone can be susceptible

here is how you find the answer to that question.

You listen to what a black person tells you about how it effects them.

You don't listen to them and you call them liars when they do tell you.

You are an unsympathic sociopath who just pretends it has no effect so you can continue being a shit custard cup

here is how you find the answer to that question.

You listen to what a black person tells you about how it effects them.

You don't listen to them and you call them liars when they do tell you.

You are an unsympathic sociopath who just pretends it has no effect so you can continue being a shit custard cup

Everyone keeps saying it has an impact. But not one person can tell me what that impact is.

For example. It is claimed that calling a woman a cunt is as bad as calling a black person a nigger. Well, how does that affect you in any real way other than hurting your feelings?

Of course the words are used to hurt. But lots of words are used to hurt. That doesn't mean they should affect your life in any meaningful way.

If you can't describe it then just say so

Actually according to you and the race biters there is nothing worse than the word nigger and there is nothing worse than slavery. So unless you are black you can have no experience that equates.
Again a straw man. Nobody has said this but you.

Fine drop the word material if it causes you consternation. You still can't tell me how it affects a black person to be called a nigger.
Actually I did, then you asked how it "materially" affects them. You asked, "Did he lose his house?" and other nonsense. Your lack of participation in the conversation without the use of the straw man argument shows you have made no genuine attempt to actually participate in the conversation.

On one thread you bemoan the power placed in a doll, yet here you are placing all this power in one word. That anyone would let a word affect their life says more about the person than the word.
Words have far more power than toys, it has been extrapolated throughout history that words can be more powerful than the sword. The reality is, you truly do lack empathy. It is my opinion that you lack this by choice rather than because you have never had the opportunity to experience something you could use to empathize.

Again a straw man. Nobody has said this but you.

Actually I did, then you asked how it "materially" affects them. You asked, "Did he lose his house?" and other nonsense. Your lack of participation in the conversation without the use of the straw man argument shows you have made no genuine attempt to actually participate in the conversation.

Words have far more power than toys, it has been extrapolated throughout history that words can be more powerful than the sword. The reality is, you truly do lack empathy. It is my opinion that you lack this by choice rather than because you have never had the opportunity to experience something you could use to empathize.

All that wonderful prose and still you can't tell me how it affects them. I have been called all manner of names in my life on this forum no less. They have no impact on my life in any material way.

And yes it has been claimed numerous times that nigger is the worse, in fact even by yourself. Or maybe you conveniently forget that you said being called a cracker is no big deal.

All that wonderful prose and still you can't tell me how it affects them. I have been called all manner of names in my life on this forum no less. They have no impact on my life in any material way.

And yes it has been claimed numerous times that nigger is the worse, in fact even by yourself. Or maybe you conveniently forget that you said being called a cracker is no big deal.

Again with "material", you just can't stop yourself from arguing straw that you dress up in clothes and call an argument.

And no, it has never been claimed that the n-word is the "worst thing ever" and that nothing could ever be worse.

Let's see if you can recognize the difference between scenes where the n-word was used and the word "cracker" so you can tell me which might be more impacting to people who hear it depending on their skin pigmentation.

Some images where the n-word was used:
lynching1.jpg

Omaha%20Race%20Riot%2004.jpg

Some images where the word "cracker" was used:
images

220px-Remington_A_cracker_cowboy.jpg

Now, let's see if you'll be honest. Which group of images evokes a more visceral response ("affects" you)?

Everyone keeps saying it has an impact. But not one person can tell me what that impact is.

For example. It is claimed that calling a woman a cunt is as bad as calling a black person a nigger. Well, how does that affect you in any real way other than hurting your feelings?

Of course the words are used to hurt. But lots of words are used to hurt. That doesn't mean they should affect your life in any meaningful way.

If you can't describe it then just say so

yes they do you just don't care and pretend they are lying.

its what makes you so clearly a racist

When you get verbally beaten down and told you are nothing it is going to have an affect on an individual and a group of people. Yes the n- word is just a "word" and words only have the power we give them but to say it should have no affect is ignoring the reality of how it has been used in the past. Other than certain rare instances its not a word white people need to use not should they deny its dehumanizing affects.

Yes, well...let's give a scenario.....you as a bigoted fucking asshole would have a Confederate Flag permanently tattooed to your forehead...you can't get rid of it...ever...You then came to my hypothetical business for a job....I have preconceived notions about bigoted fucking assholes and turn you down for the job. I'm not the only person who does this...in fact many people have issues with bigoted fucking assholes....and more often than not, the only job you can get are shit jobs that can barely feed your family.

You complain.....but there are a few BFA's who make it out of the BFA slums and do well.....we laugh and say "look, Billy Bob made it out...why can't you? You must be one lazy BFA!"

Of course, since poverty is running rampant in the BFA community....drug and alcohol abuse soars...and with it, so does crime.

Then we say...."look, BFA's are nothing but Alkies, drug addicts and criminals.

Let's repeat this process for oh....100 years or so....then tell me how.being called a BFA isn't offensive or damaging.

Again with "material", you just can't stop yourself from arguing straw that you dress up in clothes and call an argument.

And no, it has never been claimed that the n-word is the "worst thing ever" and that nothing could ever be worse.

Let's see if you can recognize the difference between scenes where the n-word was used and the word "cracker" so you can tell me which might be more impacting to people who hear it depending on their skin pigmentation.

Some images where the n-word was used:
lynching1.jpg

Omaha%20Race%20Riot%2004.jpg

Some images where the word "cracker" was used:
images

220px-Remington_A_cracker_cowboy.jpg

Now, let's see if you'll be honest. Which group of images evokes a more visceral response ("affects" you)?

Could you find any older images? So you are saying that if a white person calls a black person nigger it evokes images of something that happened to someone 100 years ago and that said black person fears being lynched?

And the word "material" is not a straw man. To put so much stock in a word, surely it should have more of an impact than hurting ones feelings.

I will say again. When I called BAC a nigger ( for which I apologized to him) he never complained. He never whined. He doesn't appear to have been impacted in any material way. The folks who seem to have been impacted more are the white folk on here immersed in white guilt.

I don't suffer from white guilt about what happened to the blacks. I think what happened to them is horrendous and should happen to no human. But, it happened just as it has happened to other races and civilizations throughout history. Words are used to dehumanize lots of people in many ways. That word isn't special. You make it so.

Posting images from 100 years ago only serves to weaken your already weak argument. I ask you to tell me how they are impacted and you give me 100 year old pictures that they possibly couldn't identify with because they didn't experience it

why do you ask for an answer and then just call the answer lies once it is given to you?

because your a sociopath

Yes, well...let's give a scenario.....you as a bigoted fucking asshole would have a Confederate Flag permanently tattooed to your forehead...you can't get rid of it...ever...You then came to my hypothetical business for a job....I have preconceived notions about bigoted fucking assholes and turn you down for the job. I'm not the only person who does this...in fact many people have issues with bigoted fucking assholes....and more often than not, the only job you can get are shit jobs that can barely feed your family.

You complain.....but there are a few BFA's who make it out of the BFA slums and do well.....we laugh and say "look, Billy Bob made it out...why can't you? You must be one lazy BFA!"

Of course, since poverty is running rampant in the BFA community....drug and alcohol abuse soars...and with it, so does crime.

Then we say...."look, BFA's are nothing but Alkies, drug addicts and criminals.

Let's repeat this process for oh....100 years or so....then tell me how.being called a BFA isn't offensive or damaging.

So in your fantasy land did the black people do something to precipitate those actions? In this little story you concocted a business should not hire someone with ANY tattoo on their forehead, whether it is the Confederate Flag or not. You are just being silly now.

Basically the argument you, Damo and the rest of the board are making is that we need to still be living in the past. Do let me know when y'all make it into the 21st century will you?

why do you ask for an answer and then just call the answer lies once it is given to you?

because your a sociopath

Because I wasn't given an answer, unless you are saying that being called a nigger evokes those images.

OK for the sake of argument let's say that it does evoke those images. Then what? Do you become paralyzed? Say fuck it, I am not even going to try because someone called me a nigger?

why do racists seek to not be seen as racists now?

be proud of who you are ILA and confess you were not allowed to have the smooth black GI joes.

So in your fantasy land did the black people do something to precipitate those actions? In this little story you concocted a business should not hire someone with ANY tattoo on their forehead, whether it is the Confederate Flag or not. You are just being silly now.

Basically the argument you, Damo and the rest of the board are making is that we need to still be living in the past. Do let me know when y'all make it into the 21st century will you?

Who mentioned black people? I never did.

21 century? Lol!.....says the guy who wants to keep with the 18th century vocabulary.

Could you find any older images? So you are saying that if a white person calls a black person nigger it evokes images of something that happened to someone 100 years ago and that said black person fears being lynched?
It certainly is part of the hundreds of years of history associated with the word. Including the second image of a race riot.

And the word "material" is not a straw man. To put so much stock in a word, surely it should have more of an impact than hurting ones feelings.
It is a straw man, the assumption that the only affect that can be of value to you is "material" shows once again your lack of empathy.

I will say again. When I called BAC a nigger ( for which I apologized to him) he never complained. He never whined. He doesn't appear to have been impacted in any material way. The folks who seem to have been impacted more are the white folk on here immersed in white guilt.
Whether he gave you satisfaction by reacting doesn't change your purpose in its use.

I don't suffer from white guilt about what happened to the blacks. I think what happened to them is horrendous and should happen to no human. But, it happened just as it has happened to other races and civilizations throughout history. Words are used to dehumanize lots of people in many ways. That word isn't special. You make it so.
I certainly don't suffer "white" guilt either, but understanding the affects of words on others is one of the simplest and first lessons of empathy we teach to our children.

Posting images from 100 years ago only serves to weaken your already weak argument. I ask you to tell me how they are impacted and you give me 100 year old pictures that they possibly couldn't identify with because they didn't experience it

I gave you a tiny portion of images that come up associated with the words we are talking about here today.

I pointed out the history behind the word and its usage, then provided historical context. The reality is, you were not honest. You fully understand that one has more impact than the other and why, you simply want to justify your own use of the word rather than simply using a modicum of empathy and simply apologizing.

I understand that, people really have a difficult time with honest introspection. It is one of the most difficult things to learn. People spruce up their own memories to make themselves less "wrong"...

Who mentioned black people? I never did.

21 century? Lol!.....says the guy who wants to keep with the 18th century vocabulary.

Well the entire thread is about black people isn't it? Or weren't you paying attention? That GED is failing you again. The civil servant exam must be a breeze if you could pass it. I heard it was in par with the Wundelich given to football players

Then why do you pretend black people have never answered all those idiot questions you keep asking about their treatment in this country?

Back