Boeing: Europe joins wave of countries grounding the 737 Max

US regulator cites new flaw on grounded Boeing 737 MAX

Fixing the problem will further delay the plane's return to the skies after two deadly crashes, sources say.

320521f162b442a7bd363340d0091535_18.jpg

The US Federal Aviation Administration identified a new risk that Boeing must address on its beleaguered 737 MAX aircraft before the grounded jet can return to service.

The risk was discovered during a simulator test last week and it is not yet clear if the issue can be addressed with a software upgrade, or will require a more complex hardware fix, sources with knowledge of the matter said on Wednesday.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...-grounded-boeing-737-max-190627064850927.html

Anybody think that Boing is not going to survive this ?

I have to say-- I've posted this report- but it verges on the unbelievable. Could this crap actually be true ? Optional extras ?

They were optional extras. The plane is safe without them. The crashes occurred with inexperienced pilots that didn't recognize the failure.

The problem was the use of a single critical sensor (the same problem hit Toyota once!). The software has been corrected to use both sensors, and optional features are now standard equipment, and pilot retraining to recognize a failure and properly handle it is underway.

The plane was safe to fly. It will be even safer to fly by autumn.

This is actually a serious discussion concerning the deaths of hundreds of people due to a flaw which Boing has already apologized for.
In short- you are talking out of your ass.

This is actually a serious discussion concerning the deaths of hundreds of people due to a flaw which Boing has already apologized for.
In short- you are talking out of your ass.

Insult fallacy. You are not having a serious discussion about anything.

Boeing apologized for it, true. They have fixed it. Flight testing is occurring as we speak. Part of that is pilot retraining to better recognize a failure of the system. Airlines will probably start using the aircraft again around autumn.

The plane was safe to fly.

You're clearly a repetitious idiot.

The plane was NOT safe. It crashed. Twice. Many hundreds of people are dead. You are clearly a repetitious idiot.

It will be even safer to fly by autumn.

They're trying to find some idiots to test it taxiing. Haw, haw............haw.

In future I think that the term ' trollshit' ought to cover anything you post.

You're clearly a repetitious idiot.
Inversion fallacy.
The plane was NOT safe.
Yes it is.
It crashed. Twice.
Due to pilot error. They failed to recognize the autopilot error and didn't shut off the autopilot. Both crashes were foreign aircraft with badly trained pilots.
Many hundreds of people are dead.
Happens a lot with these airlines. Personally, I don't feel safe flying them on any equipment.
You are clearly a repetitious idiot.
Inversion fallacy.
They're trying to find some idiots to test it taxiing. Haw, haw............haw.
No, it's flying. It's undergoing intensive flight testing with induced failures to test the system's response.
In future I think that the term ' trollshit' ought to cover anything you post.
Bulverism fallacy.

Call me a cynic- but this smacks of a Boing smokescreen to try to wriggle out of the MASSIVE suits it faces.

Anything to cut costs? Boeing accused of outsourcing 737 MAX software at $9 an hour

5d1815c9fc7e9317218b45ef.JPG

Boeing has been partially outsourcing software development to low-paid subcontractors to save costs, Bloomberg has learned, suggesting that inadequate quality control practices may have contributed to fatal 737 MAX crashes.
Newly graduated programmers employed by third-party software developers – including Indian HCL Technologies Ltd and Cyient Ltd – were making as little as $9 an hour, roughly four times less than their own experienced engineers who Boeing was actively laying off. The company reportedly outsourced flight-display software and programs for flight-test equipment. While the final code allegedly complied with their strict specifications, the efficiency of such work was below expectations, as subcontractors were pressured to avoid any major changes that could cause delay.

https://www.rt.com/news/463031-boeing-software-outsourced-costs/

Call me a cynic- but this smacks of a Boing smokescreen to try to wriggle out of the MASSIVE suits it faces.

Boeing is accused of a lot of things all the time. They are sued all the time too, just like any large corporation. Nothing new there! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Frankly, most Indian programmers can out code a lot of U.S. programmers. One big exception is at Microsoft, where they neither can code anything well. Rate of pay doesn't make any difference.

The crashes were caused by pilot error, not by the software.

According to current schedule, these planes should be back in service sometime in autumn.

I understand your lack of confidence in the aircraft, especially due to the news media printing stuff they know nothing about (like usual), but the aircraft IS safe. Just avoid foreign airlines with crappy pilots.

Well, since you just called someone that designs, builds, flies, and repair aircraft trollshit, I guess you had better stay off the airlines. It's people like me that put those things in the air.

You're way too stupid to be involved in any such commercial endeavors . Stick to your peeping-tom camera and your drone.

Back