4. Eritrea $9.58
5. Norway $8.73
6. United Kingdom $8.38
7. Netherlands $8.37
8. Monaco $8.31
9. Iceland $8.28
10. Belgium $8.22
111. United States $3.45 :shock:

We are better than all of those nations. We should demand cheaper gas. Venesualia pays like $ .23 per gallon.

with half our budget spent on the military that in tern focuses almost solely on oil we better have cheap gas or we will riot.

Also im getting tired of oil companies profits going up.. Kraft food is dealing with increased prices to make there products and guess what.. their profits are going down.

When the average independent man starts getting frustrated they you probably better think about absorbing some of the higher oil costs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profiteering_(business)

blashamey, it's ok for google and microsoft to make billions out of advertising as bits/bytes yet we spend billions on offshore platforms. No, welcome to the new dynamic. Gas is getting a lot more expense from here on out.

with half our budget spent on the military that in tern focuses almost solely on oil we better have cheap gas or we will riot.

Also im getting tired of oil companies profits going up.. Kraft food is dealing with increased prices to make there products and guess what.. their profits are going down.

When the average independent man starts getting frustrated they you probably better think about absorbing some of the higher oil costs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profiteering_(business)

Holy Jesus!
You heretic! Top is going to freak out and call you a turbo-libing oil doomer with a junor coledge education.

Its just a matter of time before the Oil companies start feeling the heat if the engine of the American economy start getting pissed. Right now its 4.40 a gallon for heating oil in MA. Most heat their houses with oil here. during the winter if you have no supplemental heat you burn 250 gallons a month. do that math. Not to mention the electric bill has almost doubled now.

Last edited:
We are better than all of those nations. We should demand cheaper gas. Venesualia pays like $ .23 per gallon.

Ya think that might be because...

1) They produce more oil than they consume, thus they are not buying it from anyone

2) They have the refinery capacity to produce as much gas as they currently use

3) They subsidize their gas prices with profits from their DOMESTIC oil supply.

I wonder why it is again that we don't tap into OUR DOMESTIC supply. Oh yeah, because the extreme element of environmentalists would rather we ship our money to the mid-east, Canada and Mexico. Why outsource jobs when you can simply outsource our cash.

Its just a matter of time before the Oil companies start feeling the heat if the engine of the American economy start getting pissed. Right now its 4.40 a gallon for heating oil in MA. Most heat their houses with oil here. during the winter if you have no supplemental heat you burn 250 gallons a month. do that math. Not to mention the electric bill has almost doubled now.

I’ve seen righties here claim that when McCain is President oil will be as cheap as tapwater and Iraq will only cost us a dollar and fifty cents a day so why not stay 200 years? I think it was Superfreak. But don’t quote me on it. They all look the same to me.

only now is energy as high a percentage as it was in the 70's. The false outrage will move on to corn or Rev Write.
Alternative energy has to have high oil in order to attract investment.

only now is energy as high a percentage as it was in the 70's. The false outrage will move on to corn or Rev Write.
Alternative energy has to have high oil in order to attract investment.

I don’t understand what you’re saying here Top? You agree with Superfreak that if McCain becomes President oil will be as cheap as tapwater? I am trying to learn here, but I’m not following how that would happen?

The answer is not to use food to make oil. If the dam hippies stop trying to block drilling our own reserves we could keep prices down while we pull out of the middle east. Then take that Iraq 1T and invest it into the industries and schools at the forefront of solar, wind, and blue energies.

The answer is not to use food to make oil. If the dam hippies stop trying to block drilling our own reserves we could keep prices down while we pull out of the middle east. Then take that Iraq 1T and invest it into the industries and schools at the forefront of solar, wind, and blue energies.
Shh... That sounds like the conservative plan. Darla will start assuming you mean that Iraq will only cost a $1.50 a day, it doesn't matter that you said we'd be outta there.

Drilling our reserves = "bad for America" according to every vote on it from the left...

Are there any experts who say that drilling in places such as Anwar would appreciatively raise supplies and lower prices? I saw at least one reputable study which said that drilling in Anwar, for instance, would lower prices by two cents, ten years down the road. I hate hippies too, but it’s hard to get too excited about a two cents a gallon break ten years from now, even if you aren’t a smelly hippy.

Shh... That sounds like the conservative plan. Darla will start assuming you mean that Iraq will only cost a $1.50 a day, it doesn't matter that you said we'd be outta there.

Drilling our reserves = "bad for America" according to every vote on it from the left...

Oh, and don’t forget from W, when he squashed the plan to drill in Florida, at his bro’s request. You and your poor amnesia. You are so lucky to have me here to remind you of yesterday!

Oh, and don’t forget from W, when he squashed the plan to drill in Florida, at his bro’s request. You and your poor amnesia. You are so lucky to have me here to remind you of yesterday!
Hail no. I've never been under the impression that Bush is a conservative in any other way than social, his plans have little resemblance to anything that I would put forth.

True... you have to watch out for the moronic liberals when discussing oil. There complete lack of understanding of economics is glaringly obvious when you see them all parrot the same talking points from iamadumbass.liberal

Bingo, and I'm ashamed of being a democrat turo-lib. But hey I'm a turncoat from the republicans. I must keep teaching.
Darla, so you trolled and article that said it would only go down 2cents. Did you look for and unbiased or whacky righty supply up price down crazy nonsense.

Are there any experts who say that drilling in places such as Anwar would appreciatively raise supplies and lower prices? I saw at least one reputable study which said that drilling in Anwar, for instance, would lower prices by two cents, ten years down the road. I hate hippies too, but it’s hard to get too excited about a two cents a gallon break ten years from now, even if you aren’t a smelly hippy.

Someone can repost the following so Darla can see....

No. Drilling in ANWAR or the Gulf is not likely going to lower oil prices because it is expected that demand will continue to rise.

Yes. ANWAR is at least five years from producing additional reserves from the point in time we start drilling.

The reasons we should be producing our own oil is....

1) It will help offset increases in demand, which in turn will help alleviate price pressures

2) The more oil we produce on our own, the better for our security.... not to mention the fact that it keeps our money HERE rather than giving it to another country.

As for biofuel.... we need to continue focusing on alt energy. Cellulose ethanol is where we should focus our efforts. We cannot continue to use our food for fuel. The next time you drive your car... keep in mind the food you are keeping from those starving from lack of grain.

Solar... for commerical property... right now the breakeven point for Solar is down to a year. Meaning that with the tax break from the government and the revenue flow from the extra energy sold back to the utilities, costs are recouped in about 12 months. Which means the decade after that, you have a positive revenue flow. The more commercial properties converted, the more it will also help reduce our dependency on other fossil fuel sources. Yet, this is getting NO publicity.... (probably because Dems would rather spend 1000 threads talking about how unfair Wright is being treated)

We have enough oil to completley eliminate middle east oil imports and replace with domestic production.

also not many know this but we have the largest known deposits of oil shale in the world.. enough to keep us going for over 100years.

Hail no. I've never been under the impression that Bush is a conservative in any other way than social, his plans have little resemblance to anything that I would put forth.

But you voted for him in 2000. And now we are all supposed to believe that it’s not you, it’s not conservatism, it’s bush. So let’s all vote for McMore and he’ll give us perpetual war on a dollar and fifty cents a day, gas as cheap as tapwater, no taxes, and a balanced budget! Hooray!

Back