Bottom 20% spend $1.90 for $1.00 in wages

blackass you should be done with this thread and you could do your brothers a favor by keeping it in it's proper perspective you dumbass.

Damo realizes we are heading to second world status Darla. He is just trying to prepare us for the slide down the hill :D
Yeah, you can tell that because I agreed with you that I would rather be rich by American standards than by those of Ethiopia.

When comparing the reality of being poor here to that of other places it isn't "stupid as f*ck".

In fact the very need to curse shows me that the point was well made. When somebody like you runs out of words and ends up using obscenities it is because there is no real argument against what was made.

The growing number of poor notwithstanding. What the statistics are saying are "poor" to help that number grow would not be considered poor in almost any other nation. And if you actually read the article, wouldn't be considered poor by American standards either.

You're confusing the "need" to curse with the desire to curse. I called you no name, but I find the statement really stupid.

It appears we are talking about apples and oranges, because I thought the question was about the poor in America, not Ethiopia.

Spinner said there was no poor in America and you came back with Ethiopia.

In spite of TV's and microwaves, there is a growing problem of poor in America, and if you can address that issue without useless relative comparisons which do not in any way, shape, or form, address the American issue .. then perhaps the conversation would make sense.

You're confusing the "need" to curse with the desire to curse. I called you no name, but I find the statement really stupid.

It appears we are talking about apples and oranges, because I thought the question was about the poor in America, not Ethiopia.

Spinner said there was no poor in America and you came back with Ethiopia.

In spite of TV's and microwaves, there is a growing problem of poor in America, and if you can address that issue without useless relative comparisons which do not in any way, shape, or form, address the American issue .. then perhaps the conversation would make sense.
And comparing the poor in America to what Americans consider poor doesn't count?

This again shows that you didn't read the article. Two of you didn't read the article, yet continue to state things already answered by the article such as what Americans consider poor.

There are poor Americans but overstating it by using statistics like the census bureau won't help you as Americans will find it difficult to believe them when they see things that show that they are not "poor"...

Whether or not you think it is a stupid question, the reality is when you run out of words and wind up with only obscenities left you really have ceded the argument and degraded yourself, regardless of whether or not you "called me a name"... I didn't say you "called me a name" that is your own interpretation.

your too freaking stupid to pull your partisan hack simpleton head out your ass for 5 minutes blackass.
If you can't see the inference that our poor are way better off than what is considered poor in the rest of the world your dumber than most of us accuse you of. Further your a detriment to getting Obama elected. Simpleton!!!

And comparing the poor in America to what Americans consider poor doesn't count?

This again shows that you didn't read the article. Two of you didn't read the article, yet continue to state things already answered by the article such as what Americans consider poor.

I read what you posted.

Tell me how comparing the poor in Ethiopia does anything towards addressing the poor in America?

I read what you posted.

Tell me how comparing the poor in Ethiopia does anything towards addressing the poor in America?
Because, according to the article, how the poor live in Ethiopia would be what Americans consider poverty.

Now, tell me how overstating poverty in America will help when people can see that those reported as "poor" largely are comfortable. Overstating statistics will not help the argument, it only gives fuel to those who would use your own statistics against you.

your too freaking stupid to pull your partisan hack simpleton head out your ass for 5 minutes blackass.
If you can't see the inference that our poor are way better off than what is considered poor in the rest of the world your dumber than most of us accuse you of. Further your a detriment to getting Obama elected. Simpleton!!!

Damo has done a fine job of distracting from the fact that you posted a statistic which now that credit has dried up along with the job market, is an alarming predictor for our economy, and that you didn’t even know what the fuck it meant.

And that is all Damo has accomplished with his usual tap dance routine.
I wonder if he can do a tango? I like a tango.

I read what you posted.

It is just the same old line as "Eat that food, there are starving children in China" :)

Or at least we are better than them.

or At least I did not vote for Gore/Kerry.

Pretty much the same mentality there. Part of the Republican leaning mindset, why we do not understand it BAC.

There are poor Americans but overstating it by using statistics like the census bureau won't help you as Americans will find it difficult to believe them when they see things that show that they are not "poor"...

Whether or not you think it is a stupid question, the reality is when you run out of words and wind up with only obscenities left you really have ceded the argument and degraded yourself, regardless of whether or not you "called me a name"... I didn't say you "called me a name" that is your own interpretation.

Another thing you could do with that article is check to see if it is accurate first before relying so heavily on them. At least, that's where I'd start. I'd wager pretty highly that the numbers are bullshit.

Another thing you could do with that article is check to see if it is accurate first before relying so heavily on them. At least, that's where I'd start. I'd wager pretty highly that the numbers are bullshit.
Yes, you could do that. But first you'd have to read it.

But all of the numbers we have now are bullshit, including the unemployment rate! For Christ sakes how many times does a person have to read about a number buried, or a statistic twisted, or a “mistake” on the jobs report three months running, or a “new category” like “food insecure” before they get the picture?

Damo, do you know how many, or how long it’s going to take?

Because, according to the article, how the poor live in Ethiopia would be what Americans consider poverty.

Now, tell me how overstating poverty in America will help when people can see that those reported as "poor" largely are comfortable. Overstating statistics will not help the argument, it only gives fuel to those who would use your own statistics against you.

What Americans?

There are millions of Americans who not only recognize poverty in America, they also recognize how fragile American life is becoming and closer we are getting to the rest of the world.

There are many Americans who don't know if they can even afford to stay alive with healthcare costs. Some are choosing buying food or medicine

There is only one hospital in the entire state of Georgia that helps the poor who can't afford to pay .. and the state has moved to close that one unless it changes that policy.

I ask you again, how does any comparisons of Ethiopia do anything to address poverty in America?.

typical turbo lib economic ineptness, if you dissagree with the nubmers call them bullshit.
I'll check back with you in a year dhula to see how much different you charecterize Obama's unemployment number.

But all of the numbers we have now are bullshit, including the unemployment rate! For Christ sakes how many times does a person have to read about a number buried, or a statistic twisted, or a “mistake” on the jobs report three months running, or a “new category” like “food insecure” before they get the picture?

Damo, do you know how many, or how long it’s going to take?
Again, using numbers that specifically overstate things and then pretending that they are reality doesn't help you when you begin to say that the numbers understate "these things".

I'm supposed to believe that all the "poor" reported are actually poor when we can see by the statistics that most of what they report as "poor" aren't even what you are reporting as poor because of these numbers, then I'm supposed to believe that they under report those that the US actually considers poor...

I'm supposed to blindly follow in one circumstance, then not to in another. I prefer not to in either case and actually read what those people reported themselves. Of the "poor" in the US, only about 3% report their kids ever go in need of food.

Does that mean we shouldn't help them? Heck no! It does mean that your numbers should be revisited though.

It is just the same old line as "Eat that food, there are starving children in China" :)

Or at least we are better than them.

or At least I did not vote for Gore/Kerry.

Pretty much the same mentality there. Part of the Republican leaning mindset, why we do not understand it BAC.

I absolutely agree with you.

Damo posted something from the Heritage Foundation as evidence which I highly doubt to be factual.

What Americans?

There are millions of Americans who not only recognize poverty in America, they also recognize how fragile American life is becoming and closer we are getting to the rest of the world.

There are many Americans who don't know if they can even afford to stay alive with healthcare costs. Some are choosing buying food or medicine

There is only one hospital in the entire state of Georgia that helps the poor who can't afford to pay .. and the state has moved to close that one unless it changes that policy.

I ask you again, how does any comparisons of Ethiopia do anything to address poverty in America?.
Again, just more evidence you didn't bother to read the article.

I absolutely agree with you.

Damo posted something from the Heritage Foundation as evidence which I highly doubt to be factual.
Then read the article and show which areas it is not factual.

I read your links when you post them. Even if they are from some site that reports that everybody in the US is under feeding their children.

Back