Bottom 20% spend $1.90 for $1.00 in wages

typical turbo lib economic ineptness, if you dissagree with the nubmers call them bullshit.
I'll check back with you in a year dhula to see how much different you charecterize Obama's unemployment number.

You deny there has been a pattern of deceit and deception in everything this administration has done, from economic indicators and reports, to environmental impact studies including at the WTC, to wiretapping, to wmds, to every little thing coming out of PRAVDA DC?

You must be in a coma along with damo. May you never wake up from it, for ignorance is bliss, and I take back what I said, you probably are one happy fucker Topper. The inferiority complex you exhibit with every word you write probably has less to do with misery, and more to do with the infamous Napoleon complex.

One thing that I find incredibly laughable is the suggestion that the article I posted was some sort of argument against helping the poor.

I find it as an argument for helping the poor, it shows that it will be far less expensive to do so than I previously thought.

Again, just more evidence you didn't bother to read the article.

Your article is from the Heritage Foundation and I don't chose to read their agenda-driven dribble.

Why can't you tell me how you think comparing Ethiopia and American poor does anything to address American poor.

It's a real simple question.

Look at the march jobs report. Buried within the coverage of it, deep down, is the little fact that the January and February jobs reports had to be revised downwards. That is, we lost more jobs than they “first indicated”. Anyone not brain dead, and who remembers bush’s first term, when every month a little addendum would be released and buried with Friday’s trash, showing that last month’s job loss estimate had to be revised upwards (never, ever, not once, downwards), would know enough to wonder what March’s job loss number really was.

Because you can bet the horse it wasn’t the 80,000 they owned up to.

And still, after 7 and a half years of being taken as fools, of being lied to with every press release, and every report, you line up like lemmings, and say “give me more bush, I’ll swallow whatever you are peddling”. And then you regurgitate these numbers here, and expect them to mean something to those who show brain wave activity on their scans.

It is a stunning showing of what stupidity really means.

Your article is from the Heritage Foundation and I don't chose to read their agenda-driven dribble.

Why can't you tell me how you think comparing Ethiopia and American poor does anything to address American poor.

It's a real simple question.
Again, I read articles that you post that are agenda-driven. But heck, you sanitize your world and only allow information from sources you "agree" with.

Again, comparing what Americans consider poor with the American "poor" as reported by the census bureau is relevant to the discussion at hand.

dhula does have a PHD in moveon.org attack antics and is today's drama queen of the day. Your so clueless Darla you don't even know what a really bad number is. March's number will tripple to the downside if you and your moveon.clueless turbo-libs are right on the economy. But that would be a first.

Again, I read articles that you post that are agenda-driven. But heck, you sanitize your world and only allow information from sources you "agree" with.

Again, comparing what Americans consider poor with the American "poor" as reported by the census bureau is relevant to the discussion at hand.

I read lots of articles and information contrary to what I believe, but I choose which I read .. just like you do. Can we have this discussion as adults? Don't pretend you don't chose what you read.

Why is this such a difficult question for you to answer without reffering to an article?

In the discussion of how to address the undeniable needs of American poor, at what point in that discussion does "Well, they're better off than Ethiopians", make sense?

dhula does have a PHD in moveon.org attack antics and is today's drama queen of the day. Your so clueless Darla you don't even know what a really bad number is. March's number will tripple to the downside if you and your moveon.clueless turbo-libs are right on the economy. But that would be a first.

Top when you can refute anything I post with any actual fact, or piece of evidence, please do so. This constant biting around my ankles is irritating. Why don’t you go get yourself a livasnap?

because your so easy to own dhula, when you accuse independent agencies of falsifying numbers you get exposed as comically ignorant.
I'm hear to educate turbo-libs in real world economics so we can help Obama win by landslide.

because your so easy to own dhula, when you accuse independent agencies of falsifying numbers you get exposed as comically ignorant.
I'm hear to educate turbo-libs in real world economics so we can help Obama win by landslide.

It’s not an accusation. It’s a fact. Their numbers were wrong for January and February of 2008, and for three years out of the first bush term. Stop pissing all over the threads Topper, we’re running out of newspaper. I’ll have to assign someone to take you out for walks.

I don't feel like reading every post, but I think I get the idea. Damo thinks because they aren't living in mud huts and shanties and have access to dvd players and tvs, that they really aren't that poor, thus makign this entire conversation a moot point?

LOL, yeah. That's a real revelation. Poor people here are better off than poor people in developing and 3rd world countries. Who knew. You know what really kills me about that implication? people in this country throw away and give awy electronics all the time.

I read lots of articles and information contrary to what I believe, but I choose which I read .. just like you do. Can we have this discussion as adults? Don't pretend you don't chose what you read.

Why is this such a difficult question for you to answer without reffering to an article?

In the discussion of how to address the undeniable needs of American poor, at what point in that discussion does "Well, they're better off than Ethiopians", make sense?
I answered it several times, when considering the poor in America, comparing the reported numbers of "poor" in America and their living conditions, with those Americans actually consider poor and their living conditions is relative to the discussion.

I don't feel like reading every post, but I think I get the idea. Damo thinks because they aren't living in mud huts and shanties and have access to dvd players and tvs, that they really aren't that poor, thus makign this entire conversation a moot point?

LOL, yeah. That's a real revelation. Poor people here are better off than poor people in developing and 3rd world countries. Who knew. You know what really kills me about that implication? people in this country throw away and give awy electronics all the time.
Nope. What I stated is that when speaking of the "poor" in America, using census statistics is misleading and overstates the "problem" considerably when compared to what the average American considers "poor" to be.

There are actual poor in the US, we should help them.

Pretty much. Damo apparently thinks that if you own a color TV (Really. They went out of their way to indicate that the TVs were color TVs) and a microwave then you aren't really poor.

Oh, and can you change your signature? Please.

Pretty much. Damo apparently thinks that if you own a color TV (Really. They went out of their way to indicate that the TVs were color TVs) and a microwave then you aren't really poor.

Again, somebody who would rather prejudge than read what I have said in this thread. Weak. Very.

That's two pleas on that one Tiana.

I say if you have color tv, a car, cable, free healthcare and a buck 90 for every buck you earn in spending then your getting too much already. WE should increase education so there will be less free loaders.

Again, somebody who would rather prejudge than read what I have said in this thread. Weak. Very.

You've basically said that the census is full of shit because $10,000 is plenty of cash for an individual in the United States to eke out an existence. Sorry if I'm not buying it.

You've basically said that the census is full of shit because $10,000 is plenty of cash for an individual in the United States to eke out an existence. Sorry if I'm not buying it.
What I have said is that overstating a problem gives your "opponents" ammunition that they will use against you. Others have taken my points of how it is overstated and attempted to make it into some argument against helping the poor. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There are real poor in America, even those that Americans would consider poor according to that article. Instead of overstating it in an obvious way, we should help them.

Back