Bowl Games

giphy.gif

Your narrative certainly seem to imply such, and what is the problem with the Rose Bowl, I thought it was suppose to be the "grand daddy of bowl games," or something like that

Celina is a great place,I did two talks on Gen.Sherman to their Civil War Roundtable!

If you do that again, shoot me an invite. I'm a big Civil War buff and I'm originally from the area. Celina is where my parents were living before they passed away. I did my first two years of college there at the WOBC of Wright State on Lake St. Mary's on St. Rt. 703 or UCLA as we called it (University of Celina on the Lake Almost).

Your narrative certainly seem to imply such, and what is the problem with the Rose Bowl, I thought it was suppose to be the "grand daddy of bowl games," or something like that

No, my narrative does not imply that.

At USC the goal/expectation is to play for National Championships. This isn't the mid '90's or before anymore.

No, my narrative does not imply that.

At USC the goal/expectation is to play for National Championships. This isn't the mid '90's or before anymore.

Which returns to the scenario of a private school shelling out millions just to compete for four playoff spots no one will remember five years from now, just can't see it happening

Southerners still crying because Sherman humiliated them.

I worked for a couple of years in South Carolina and I'm familiar with the land that Sherman traversed on his march towards Columbia and it had to be an absolutely astonishing sight. The large majority of the area he marched through is a vast swamp (or at least it was at that time) and Sherman marched through that during the rainy season. The South Carolinian's were Gob Smacked. They didn't think it was possible during the dry season. Having seen the area I to was amazed. He'll it looker pert near impossible to do today even with modern equipment.

Did you include just how much of a coward Sherman was?

Coward? He marched into a fortified city and burned it. It wasn't fast, but it was effective. He wasn't a coward. He might have been batshit crazy, but he was not a coward.

Which returns to the scenario of a private school shelling out millions just to compete for four playoff spots no one will remember five years from now, just can't see it happening

I'm done dude. I'm always willing to discuss college football but you don't follow my school (or conference) and have no idea what's going on other than thinking our current position is a result of being a private school.

I'm done dude. I'm always willing to discuss college football but you don't follow my school (or conference) and have no idea what's going on other than thinking our current position is a result of being a private school.

And comparing it with that of other private schools, as I noted, even Notre Dame, the only other private school perhaps still competing at that level, is questionable given their one time experience coupled with recent games against the top six or seven teams spending money, and don't try to tell us USC has the traditions or resources that Notre Dame has at its disposable

If you do that again, shoot me an invite. I'm a big Civil War buff and I'm originally from the area. Celina is where my parents were living before they passed away. I did my first two years of college there at the WOBC of Wright State on Lake St. Mary's on St. Rt. 703 or UCLA as we called it (University of Celina on the Lake Almost).

Sounds like CFM would like to go!
Have you ever visited the Sherman house in Lancaster?

Coward? He marched into a fortified city and burned it. It wasn't fast, but it was effective. He wasn't a coward. He might have been batshit crazy, but he was not a coward.

Grant and Sherman left for Richmond and Atlanta the same day!
Sherman was a days March from Richmond,when Grant took Richmond.
Sherman had gone to Atlanta,Savannah,Columbia SC,and North Carolina in the time Grant went to Richmond.

Sounds like CFM would like to go!
Have you ever visited the Sherman house in Lancaster?

I have. When I was younger and raced bicycles back in the 90's I did a lot of training in the Lancaster/Hocking Hills/Chillicothe area. Got pretty good at climbing hills. I've tried to find the House that Salmon P. Chase lived in here in Cbus but have had no luck finding it.

Grant and Sherman left for Richmond and Atlanta the same day!
Sherman was a days March from Richmond,when Grant took Richmond.
Sherman had gone to Atlanta,Savannah,Columbia SC,and North Carolina in the time Grant went to Richmond.

Which was all part of Grant's Strategy. It was a Door and Hinge Strategy. When he had Miegs maneuvere Lee into a siege at Petersburg his grand strategy was to have Banks swing his Army up the James, Have Sheridan's Army Swing Down through the Shanandoa Valley, Sherman to pivot through Georgia and then the Carolina's and Thomas was to follow Braggs Army and destroy it.

It was the first time in Warfare that one General Commanded 5 armies in the field whose efforts were all coordinated towards the same objective. It's also why Grant is considered by most military historians to have been a substantially superior commanding General versus Lee who was a myopic one theater General.

I have. When I was younger and raced bicycles back in the 90's I did a lot of training in the Lancaster/Hocking Hills/Chillicothe area. Got pretty good at climbing hills. I've tried to find the House that Salmon P. Chase lived in here in Cbus but have had no luck finding it.

There is a supposed exteacher here,who claims to live in that area.Maybe he/she knows.

Which was all part of Grant's Strategy. It was a Door and Hinge Strategy. When he had Miegs maneuvere Lee into a siege at Petersburg his grand strategy was to have Banks swing his Army up the James, Have Sheridan's Army Swing Down through the Shanandoa Valley, Sherman to pivot through Georgia and then the Carolina's and Thomas was to follow Braggs Army and destroy it.

It was the first time in Warfare that one General Commanded 5 armies in the field whose efforts were all coordinated towards the same objective. It's also why Grant is considered by most military historians to have been a substantially superior commanding General versus Lee who was a myopic one theater General.

Hood was in command of Braggs Army by then,that Thomas destroyed

And comparing it with that of other private schools, as I noted, even Notre Dame, the only other private school perhaps still competing at that level, is questionable given their one time experience coupled with recent games against the top six or seven teams spending money, and don't try to tell us USC has the traditions or resources that Notre Dame has at its disposable

When Notre Dame decided to increase its visibility by playing on the West Coast (in the 1920s), it selected USC instead of UCLA or Washington. It wound-up playing Stanford in the 1925 Rose Bowl, but, never established a formal relationship until about 30 years ago.

Back