Bozeman Daily Chronicle Poll

meme

Six months into his presidency, how would you rate Barack Obama's performance?
Terrific (268 Votes, 16%)
Better than average (144 Votes, 9%)
So-so (94 Votes, 6%)
Worse than average (141 Votes, 8%)
Awful (1029 Votes, 61%)
Total Votes:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/

I would assume your assumption would be right...so??

Well, if I posted online poll results for what people think of the GOP or some figure in the GOP from, say, DailyKos...how much stock would you put on those results?

Well, if I posted online poll results for what people think of the GOP or some figure in the GOP from, say, DailyKos...how much stock would you put on those results?
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle equates to DailyKOS in your mind?

You tell me, Damo.

If Obama's approval rating actually dropped to just over 30% today...don't you think that would be significant news?
That doesn't make the city's newspaper equate to DailyKOS.

It's an online poll with all their faults. Nobody puts much stock in them, but it doesn't make Bozeman Daily Chronicle equate to the DialyKOS. That's just plain silly.

That doesn't make the city's newspaper equate to DailyKOS.

It's an online poll with all their faults. Nobody puts much stock in them, but it doesn't make Bozeman Daily Chronicle equate to the DialyKOS. That's just plain silly.

The example was provided more to illustrate that it is not an unbiased poll, and that online polls in general are not reflective of the national opinion, as evidenced by the results.

You've really become such a waste of time to respond to.

The example was provided more to illustrate that it is not an unbiased poll, and that online polls in general are not reflective of the national opinion, as evidenced by the results.

You've really become such a waste of time to respond to.
Please. You pick the DailyKOS in your example and equate a city's newspaper to it. I wanted to know if those two things really equated in your mind or if you were trying for the hyperbole and actually purposefully reaching into the ridiculous.

And I agree, online polls are a fun toy, but they don't reflect anything except who was online at the moment.

Please. You pick the DailyKOS in your example and equate a city's newspaper to it. I wanted to know if those two things really equated in your mind or if you were trying for the hyperbole and actually purposefully reaching into the ridiculous.

And I agree, online polls are a fun toy, but they don't reflect anything except who was online at the moment.
And in this case it also shows that the Bozeman paper online is frequented by conservatives.

And in this case it also shows that the Bozeman paper online is frequented by conservatives.
Or it was during that poll. Most people that visit the site wouldn't take part in the poll. These polls are not even indicative of what kind of readers they have.

Bozeman, Montana
As of the census[15] of 2000, there were 27,509 people, 10,877 households, and 5,014 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,183.8 people per square mile (843.0/km²). There were 11,577 housing units at an average density of 919.0/sq mi (354.8/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 94.73% White, 0.33% African American, 1.24% Native American, 1.62% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 0.54% from other races, and 1.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.59% of the population.

There were 10,877 households out of which 22.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 36.0% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 53.9% were non-families. 30.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.26 and the average family size was 2.85.

In the city the population was spread out with 16.0% under the age of 18, 33.0% from 18 to 24, 28.6% from 25 to 44, 14.4% from 45 to 64, and 8.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 25 years. For every 100 females there were 111.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 112.6 males.

The median income for a household in the city was $32,156, and the median income for a family was $41,723. Males had a median income of $28,794 versus $20,743 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,104. About 9.2% of families and 20.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 14.8% of those under age 18 and 4.4% of those age 65 or over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozeman,_Montana#Demographics

Bozeman, Montana
As of the census[15] of 2000, there were 27,509 people, 10,877 households, and 5,014 families residing in the city. The population density was 2,183.8 people per square mile (843.0/km²). There were 11,577 housing units at an average density of 919.0/sq mi (354.8/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 94.73% White, 0.33% African American, 1.24% Native American, 1.62% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 0.54% from other races, and 1.47% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.59% of the population.

There were 10,877 households out of which 22.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 36.0% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 53.9% were non-families. 30.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.26 and the average family size was 2.85.

In the city the population was spread out with 16.0% under the age of 18, 33.0% from 18 to 24, 28.6% from 25 to 44, 14.4% from 45 to 64, and 8.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 25 years. For every 100 females there were 111.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 112.6 males.

The median income for a household in the city was $32,156, and the median income for a family was $41,723. Males had a median income of $28,794 versus $20,743 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,104. About 9.2% of families and 20.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 14.8% of those under age 18 and 4.4% of those age 65 or over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bozeman,_Montana#Demographics

do you have point?

that doesn't make it equal to the dailykos

DailyKos online polls = biased & unreliable; not a true measure of American opinion.

Bozeman online polls = biased & unreliable; not a true measure of American opinion.

That's the point. I don't know where you guys got the argument that I somehow said Bozeman is the exact same thing as DailyKos.

Another strawman.

Desperation in digging up a local survey in a town of 27K in a right wing state.

Pretty funny the attempt of some on the right to defend this.

no desperation at all...all a diabolical plan..

and guess who fell for it...??
Muttley.gif

Desperation in digging up a local survey in a town of 27K in a right wing state.

Pretty funny the attempt of some on the right to defend this.

go find a small town somewhere else....

it cracks me up what a nerve meme hit....you guys are touchy, gettting worried about your messiah :eek:

Back