Bucket list getting filled

I would have been really glad if my father took me on a trip to Germany. Unfortunately, that didn't happen, and this thing remained in my bucket list for a long time. Now I already earned some money on writing and finally, I can fulfill my dream and visit both Germany and the Netherlands. This topic gave me even more inspiration.

Typo, should be "not unexpected". My English ancestors migrated westward across England then Ireland until they ran out of land. They were contractors, building castles and defensive structures, things that Vikings would have been good at.

A Story for Every Occasion ™

Folks liked it. No one is forcing you to read it.

Something triggered C-fan today, searching through my old threads and spreading hate. Must have been a bad week for the Democrats.

:rofl2: No self-awareness whatsoever. You've been spreading hate about Michelle and Chelsea all day and you're having a hissy fit because I gave it back to you.

I just got back from a week in Germany and am able to check off several items on my bucket list.

• Drove on several unlimited sections of the Autobahn, my fastest speed a leisurely 185 kph.
  • Skied the glacier at the top of Zugspitze.
  • Attended a World Cup downhill (womens).
  • Skied the Kandahar.
  • Visited Liechtenstein (one of four countries that day).
  • Visited one of my ancestral homes, including a working dairy farm still operated by my distant cousins.

Thats fantastic.

What's next?

Thats fantastic.

What's next?

Road trip to Florida in May to see my dad.
My daughter wants to go to Scotland (maybe, this is totally out of the blue since last week) in September.
River cruise on the Doro (Spain, Portugal) is booked for February.

You?

Road trip to Florida in May to see my dad.
My daughter wants to go to Scotland (maybe, this is totally out of the blue since last week) in September.
River cruise on the Doro (Spain, Portugal) is booked for February.

You?

I'm in the U.S.

Travel:
Liverpool to watch a major EPL match, see Penny Lane (hopefully 2020).
Alaska via cruse ship (also hopefully 2020)
Learn to make Paella as good as my my mother did.

Also rans...
Visit Dealy Plaza for the first time and tour the JFK museum there--I'm a buff on the subject.
Play a round of golf at a private country club--never done that
Carve out enough time to see Yosemite or Yellowstone or The Grand Canyon for more than just a few hours...spend the night truly camping out in one of those parks.

Probably will never happen:
Fly first class coast to coast or Trans atlantic/pacific
Ride on one of the bullet trains (may do that at Liverpool if there is one)
Spend a week going to theaters in NY.

I'm in the U.S.

Travel:
Liverpool to watch a major EPL match, see Penny Lane (hopefully 2020).
Alaska via cruse ship (also hopefully 2020)
Learn to make Paella as good as my my mother did.

Also rans...
Visit Dealy Plaza for the first time and tour the JFK museum there--I'm a buff on the subject.
Play a round of golf at a private country club--never done that
Carve out enough time to see Yosemite or Yellowstone or The Grand Canyon for more than just a few hours...spend the night truly camping out in one of those parks.

Probably will never happen:
Fly first class coast to coast or Trans atlantic/pacific
Ride on one of the bullet trains (may do that at Liverpool if there is one)
Spend a week going to theaters in NY.

I spent a few nights are the lodge at Old Faithful. Buffalo right outside our window. First week of the season and few we're there. Awesome trip.

Back