Can a modern day "liberal" also be a "patriot"?

The liberals' reverence for military service didn't extend to George W. Bush, did it?

No...they continue to deny....... he was a fighter pilot, F-102 Convairs I believe .... maybe they think he flew them as a civilian....

Must be siesta time for mm....or run away time.

No...they continue to deny....... he was a fighter pilot, F-102 Convairs I believe .... maybe they think he flew them as a civilian....Must be siesta time for mm....or run away time.

The Commander had this to say earlier:

of course it follows. if one's patriotism is not being questioned by one's opponents, one is less likely to feel the need to proclaim it. For years I was just "yellow dog democrat" until people like you who were too frightened to even serve your country for a day started questioning the patriotism of someone who devoted a quarter of a century to serving this country.

Does anyone else on JPP feel the need to put "patriot" in their user profile?

The liberals' reverence for military service didn't extend to George W. Bush, did it?

Nope; not Bush Sr. And of course service is only relevant in a President when they have an "R" next to their name. ;) Billy Bob the draft dodger and Obama the cocaine snorter never had to serve because we know they will NEVER send our men and women of the armed forces into harms way right? :wink wink::

No...they continue to deny....... he was a fighter pilot, F-102 Convairs I believe .... maybe they think he flew them as a civilian....

Must be siesta time for mm....or run away time.

Yep; being a fighter pilot is so much easier than being a community organizer dontchyaknow...or a successful business man.....or a Governor.... ;)

It's part of their deep seated anxiety derived from their fear of that which is different. They just keep repeating something to themselves....even if they just made it up....and if they repeat it often enough it becomes true in their eyes.

I challenge you, and any other leftist dunce on the forum, at any time to prove that anything I have stated as a fact were not facts; in addition, I will happily debate the merits of my ideological views, their history against yours, and any other leftist dunce on the forum, any time, any place and anywhere.

;)

I thank nova for his service. Please tell me about yours, BM (how inadvertently appropriate THAT is!) so that I might thank you as well.

I don't recall the Commander thanking George W Bush for his service...do you?

He skated out early... and the records which would show how the TANG dealt with his disobeying a direct order have been strangely lost in the maze of paper records in St. Louis. imagine that. If he had not avoided his ethical responsibilities by disobeying a direct order and then, somehow weaseling out of the consequences of that, I might have something of substance to thank him for.

He skated out early... and the records which would show how the TANG dealt with his disobeying a direct order have been strangely lost in the maze of paper records in St. Louis. imagine that. If he had not avoided his ethical responsibilities by disobeying a direct order and then, somehow weaseling out of the consequences of that, I might have something of substance to thank him for.

Did he get an honorable discharge? Yes or no?

What service did Billy Bob Clinton perform? How about Barak Community Organizing Obama?

Did he get an honorable discharge? Yes or no?

he did...but the circumstances regarding the details of how he was able to get one given the fact that he disobeyed a direct order are lost... I have no doubt imagining that strings were pulled. I know that if I had disobeyed a direct order from my direct superior, I would not have been discharged honorably.

Back