Can Artificial Intelligence have free will?

If that's true then it can be said to have free will but I am skeptical.

I think it's possible, but not with our present level of technology.

More likely would be a hybrid of genetically altered brain material linked to computers and machinery.

I think it's possible, but not with our present level of technology.

More likely would be a hybrid of genetically altered brain material linked to computers and machinery.

Right so technically it's not AI itself having free will.

Can an AI system set tasks for itself and choose not to complete one or all of them?

Only those tasks that the programmers program it to set for itself. AI is entirely deterministic based on what the programmers specify. AI makes no decisions that the programmers don't make for it.

ad88943805447aa8313606c1c393b695.png

Your limited cognitive capacity grasps so little that you leave me with very few tools to explain your errors to you ...

200.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

You know nothing about AI.
I'm an expert on AI and software development. You are a moron across the board. Please point me to a post of yours in which you demonstrate actually knowing something. Why should any rational adult believe that you are in any sort of position to judge anyone above Terry's intelligence on any topic?

Put your pacifier back in your mouth take your nappy.

801322c6e5f2997b2960bab87c5041e6.jpg

Your limited cognitive capacity grasps so little that you leave me with very few tools to explain your errors to you ...

200.webp
200w.webp
200w.webp

I'm an expert on AI and software development. You are a moron across the board. Please point me to a post of yours in which you demonstrate actually knowing something. Why should any rational adult believe that you are in any sort of position to judge anyone above Terry's intelligence on any topic?

Put your pacifier back in your mouth take your nappy.

801322c6e5f2997b2960bab87c5041e6.jpg

you're a pathetic moron back to ignore

You know nothing about AI.

He does, but I know more.
AI makes NO decisions that programmers don't make for it. It is not 'intelligence' at all. Computers have none. AI is a programming technique where a decision matrix is trimmed through a feedback loop. That feedback loop is part of the programming. The initial decision matrix is part of the programming.

It is not magick. AI has no soul. It is not alive. It is not sentient. It is not aware of anything that programmers specifically don't make it aware of. You've been watching too many movies and believing the fiction in them is real.

Back