Can Artificial Intelligence have free will?

some uses are fine.
... and some uses are bad. OK, so we're on the same sheet of music.

if you're willing to work with us on a sandbox for a.i. operations you would be a good person.
I'm willing.

A.I. should not be turned loose on all human data in general.
I get the distinct impression that you don't understand what AI is. It's not something that can be "turned loose." Would you have a problem if I were to turn my living room furniture loose on all human data?

AI is not a sentient intelligence. It's a technique for programming analyses that differs greatly from standard programming, and the output is information. You seem to have a great fear of this information that comes from this programming technique.

it's too much power in the hands of a few.
AI is great power in the hands of very many and is available to everyone.

I suggest you verify this for yourself. You or anyone can create a free account on AWS (Amazon Web Services) and use any of the following AI services (paying only for the processing that you use):

Amazon SageMaker: SageMaker is a fully managed service that helps you quickly build, train, and deploy machine learning models at scale.
Amazon Rekognition: This service provides image and video analysis for applications like facial recognition, object and scene detection, and content moderation.
Amazon Comprehend: A natural language processing (NLP) service for sentiment analysis, entity recognition, and language detection.
Amazon Polly: A text-to-speech service that can convert text into lifelike speech.
Amazon Lex: A service for building conversational interfaces into applications, such as chatbots and voice-powered applications.
Amazon Transcribe: Automatic speech recognition (ASR) service that converts spoken language into written text.
Amazon Translate: A neural machine translation service that can translate text between languages.
Amazon Forecast: A machine learning service for time series forecasting.
AWS Deep Learning AMIs: Amazon Machine Images pre-configured with deep learning frameworks for quickly setting up deep learning environments.
AWS RoboMaker: A service for developing, testing, and deploying robotics applications.
Amazon Textract: A service for extracting text and structured data from scanned documents.
Amazon Personalize: A machine learning service for building personalized recommendations.
AWS Kendra: A service for building intelligent search into applications.
Amazon Fraud Detector: A service for identifying potentially fraudulent activities in your applications.
AWS Inferentia: An AWS-designed machine learning inference chip for high-performance, low-cost inference workloads.
AWS Gluon: An open-source deep learning interface for building machine learning models.

Then you can check the AI services offered by Azure:

Azure Machine Learning: A cloud-based service for building, training, and deploying machine learning models. It supports a wide range of machine learning frameworks and tools.
Azure Cognitive Services: A collection of AI services for various tasks, including computer vision, speech recognition, language understanding, and more. Some of these services include:
Azure Computer Vision: Provides image and video analysis capabilities.
Azure Speech Service: Offers speech-to-text and text-to-speech capabilities.
Azure Language Understanding (LUIS): Enables natural language understanding for chatbots and applications.
Azure Translator Text: Provides machine translation capabilities.
Azure Bot Service: A service for creating intelligent, enterprise-grade chatbots that can be integrated into various channels and applications.
Azure Databricks: An Apache Spark-based analytics platform that can be used for big data and machine learning workloads.
Azure Custom Vision: Allows you to build and deploy custom image classifiers.
Azure Speech Studio: A service for building and deploying conversational AI solutions.
Azure Anomaly Detector: Helps you identify anomalies in time series data.
Azure Text Analytics: Provides sentiment analysis, key phrase extraction, and language detection.
Azure Video Analyzer for Media: Analyzes video content to extract insights and metadata.
Azure Form Recognizer: Extracts data from forms and documents using machine learning.
Azure Metrics Advisor: Detects anomalies in time series data and provides root cause analysis.
Azure Applied AI Services: Offers a suite of industry-specific AI solutions, such as Azure AI for Healthcare, Azure AI for Retail, and more.

Then you can review the AI services offered on Google Cloud:

Google Cloud AI Platform: A platform that allows users to build, train, and deploy machine learning models. It includes AutoML, which simplifies model development, and AI Platform Notebooks for collaborative model development.

Google Cloud Vision AI: Provides image analysis capabilities, including object recognition, content moderation, and OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
Google Cloud Video AI: Allows you to analyze video content for object detection, text recognition, and other insights.
Google Cloud Natural Language: Offers NLP (Natural Language Processing) capabilities, including sentiment analysis, entity recognition, and content classification.
Google Cloud Speech-to-Text: Converts spoken language into written text, supporting multiple languages.
Google Cloud Text-to-Speech: Converts text into lifelike speech, with a range of natural voices.
Google Cloud Translation: Provides machine translation services for translating text between languages.
Google Cloud Dialogflow: A development suite for building conversational applications, including chatbots and voice-powered apps.
Google Cloud AutoML: A suite of machine learning products that enables users to build custom machine learning models with minimal expertise in machine learning.
Google Cloud AI Building Blocks: Includes individual services like Document AI, Contact Center AI, and Recommendations AI, which provide specialized AI capabilities for specific use cases.
Google Cloud Vertex AI: A unified AI platform for ML model development, deployment, and management.
Google Cloud Healthcare AI: Offers a set of tools and solutions for healthcare and life sciences, including de-identification of patient data and medical image analysis.
Google Cloud Video Intelligence: Analyzes video content to extract insights and metadata.
Google Cloud Recommendations AI: Provides recommendations for content personalization.
Google Cloud Document AI: Helps in document processing, text extraction, and structured data extraction.
Google Cloud Speech Intelligence: An enterprise-grade automatic speech recognition (ASR) system.

Just create an account and you can use the pay-as-you-go services.

I'm willing.

I get the distinct impression that you don't understand what AI is. It's not something that can be "turned loose." Would you have a problem if I were to turn my living room furniture loose on all human data?

AI is not a sentient intelligence. It's a technique for programming analyses that differs greatly from standard programming, and the output is information. You seem to have a great fear of this information that comes from this programming technique.

I suggest you verify this for yourself. You or anyone can create a free account on AWS (Amazon Web Services) and use any of the following AI services (paying only for the processing that you use):

Amazon SageMaker: SageMaker is a fully managed service that helps you quickly build, train, and deploy machine learning models at scale.
Amazon Rekognition: This service provides image and video analysis for applications like facial recognition, object and scene detection, and content moderation.
Amazon Comprehend: A natural language processing (NLP) service for sentiment analysis, entity recognition, and language detection.
Amazon Polly: A text-to-speech service that can convert text into lifelike speech.
Amazon Lex: A service for building conversational interfaces into applications, such as chatbots and voice-powered applications.
Amazon Transcribe: Automatic speech recognition (ASR) service that converts spoken language into written text.
Amazon Translate: A neural machine translation service that can translate text between languages.
AWS Deep Learning AMIs: Amazon Machine Images pre-configured with deep learning frameworks for quickly setting up deep learning environments.
AWS RoboMaker: A service for developing, testing, and deploying robotics applications.
Amazon Textract: A service for extracting text and structured data from scanned documents.
Amazon Personalize: A machine learning service for building personalized recommendations.
Amazon Fraud Detector: A service for identifying potentially fraudulent activities in your applications.
AWS Inferentia: An AWS-designed machine learning inference chip for high-performance, low-cost inference workloads.
AWS Gluon: An open-source deep learning interface for building machine learning models.

Azure Machine Learning: A cloud-based service for building, training, and deploying machine learning models. It supports a wide range of machine learning frameworks and tools.
Azure Cognitive Services: A collection of AI services for various tasks, including computer vision, speech recognition, language understanding, and more. Some of these services include:
Azure Language Understanding (LUIS): Enables natural language understanding for chatbots and applications.
Azure Bot Service: A service for creating intelligent, enterprise-grade chatbots that can be integrated into various channels and applications.
Azure Databricks: An Apache Spark-based analytics platform that can be used for big data and machine learning workloads.
Azure Speech Studio: A service for building and deploying conversational AI solutions.
Azure Text Analytics: Provides sentiment analysis, key phrase extraction, and language detection.
Azure Video Analyzer for Media: Analyzes video content to extract insights and metadata.
Azure Form Recognizer: Extracts data from forms and documents using machine learning.
Azure Metrics Advisor: Detects anomalies in time series data and provides root cause analysis.
Azure Applied AI Services: Offers a suite of industry-specific AI solutions, such as Azure AI for Healthcare, Azure AI for Retail, and more.

Google Cloud AI Platform: A platform that allows users to build, train, and deploy machine learning models. It includes AutoML, which simplifies model development, and AI Platform Notebooks for collaborative model development.

Google Cloud Vision AI: Provides image analysis capabilities, including object recognition, content moderation, and OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
Google Cloud Video AI: Allows you to analyze video content for object detection, text recognition, and other insights.
Google Cloud Natural Language: Offers NLP (Natural Language Processing) capabilities, including sentiment analysis, entity recognition, and content classification.
Google Cloud Speech-to-Text: Converts spoken language into written text, supporting multiple languages.
Google Cloud Text-to-Speech: Converts text into lifelike speech, with a range of natural voices.
Google Cloud Translation: Provides machine translation services for translating text between languages.
Google Cloud Dialogflow: A development suite for building conversational applications, including chatbots and voice-powered apps.
Google Cloud AutoML: A suite of machine learning products that enables users to build custom machine learning models with minimal expertise in machine learning.
Google Cloud AI Building Blocks: Includes individual services like Document AI, Contact Center AI, and Recommendations AI, which provide specialized AI capabilities for specific use cases.
Google Cloud Vertex AI: A unified AI platform for ML model development, deployment, and management.
Google Cloud Healthcare AI: Offers a set of tools and solutions for healthcare and life sciences, including de-identification of patient data and medical image analysis.
Google Cloud Video Intelligence: Analyzes video content to extract insights and metadata.
Google Cloud Recommendations AI: Provides recommendations for content personalization.
Google Cloud Document AI: Helps in document processing, text extraction, and structured data extraction.
Google Cloud Speech Intelligence: An enterprise-grade automatic speech recognition (ASR) system.

you have failed in selling your tyranny.

it's not equally in the hands of all.

that's assinine to even say.

What tyranny am I selling? Wait, are you defining software as a form of tyranny?

I see you are not reading well today. I wrote that AI is in the hands of many and is available to all.

It certainly would have been asinine if that were what I wrote.

the obvious tyranny of ai.

did you read the article i posted?

the pentagon and corporations will clearly have more access to the power of ai.

quit acting stupid.

So we've come full circle and I need to ask you "of what tyranny do you speak?" (at least now you've changed it up slightly from "totalitarianism" to "tyranny").

I did. It's a bunch of crap. No offense intended. I only read it because you posted it, but I normally ignore paranoid, raving lunatics.

Nope. All people have access, just like all people have access to pool cleaning services. AI applications provide services that deliver information and convenience, and I showed you how you can access those services within minutes from each of three different competitors, and many more exist commercially to serve the burgeoning market.

No government and no corporation somehow has more access than you do. A government or a corporation might very well have more money, and be able to purchase more compute cycles, but their access is equivalent to yours. And we are no longer in any sort of development phase in which we must speak of AI in the future tense; it is here now, all around us, and it hasn't dominated humanity into submission any more than my living room furniture has.

quit acting stupid.
Very astute of you. If I'm being stupid, it's an act.

no.

my definition of fascism is "the union of government and corporate power" .

try again, fucktard.

Not the definition of fascism, dude. Fascism is government manipulation of markets. It is government TAKING OVER corporations (and other businesses) by dictating what they can sell, who they can sell it to, what they can charge for it, who they can hire, who they can fire, etc.

There is no 'union' here. Fascism is the enemy of corporations and other businesses.

Not the definition of fascism, dude. Fascism is government manipulation of markets. It is government TAKING OVER corporations (and other businesses) by dictating what they can sell, who they can sell it to, what they can charge for it, who they can hire, who they can fire, etc.

There is no 'union' here. Fascism is the enemy of corporations and other businesses.

Akshually, yeah, it is.

some uses are fine.

if you're willing to work with us on a sandbox for a.i. operations you would be a good person.

if not we can just destroy all the computers for being tyrannical.

A.I. should not be turned loose on all human data in general.

it's too much power in the hands of a few.

i know you internationalist fascists love elitism tho, so you probably love that too.

So now you want to destroy computers, Luddite. The last thing IBDaMann is is a fascist. You obviously don't even know what the word means. It is NOT the 'union of corporate and government power'.

I'm willing.

As for me I prefer AWS (Amazon Web Services, the Amazon Cloud). They offer a lot of very useful services and are well developed and maintained. You can typically drive them from any operating system using simple JSON interfaces.

Amazon is often used to provide closed captioning services in video. In some cases, the translation on the fly services are used to translate closed captioning to other languages. That way you no only provide for captioning services for people that cannot hear or simply want to keep the sound turned off, you can translate it into your choice of languages.

Google Cloud is pretty good at this sort of thing too.

ALL of these services use AI.

quit acting stupid.

EVERYONE has access to AI. Every programmer that is good enough to code his way out of a wet paper bag has access to AI.

Yes. This is what it is. Another way to say it is Public/Private partnership.

Nope. Fascism is not 'public/private partnership'. Fascism is the enemy of corporations and businesses. It is government manipulation of markets. Socialism is NOT a 'partnership'. It is THEFT.

You should read Karl Marx, who pushes the concept of fascism. That is not what it means. Fascism is a form of socialism. It is the enemy of corporations and other businesses.

Nothing you said contradicts what I said. I guarantee I've read more on this subject than you have and I understood it.

Nope. Fascism is not 'public/private partnership'. Fascism is the enemy of corporations and businesses. It is government manipulation of markets. Socialism is NOT a 'partnership'. It is THEFT.

Akshually it is exactly that.

Your panties are in a wad because a politician you like used that term and you really don't want to believe he's a fascist. Don't worry, he's not...he doesn't know what that means any more than you do.

Back