Castro Resigns!!!

WRL

Well...the right is right
Fox News just broke with the news that Castro will resign as the Communist leader of Cuba!!!

Well, time to celebrate !!!:clink:!!!

[SIZE=-1]Nah, nah, nah nah---hey, hey, hey---GOODBYE. [/SIZE] :321:

castro_2.jpg

Wow! Wonder what will happen to Cuba. This is going to be really interesting to keep track of over the next few months, especially.

The world is changing.

How cool that when president O takes office this guy will be gone.

President Obama was not alive when this guy started his reign.

We are turning a great leaf over and the world is headed for much better things.

The south florida "exile community" will soon have egg on there face. They all claimed to be returning once Fidel left power, but give up the comfortable lifestyle they have established in Miami?

They will have to admit they have become "Americans" in more than just name.

Ohh, and what about the invasion they insisted upon, the min fidel left?

The south florida "exile community" will soon have egg on there face. They all claimed to be returning once Fidel left power, but give up the comfortable lifestyle they have established in Miami?

They will have to admit they have become "Americans" in more than just name.

Ohh, and what about the invasion they insisted upon, the min fidel left?

Have you talked to any of those people yet? Considering this news of Castro broke within the last 24 hours you expect people to put their homes on the market, sell it and buy a new home in Cuba pretty quickly.

A mere 49 years after the American campaign to get rid of the old goat began, the policy finally pays dividends.

Well done there.

Have you talked to any of those people yet? Considering this news of Castro broke within the last 24 hours you expect people to put their homes on the market, sell it and buy a new home in Cuba pretty quickly.

I have not, but I feel sure it will not be a mass exidous. I am sure a few will try to go, if there are changes in Cuba, but most will settle in with simple excuses about being too old, or having children they do not want to uproot.

A mere 49 years after the American campaign to get rid of the old goat began, the policy finally pays dividends.

Well done there.
Thank you! Thank you! It was a long hard haul, but our total dedication to this hard-fought victory was the only thing that could really be attributed to its success. America's long term dedication to everything th....

What was I saying?

Achually I am also sure they are pissed he peacefully resigned instead of being forced to leave in a bloody fight.

I used to date a girl whose parents were Cuban born. They were very nice and reasonable people who considered themselved American and loved there adopted land.

But MAN her friends... they were another story. They would fight assimilation at every step. There kids would go to all Cuban schools. They did not consider themselves American, they would never date or allow there kids to date an American, they were CUBAN.

And they were all keeping there bags packed for the day Castro was no longer in power.

Id love to figure out a way to buy some waterfront property just outside of Havana. I know that the "exiles" believe they are going to return to reclaim the land taken from them, but I doubt it!

Jarod... you do realize that Fidel stepping down does not equate to the exiles being able to return. Especially if Raul simply continues as dictator.

Jarod... you do realize that Fidel stepping down does not equate to the exiles being able to return. Especially if Raul simply continues as dictator.

Yes, I do... but I dont believe they do. They have always maintained that the problem in Cuba ia 100% Fidel, and that with him gone the Cuban people would no longer tolerate the opression.

Dispite this, Fidel is very popular in Cuba.

Fuck the exiles.

Cuba belongs to CUBANS, not Cuban-Americans.

Castro is the living example of the failure of American diplomacy.

Back