Censorship

Censorship on individual threads

I gather that those who start threads can prevent named persons from contributing (or at least I must so suppose, since I seem to be banned from contributing without having apparently troubled anyone). This seems an odd plan, and should surely be explained when we join, if that is the way it works. What is the point?

yeah I tried to talk them out of it but they have some really insane posters here who hate everyone but want to talk.

Its just more of the pathology of the right wing in this country.

If you notice its them doing the majority of the banning.

when they first implemented it I banned ONE person from my one created thread of protest.

That person was myself.

I gather that those who start threads can prevent named persons from contributing (or at least I must so suppose, since I seem to be banned from contributing without having apparently troubled anyone). This seems an odd plan, and should surely be explained when we join, if that is the way it works. What is the point?

It's a sinister ploy. The idea is to get you to start another thread on the same topic, either agreeing with or refuting the one you're locked out of. It's a back-door way of increasing the number of posts.* You just have to hope they don't merge the threads. ;)

*Being facetious, for the humor-impaired.

people want to talk but they don't want to listen. funny that

I started using the threadban feature with the greatest reluctance, because it does lead to the forum being populated with a lot of same-subject threads by peopl who want to "reply" but can't because they were threadbanned.

I am sorry, Desh, but before I threadbanned you, you crapflooded a lot of my threads with repetitive, irrelevant stuff.

If you promise to stop going off topic I will stop threadbanning you.

Deal?

I talk to people

I never ban anyone

Hell I have never even groaned or neg repped anyone in the entire internets except by accident( I had it removed by the mods).

You are the one who tries to control who can speak and when

It's so the Welsh don't steal them. :)

The individual thread ban feature is exactly that, individual, so it is up to the originator who they ban and why. You are reading too much into it.

yeah I tried to talk them out of it but they have some really insane posters here who hate everyone but want to talk.

Its just more of the pathology of the right wing in this country.

If you notice its them doing the majority of the banning.

when they first implemented it I banned ONE person from my one created thread of protest.

That person was myself.

threadbanning came about because many left wingers on here wanted a way to block ILA and others from their threads. We responded to the community, and after having a test period we even took a site wide vote and more than 60% of all users wanted to keep it. democracy.

threadbanning came about because many left wingers on here wanted a way to block ILA and others from their threads. We responded to the community, and after having a test period we even took a site wide vote and more than 60% of all users wanted to keep it. democracy.

So liberals now want to cry about a feature they wanted and voted for?

It's the same thing as having a door to my house. It keeps out people I don't want to associate with to begin with. Or a shotgun. That keeps people out too.

Back