Censorship

I gather that those who start threads can prevent named persons from contributing (or at least I must so suppose, since I seem to be banned from contributing without having apparently troubled anyone). This seems an odd plan, and should surely be explained when we join, if that is the way it works. What is the point?

I don't start that many threads, there seems enough for me to respond to. I've yet to ban anyone from the few I do start, if I didn't want responses that differ from mine, why would I bother?

I don't start that many threads, there seems enough for me to respond to. I've yet to ban anyone from the few I do start, if I didn't want responses that differ from mine, why would I bother?
agreed. I always thought it was a silly idea to ban people froma particular thread.

threadbanning came about because many left wingers on here wanted a way to block ILA and others from their threads. We responded to the community, and after having a test period we even took a site wide vote and more than 60% of all users wanted to keep it. democracy.
that at least explains it. TY

I was right from the start against the thread banning. please don't pretend I was ever for it

Who's pretending you were for it?

It keeps you from crapflooding every thread with your repetitive off-topic themes.

If everyone else threadbanned you, you'd only have your fellow libs to talk to.

No I said your boring and people don't take part in your threads very often.

You will start like ten a day that no one responds to

agreed. I always thought it was a silly idea to ban people froma particular thread.

I thread banned a few people for kicks when it was a new idea but that only lasted a couple of days. Now I just have a few on IA and don't care if they post in my threads since I won't be reading them anyway.

I thread banned a few people for kicks when it was a new idea but that only lasted a couple of days. Now I just have a few on IA and don't care if they post in my threads since I won't be reading them anyway.

Doesn't work for me.

I didn't want to threadban, but crapflooding by Desh and the Dude got out of hand.

I voted against the feature. That said, there are certain posters on this site who would have a difficult time starting threads because they are the targets of really obnoxious trolls and flamers who would derail and pervert each one.

It's so the Welsh don't steal them. :)

Well. nobody minds red-neck nutters talking to themselves over the rot-gut, but in what sense is that a discussion? It sounds like something Senator McCarthy set up to save the purity of the Extremist mind (such as it is), doesn't it?

Back