Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker bashes Pride Month, tells women to stay in the kitchen

Butker better get his foot back into the ball and hit that 60 yarder, and keep it out of his mouth!

And that is my best advice!
I'm not interested enough to look up the Chief's schedule for next season, but if they play many games on either coast,
this guy is in for some interesting receptions.

Pretending to speak for everybody as a way of concealing your shame for your stupid position. Smooth.
No! Just common sense and listening to the other members of my family, and my friends as well.

I know why I don't attend anymore, and I hear the same thing from just about everybody these days.

There is too much politics in church now, and you can see how people are not comfortable with it.

Politics and religion do not mix.

I learned that from a Baptist Preacher. A man I admired dearly. He always knew exactly what to say.

No! Just common sense and listening to the other members of my family, and my friends as well.
Full stop. You are asking me to believe that you somehow listen to someone. What are the chances that I'm going to fall for that one?

I know why I don't attend anymore,
... as do I.

... and I hear the same thing from just about everybody these days.
That's a pretty crazy delusion, i.e. everyone is saying the same thing ...

There is too much politics in church now, and you can see how people are not comfortable with it.
At least this time you acknowledged that only some people are not comfortable instead of pretending to speak for everyone.

Nonetheless, you still only get to speak for yourself.

Politics and religion do not mix.
To the contrary, they both naturally tend towards mixing, and it takes great effort to prevent that from happening.

Have you noticed that all Christians and Jews are required to support Israel's genocide whereas all non-Christians are required to support the Palenstinian cause?

You'll never convince me that Butker didn't;t ruin his speech by expressing Misogynistic and anti-gay views- as those views are never welcome or acceptable in a commencement speech!

Women and Gay people are a part of our society, and they have equal rights under the Constitution, regardless to whatever Butker thinks of them.
I can hardly wait to hear the denials that he said anything antisemitic, anti-women, or anti-LGBTQ. Just like these faux Xtians like Toxic do with their Bibles, they pick and choose which parts of the footbal wonk's speech to pay attention to.

In his commencement address, Butker said, “Congress just passed a bill where stating something as basic as the biblical teaching of who killed Jesus could land you in jail.” (For those of you not familiar with age-old antisemitic tropes, the “who” in this sentence is almost certainly the “Jews.”)

More specifically, Butker is referring to the Antisemitism Awareness Act, which was passed this month in the House, but not the Senate, and isn’t law. Contrary to Butker’s description, the bill does not include criminal sanctions and only applies to educational institutions that receive federal funding. In a nutshell, the bill provides guidance to the Department of Education in determining whether certain speech on college campuses is antisemitic.

But what is most bizarre and disturbing about Butker’s comment is the idea that he believes needs to be defended from Congress: namely, the right of Catholics to suggest that the Jews killed Jesus.

Kansas City kicker is revered and ridiculed but most missed the antisemitic lies​

Everyone seems to be livid or delighted with Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker. I have some concerns, too! But not for the reasons you might think. My problem is that the young Catholic passed along antisemitic tropes and lies that could fuel more Jew hatred at a very sensitive time.

I would imagine he would tune out an ovation, or a boo... if someone was so outraged they carry a grudge into the fall...lol
He's obviously strong enough in his beliefs that he wouldn't be bothered by noise...He's spoken out before...The more I learn about him, the better I like him..
And I am no KC fan... https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...uper-bowl-winning-kick-and-his-prayer-routine
Of course lunch lady, he is a purveyor of antisemitism and misogyny, right up your alley

Latin Mass Cause for Concern
That is why the decision by the Vatican to restore a wider use of the Latin Mass with the inclusion of the prayer for the conversion of the Jews in the name of taking them out of the darkness is so disturbing.

Adherents of radical traditional Catholicism, or “integrism,” routinely pillory Jews as “the perpetual enemy of Christ” and worse, reject the ecumenical efforts of the Vatican, and sometimes even assert that recent popes have all been illegitimate. These groups are incensed by the liberalizing reforms of the 1962-65 Second Vatican Council, which condemned hatred for the Jews and rejected the accusation that Jews are collectively responsible for deicide in the form of the crucifixion of Christ.

Radical traditionalists are not the same as Catholics who call themselves “traditionalists” — people who prefer the old Latin Mass to the mass now typically said in vernacular languages — although the radicals, as well, like their liturgy in Latin. They also embrace extremely conservative social ideals with respect to women.

Watching the President speak in the Bronx...
... slurping your evening 40 proof "supper," doomscrolling through Fox and Newsmax for the latest talking points, wishing you weren't surrounded by normal Americans not afraid of life....

xYAxbrz.gif
xYAxbrz.gif
xYAxbrz.gif

Back