Christianity on JPP, and nationally

Good point.
Still, people who are accustomed to telling hundreds of white lies on the internet are suspect in motivation and character, imo.
Agreed.

I play Star Trek Fleet Command. There's an ROE agreement between the alliances for attacking other players. On particular player blew off the rules. His excuse? "It's just a game". I pointed out it's game with rules and he was cheating. He denied cheating. I asked if he also cheated at work. He denied that too. I pointed out that if a person is willing to cheat in a game, then why not cheat at work such as stealing office supplies, lying about coworkers, etc. He claimed "that's different" and I responded, no it isn't. As you just pointed out, Cypress, it's a matter of motivation and character. He left me alone after that.

So... no Scripture verses where Jesus says it's okay to call others vile names, threaten them with bodily injury up to and including death, bear false witness, worship other gods like Trump, etc? I thought not.

Notice how I have never denied that "Jesus is God." I merely denied that He is the god of the OT. He is said to be the Son of that God. His NT teachings often directly contradict much of what the OT god said, and at least for Protestants are taken as how to conduct oneself as a Christian.

I realize that as a Catholic you were never encouraged to read or study or memorize the Bible, so you are ignorant of that Book (except for the parts you choose to adopt to condone your heinous Internet behavior).

So where ARE those Bible verses quoting Christ that say it's okay to call others vile names, threaten them with bodily injury up to and including death, bear false witness, worship other gods like Trump, etc. Surely as someone who purports to be a devout follower of Christ, you can produce them, right?

your dust has been wiped from my feet......

That's because Pmp's bible isn't the Holy Bible most Christians use. At least according to his posts, comments and reactions to others.

He claims to be Catholic. Catholics don't teach or much read the Bible. They don't have kids memorize important verses, and don't study the words of Christ. It's up to the priest to do that during his weekly homily. My kids went to PSR, which is a once-a-week religious teaching couple of hours, in lieu of attending Catholic school daily. It was nothing like the Protestant Sunday school that I attended. They learned about Catholic Church history, the various parts of the service, the various prayers/chants, saints, etc. We learned about Jesus and His teachings.

It's not surprising that despite his claims of following the teachings of Jesus, PIMP can't produce a single verse where we're told to behave egregiously like HE does. Imagine that. He also claims to be an attorney. What's that trial lawyer saying about if you catch a witness in one lie, the rest of his testimony should be disregarded? :rofl2:

He claims to be Catholic. Catholics don't teach or much read the Bible. They don't have kids memorize important verses, and don't study the words of Christ. It's up to the priest to do that during his weekly homily. My kids went to PSR, which is a once-a-week religious teaching couple of hours, in lieu of attending Catholic school daily. It was nothing like the Protestant Sunday school that I attended. They learned about Catholic Church history, the various parts of the service, the various prayers/chants, saints, etc. We learned about Jesus and His teachings.

It's not surprising that despite his claims of following the teachings of Jesus, PIMP can't produce a single verse where we're told to behave egregiously like HE does. Imagine that. He also claims to be an attorney. What's that trial lawyer saying about if you catch a witness in one lie, the rest of his testimony should be disregarded? :rofl2:

While he may have been raised a Catholic, he's clearly not a Christian now.

Agreed.

I play Star Trek Fleet Command. There's an ROE agreement between the alliances for attacking other players. On particular player blew off the rules. His excuse? "It's just a game". I pointed out it's game with rules and he was cheating. He denied cheating. I asked if he also cheated at work. He denied that too. I pointed out that if a person is willing to cheat in a game, then why not cheat at work such as stealing office supplies, lying about coworkers, etc. He claimed "that's different" and I responded, no it isn't. As you just pointed out, Cypress, it's a matter of motivation and character. He left me alone after that.

Anyone who cheats in games and laughs it off automatically makes my list of suspect characters.

Not that anyone can see from his posts, that's for sure.

A person who is a Christian only on Sunday mornings is not a Christian. Being a Christian requires one to be so 24/7. Mistakes are human, but Christians repent. Has Pmp ever repented for anything he's posted on JPP? I've never seen it.

Redemption requires sincere repentance, not just mouthing the words and then continuing as before.

Anyone who cheats in games and laughs it off automatically makes my list of suspect characters.

Agreed. It means their moral compass is flawed.

When people support an immoral politician as a means to a political end, it also indicates a flawed sense of morality.

Good point.
Still, people who are accustomed to telling hundreds of white lies on the internet are suspect in motivation and character, imo.

IMO a lot of ppl embellish or outright lie on the Internet about themselves in order to be liked, to have cred, to be admired and/or envied. They generally lack self-awareness. They seem unable to understand that most of us prefer to admire and like genuine, honest people and not liars and fakes. One of them wailed in an email to a former friend: "I don't know why they don't like me. Why do they want me gone?" Sad.

Agreed. It means their moral compass is flawed.

When people support an immoral politician as a means to a political end, it also indicates a flawed sense of morality.

Yes, continuing to openly support and defend the immoral sleazebag Trump for seven years, is an indication of a person's character and principles.

IMO a lot of ppl embellish or outright lie on the Internet about themselves in order to be liked, to have cred, to be admired and/or envied. They generally lack self-awareness. They seem unable to understand that most of us prefer to admire and like genuine, honest people and not liars and fakes. One of them wailed in an email to a former friend: "I don't know why they don't like me. Why do they want me gone?" Sad.
Low self esteem.

Not sure how hundreds of white lies really improves anyone's standing on anonymous message boards.

I don't live the life of an exotic jet setter, I rarely see any need to write about my career or education. Look at Jade, he seems to live a simple quite life, and doesn't seemingly have a need to exaggerate or embellish. That is respect-worthy.

Catholics don't teach or much read the Bible.
They don't have kids memorize important verses,
and don't study the words of Christ.

You have a very good knowledge of Catholic practices, Owl.

You forgot about some of the important stuff like Bingo however.

A couple of very good friends of mine were in a band back in the day.
A local parish priest gave them the key to his church basement function hall
so it could serve as their band practice studio whenever it was available, which was most of the time.

The "rent" was that they would play the parish's two annual dinner dances.

Meanwhile, most of the Protestant congregations in town
didn't even have liquor licenses!!!:rofl2:

Great points and agreed. An example is the MAGAts seeing Trump get away with denying responsibility and lying about his opponents then follow his example by doing the same on JPP.

#TRE45ON is a great example of a complete fraud, a phony, liar, and wearer of a false facade. The MAGATs believe that his TV game show host persona on Apprentice is real. A gold toilet means he's as fabulously wealthy as he claims -- yet he can't post an appeal bond or get underwriters to do it for him.

A person who is a Christian only on Sunday mornings is not a Christian. Being a Christian requires one to be so 24/7. Mistakes are human, but Christians repent. Has Pmp ever repented for anything he's posted on JPP? I've never seen it.

Redemption requires sincere repentance, not just mouthing the words and then continuing as before.

No, he has not repented. In fact, he tried to use Jesus as a justification for his vulgarity, sowing of hatred, name-calling, and lying.

Yes, continuing to openly support and defend the immoral sleazebag Trump for seven years, is an indication of a person's character and principles.

Agreed...and now to piss off the Democrats...the same applies to all politicians who are lying draft-dodging adulterers and sexual predators. When the women who came forward accusing Bill Clinton of sexual assault were thrown under the bus for political reasons, I saw that as immoral. It both wronged the women and it put the nation on a path of supporting immoral politicians.

We, the People, should hold our leaders to a higher standard. People make mistakes. Honest people apologize and do the right thing. I've been watching the CNN series "United States of Scandal" which is an interesting examination of both how power corrupts and how people can fool themselves into covering up their mistakes....an act that only digs a deeper hole.

We, the People, should hold our leaders to a higher standard.

It's We the Peoples, plural, Oom.

Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not,
there is no united "We the People" anymore, assuming there ever was.

Denying the polarization of America is at least one mistake that I never make.
My wish is to go forward on the premise that it's permanent,
because realistically, I see not even a hint that it isn't.

Agreed...and now to piss off the Democrats...the same applies to all politicians who are lying draft-dodging adulterers and sexual predators. When the women who came forward accusing Bill Clinton of sexual assault were thrown under the bus for political reasons, I saw that as immoral. It both wronged the women and it put the nation on a path of supporting immoral politicians.

We, the People, should hold our leaders to a higher standard. People make mistakes. Honest people apologize and do the right thing. I've been watching the CNN series "United States of Scandal" which is an interesting examination of both how power corrupts and how people can fool themselves into covering up their mistakes....an act that only digs a deeper hole.

Bill Clinton was a cad, but Bill Clinton was never found legally liable for sexual assault, like Trump was. I think any woman who had the evidence and legal standing to sue Bill Clinton for sexual assault and harassment should do so.

Back