Christianity on JPP, and nationally

I strongly doubt the Church of Satan has Eucharist wine...but agree he was either on something or suffering some mental calamity.

Pmp is no more of a Christian than any other MAGAt spreading hate, lies and racism.

He's a Christian like I'm the Pope's wife. :laugh:

Agreed. One thing I've noticed over the past few years is that the louder a MAGAt screams they are a Christian, the less likely they are one.

Indeed. It has a corollary in those who loudly proclaim how patriotic they are, what "better people" they are, how happy they are, how rich/popular/generous/attractive/beloved/smart/educated/etc. they are -- and how shitty everyone else is. The more they shriek about their alleged virtues, the more we know that they actually do not possess any of them.

The more they shriek about their alleged virtues, the more we know that they actually do not possess any of them.

I'm not sure that this universally applies.

As a person who admits to a multitude of character flaws,
and I obviously do actually have them,
the few positive traits that I do claim for myself are attributes that I believe that I actually have.

We don't see ourselves as others see us, of course,
but whether I'm right of wrong,
I at least THINK I'm right about the qualities I claim to have.

Then again, that's probably the case with everybody and thus meaningless.
Never mind.

I'm not sure that this universally applies.

As a person who admits to a multitude of character flaws,
and I obviously do actually have them,
the few positive traits that I do claim for myself are attributes that I believe that I actually have.

We don't see ourselves as others see us, of course,
but whether I'm right of wrong,
I at least THINK I'm right about the qualities I claim to have.

Then again, that's probably the case with everybody and thus meaningless.
Never mind.

You are one of the rare trustworthy Internet denizens. You are honest, and even more -- you don't give a shit what others think about you. lol

Indeed. It has a corollary in those who loudly proclaim how patriotic they are, what "better people" they are, how happy they are, how rich/popular/generous/attractive/beloved/smart/educated/etc. they are -- and how shitty everyone else is. The more they shriek about their alleged virtues, the more we know that they actually do not possess any of them.

Agreed. It's one thing to mention one's skills or education as part of a conversation but to constantly brag about one's skills, affiliations or credentials indicates they are not being completely honest.

Agreed. It's one thing to mention one's skills or education as part of a conversation but to constantly brag about one's skills, affiliations or credentials indicates they are not being completely honest.

This board has seen some dubious claims of fabulous wealth, multiple vacation homes, fantasy military service, and glorious geochem PhDs

This board has seen some dubious claims of fabulous wealth, multiple vacation homes, fantasy military service, and glorious geochem PhDs

It's the Internet, C.

Everything or nothing can be true, and there's usually no reason to care either way.
It's the fucking internet.

Exactly. LOL It's part of the fun to parse out who is lying and who actually has an interesting past.

FWIW, a lot of those making dubious claims strike me as being half a bubble off plumb.

It's the Internet, C.

Everything or nothing can be true, and there's usually no reason to care either way.

That's a clue about your personality, neef. While it's natural for many people to fluff up their resume a bit, it's not natural for people to outright lie about their accomplishments in life, constantly attack others or otherwise engage in socially unacceptable behavior.

As discussed with Cypress previously, we both grew up in and lived in an environment of professionals. Liars, braggarts, violent people, addicts, etc were things we saw on the news, not commonly among our friends, family and work acquaintances. Some people on the Internet did, or do, commonly experience such things and, for me, become a curiosity.

That's a clue about your personality, neef. While it's natural for many people to fluff up their resume a bit, it's not natural for people to outright lie about their accomplishments in life, constantly attack others or otherwise engage in socially unacceptable behavior.

As discussed with Cypress previously, we both grew up in and lived in an environment of professionals. Liars, braggarts, violent people, addicts, etc were things we saw on the news, not commonly among our friends, family and work acquaintances. Some people on the Internet did, or do, commonly experience such things and, for me, become a curiosity.

My contempt for most digital technology should temper or inform your insight into all of my opinions pertaining to it, Oom,
and I'm sure that it does.

I complain less about what modern tech has added, and much more about what it's replaced or taken away.
It's simply not my nature to forgive transgressions that cause me loss.

As a rare pedigreed American national, my Sicilian ethnic nature has not been softened or tempered by diverse genes.
I may just as well been on the ship with Vito Corleone if he weren't a fictional character.

That's why so many people on JPP mistake me, understandably, for a fictional character.
I'm not what they've normally experienced either.

My contempt for most digital technology should temper or inform your insight into all of my opinions pertaining to it, Oom,
and I'm sure that it does.

I complain less about what modern tech has added, and much more about what it's replaced or taken away.
It's simply not my nature to forgive transgressions that cause me loss.

As a rare pedigreed American national, my Sicilian ethnic nature has not been softened or tempered by diverse genes.
I may just as well been on the ship with Vito Corleone if he weren't a fictional character.

That's why so many people on JPP mistake me, understandably, for a fictional character.
I'm not what they've normally experienced either.
Non sequitur, neef. You use the same tech you disdain. That's like TOP bitching about drunks and the liquor companies as she's swigging her morning OJ and vodka.

What's been taken away? Grooming horses and tending the fields?

Coming from a branchless family tree of criminals is not something to be proud of, neef.

You project a lot.

Non sequitur, neef. You use the same tech you disdain. That's like TOP bitching about drunks and the liquor companies as she's swigging her morning OJ and vodka.

What's been taken away? Grooming horses and tending the fields?

Coming from a branchless family tree of criminals is not something to be proud of, neef.

You project a lot.

Using what one disdains means less than nothing to this discussion.
That's Aristotelian logic, not your favorite life tool.

I was clear about taking offense to what's been lost, not what's been added.
What's been lost is a huge percentage of life that I enjoyed,
and as we never enjoyed many of the same things, there's no need to make a laundry list for you.

Your lack of any ethnic identity is why you must cling to your national identity at the psychotic "true believer" level.
I don't hold that against you. It's all that you have.
I'm honestly happy you have that, although I'm not always impressed with how you use it.
That's nothing about which you need worry, of course.

Whether or not it means anything to you,
I feel that I have much, much more in terms of genetic advantage.

While I may be aggrieved at/with the new world in which I've been thrust in my dotage,
and you know that I am,
I needn't be the least bit aggrieved at/with myself.
I've done stuff of which I'm pretty fucking proud,
even though it wasn't nearly enough to change things.

It's the Internet, C.

I think deception and lying is wrong, whether the words come from one's mouth, or their keyboard.

Unless you're lying to Neonazis about where they can find Jews, or lying to a violent wife abuser about where he can track down his ex-wife.

I think deception and lying is wrong, whether the words come from one's mouth, or their keyboard.

Unless you're lying to Neonazis about where they can find Jews, or lying to a violent wife abuser about where he can track down his ex-wife.

There's validity to that.
At the same time, the truth simply isn't always somebody else's business.
If they absolutely demand or strongly encourage input, then flawed input could be what they deserve.

There's validity to that.
At the same time, the truth simply isn't always somebody else's business.
If they absolutely demand or strongly encourage input, then flawed input could be what they deserve.

I don't see how society functions if truth and trust are considered to be totally optional and morally ambiguous.

I don't see how business transactions, contracts, promises, guarantees, pledges function in that environment.

Last edited:
Exactly. LOL It's part of the fun to parse out who is lying and who actually has an interesting past.

FWIW, a lot of those making dubious claims strike me as being half a bubble off plumb.
Boring people may feel a need to incessantly lie, I don't know what the data is on that.

The armchair psychologist in me also thinks that someone who is telling hundreds of white lies on the internet has gotten so accustomed to lying they are probably telling bigger lies to their friends, relatives, and spouse in RL.

...Your lack of any ethnic identity is why you must cling to your national identity at the psychotic "true believer" level.
I don't hold that against you. It's all that you have.
I'm honestly happy you have that, although I'm not always impressed with how you use it.
That's nothing about which you need worry, of course....

An interesting topic since it's my firm belief that most Boomer Americans, and subsequent generations, spend their first 30 years in a search for identity. "Finding themselves". Previous generations had rituals or social means of imprinting an identity such as the Indian caste system or simply labeling people as a peasant, slave, royalty or Sicilian criminal scumbag. MS-13 does the same thing with their criminal scumbags. LOL

Regardless of scumbags around the world, I'm still studying the subject. Many cultures have a ritual for when a child becomes an adult. A Rite of Passage. American culture lacks such a ritual. There are little rituals such as obtaining a driver's license or graduating college, but nothing formal as a culture to signify the transition from childhood to adulthood.

Back