Christianity on JPP, and nationally

:laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

And there's that good old RB victim mentality we've all come to know and laugh at. Can you tell us exactly in what ways are Christians "persecuted" in the U.S.?

I'm pretty sure that not being allowed to teach your religion in public schools or display it on public secular property is nothing like being crucified, fed to lions, burnt at the stake, or any of those *real* persecutions of early Christianity.

I rest my case.

Christianity in America is the most well protected faith tradition in world history, especially if you consider the freedom to have the pluralistic practice of all varieties of Christian denominations here

As to his other point, the research I ran across states that Jews and Sikhs are more charitable than Christians. But I'm a data guy, and I can't deny that research shows Christians do tend to be more charitable than the irreligious population. I guess they should be, if their faith tradition is based on a categorical moral imperative of charity, mercy, and love for humanity.
RB is wrong. He's pulling ideas out of his ass without data or evidence. People make the religion, religion doesn't make the people. All the religions mentioned push similar ideas of not harming others, respect one another and be charitable. It's up to the individual to live up to those standards.

Notice that, despite the large number of MAGAts who claim to be Christian, not a single one of them acts like a Christian nor strives to walk in the footsteps of Jesus.

And there's that good old RB victim mentality we've all come to know and laugh at. Can you tell us exactly in what ways are Christians "persecuted" in the U.S.?

I'm pretty sure that not being allowed to teach your religion in public schools or display it on public secular property is nothing like being crucified, fed to lions, burnt at the stake, or any of those *real* persecutions of early Christianity.
I rest my case.
I rest my case. :thup:

:laugh: :rofl2: :laugh:

I have to laugh at RB. Just another case of spoiled-rotten persecution mentality. Christians like me are spoiled in this country. If you think otherwise you are so spoiled that any slight seems like persecution. I'm sure his gripes equate with the slaying of protesents in his dreams.

I have to laugh at RB. Just another case of spoiled-rotten persecution mentality. Christians like me are spoiled in this country. If you think otherwise you are so spoiled that any slight seems like persecution. I'm sure his gripes equate with the slaying of protesents in his dreams.
I sure riled up the pussy posse!!

I'd laugh at you, but it's not proper to laugh at the mentally challenged.

73aO.gif

I'm occasionally improper! So?

How did they determine these numbers? The Xtian ones are probably the easiest -- they are counting tithing and/or donations to the person's church as charity. I suppose that is data collected by the govt. Do Jews tithe? Not to blow my own horn, but we frequently donate to non-political fundraisers, charities, causes. Never once have I ever been asked to identify my religious beliefs. How was this data compiled then? The IRS also doesn't ask for religious status for those who itemized and claim charitable contributions.

RB trumpeting about who's charitable goes against Matthew 6:2, 6:3, and 6:4. Just so you know where his head is at.

IMO, he's simply using Christianity as a ruse to mask his desire for victimhood. If it's not Christian then it's being "white". If not white, then it's being male or Republican or something else. Anything as an excuse to claim victimhood.

No doubt you've seen that's pretty common among Trumpers. Again, I blame Dr. Spock and a culture of coddling. Another reason we should have a mandatory draft to make men and women out of children instead of being stuck with a culture of over-50 man-children.

It's preposterous to claim christians are the most persecuted in the USA

I know. But RB, like most Trumpanzees, is a perpetual victim. He doesn't go to church or even ACT like a Christian, but he has a huge chip on his shoulder for any perceived criticism of its (alleged) adherents. If you so much as point out that most TV televangelists are charlatans, he'll accuse you of hating all Christians. Wait for it.

I also think a lot of Christian MAGAs are just trained like monkeys by FOX to believe they are massively persecuted, even when they don't see evidence of it in their real lives.

MAGAs aren't known to think independently or critically

Which explains their MAGATude, eh?

The only actual religious persecution I've ever seen -- or personally experienced -- in this country was committed by Christians. Which makes sense, as they have been the majority religion for as long as the nation has existed. Even some flavors of Christianity -- Quakers, Irish and other Catholics, Mormons -- all have been persecuted at times in our history, by other Xtians.

RB trumpeting about who's charitable goes against Matthew 6:2, 6:3, and 6:4. Just so you know where his head is at.

Indeed. I seriously doubt if he personally does much in the way of charity, unless he considers buying Trump junk and donating to his legal fund "charity." :laugh:

I'd still like to see the data that proves that Xtians are more charitable than non-Xtians. Donating to your church shouldn't count, since most of that just goes to keep the church and its pastor/priest going.

The only actual religious persecution I've ever seen -- or personally experienced -- in this country was committed by Christians. Which makes sense, as they have been the majority religion for as long as the nation has existed. Even some flavors of Christianity -- Quakers, Irish and other Catholics, Mormons -- all have been persecuted at times in our history, by other Xtians.

Our founders purported to separate church and state, but then mentioned a creator in the preamble.
As a result, In God We Trust eventually became the official national motto.

They get FAR more credit that they deserve.
I've said it many times.
A bunch of first year Harvard Law School students could write a better constitution.

The article said they conducted a survey or poll

Charitable giving to charities with religious ties were counted (Salvation Army, church soup kitchens, church food pantries, etc )

The researchers concluded that it was the social organization and social institutions that evolve around churches that fuel charitable giving. They hypothesize that if secular people had social organization at the same magnitude and frequency of churches, secular charitable giving would be just as high.

The Red Cross, MSF, various environment groups, etc. are secular charities that are well-funded. For that matter, so is the NRA. I'm distrustful of a self-reported poll thing like this.

You're one of JPP's prime examples of the OP and the failure to comport yourself as Jesus commanded.

no.....I have never started a thread expounding my religion to be better than yours.........I comport myself exactly as Jesus commanded......I tell you the truth and if you reject it I wipe your dust from my feet.....

Our founders purported to separate church and state, but then mentioned a creator in the preamble.
As a result, In God We Trust eventually became the official national motto.

They get FAR more credit that they deserve.
I've said it many times.
A bunch of first year Harvard Law School students could write a better constitution.

"In God We Trust" came about as a 1940s-50s reaction to the Cold War and fear of "godless Communism." I suppose they figured God wouldn't let us be smited (smitten?) by Russian nukes if we had that on our money, or something.

"In God We Trust" came about as a 1940s-50s reaction to the Cold War and fear of "godless Communism." I suppose they figured God wouldn't let us be smited (smitten?) by Russian nukes if we had that on our money, or something.

We sided with the communists against the fascists in WWII because the fascists DECLARED WAR ON US.
Otherwise, we seem to like the fascists more, don't we?
I don't.

no.....I have never started a thread expounding my religion to be better than yours.........I comport myself exactly as Jesus commanded......I tell you the truth and if you reject it I wipe your dust from my feet.....

How odd. I've read the Bible several times (Mom was a Sunday school teacher). I can't recall a single verse where Jesus told us to call each other cunts and other slurs. He did not tell us to hate an entire group of human beings because of our politics. He didn't tell us to threaten to kill others or wish death on them. These are all things you do on a daily basis, or as often as you post, anyways. Can you quote for us any of His teachings counseling us to behave like you do?

You're actually a great example of what a follower of Christ is NOT. We can all learn from your execrable example.

We sided with the communists against the fascists in WWII because the fascists DECLARED WAR ON US.
Otherwise, we seem to like the fascists more, don't we?
I don't.

Certainly a way-too-large segment of our population seems to prefer fascism. They plan to willingly vote for a treasonous criminal who tried to overthrow the govt. in order to stay on the throne.

How odd. I've read the Bible several times (Mom was a Sunday school teacher). I can't recall a single verse where Jesus told us to call each other cunts and other slurs. He did not tell us to hate an entire group of human beings because of our politics. He didn't tell us to threaten to kill others or wish death on them. These are all things you do on a daily basis, or as often as you post, anyways. Can you quote for us any of His teachings counseling us to behave like you do?

You're actually a great example of what a follower of Christ is NOT. We can all learn from your execrable example.

actually you should read the OT prophets........they called folks a lot worse than "cunt"......you should be more like me.......you should treat people as you would have them treat you.......which of course you have done, in spades.......I have never started trash talk with anyone here......but I respond in kind.....hypocrites have a hard time coping with that......

Back