Christianity on JPP, and nationally

Boring people may feel a need to incessantly lie, I don't know what the data is on that.

The armchair psychologist in me also thinks that someone who is telling hundreds of white lies on the internet has gotten so accustomed to lying they are probably telling bigger lies to their friends, relatives, and spouse in RL.

Agreed, but that's part of the puzzle for me. Why do they lie? Are they not comfortable in their own skins? Are they mental? Stupid? Are they a product more of nurture over nature or vice versa?

In most cases, my opinion is that it's more about nurture, but there's a few who are clearly a product of nature. LOL

that's YOUR domain......whatever you are stupid enough to say and your sycophants are stupid enough to believe.....

I've noticed that you still haven't managed to show me those Bible verses where Jesus told us to behave like you do, and call others vile names, threaten them with bodily injury up to and including death, bear false witness, worship other gods like Trump, etc. Why is that? Still trying to figure out which box your Bible from PSR when you were seven is in? :rofl2:

I've noticed that you still haven't managed to show me those Bible verses where Jesus told us to behave like you do, and call others vile names, threaten them with bodily injury up to and including death, bear false witness, worship other gods like Trump, etc. Why is that? Still trying to figure out which box your Bible from PSR when you were seven is in? :rofl2:

They don't really exist in any religion that I know of.

I notice that the only thing you could come up with when I did, was to deny that Jesus is God......carries as much weight as me denying you are a rational person.......except for the fact that everyone can see what you write so no one needs to take my word for it.....

as usual you are being a hypocrite......the example you quote is a perfect example......I did not call Cypress a mother fucking whore until he chose to walk that path......as for the rest you ignore the fact that Jesus IS the God of the OT.......you ignore that "wipe their dust from your feet" IS a quote from Jesus Christ......

MAGAt rule #1 A bold-faced lie is your best defense
MAGAt rule #2 Never take responsibility
MAGAt rule #3 Always blame the other guy

I notice that the only thing you could come up with when I did, was to deny that Jesus is God......carries as much weight as me denying you are a rational person.......except for the fact that everyone can see what you write so no one needs to take my word for it.....
You continue to prove you are not a Christian.

Yes, Pmp, everyone can see what others right.

You continue to prove you are not a Christian.

Yes, Pmp, everyone can see what others right.

He behaves more poorly than most people I know who say they are Christian. Say is the opportune word as anyone can claim to be a Christian. In fact, it's said that the Antichrist masquerades as one.

So... no Scripture verses where Jesus says it's okay to call others vile names, threaten them with bodily injury up to and including death, bear false witness, worship other gods like Trump, etc? I thought not.

Notice how I have never denied that "Jesus is God." I merely denied that He is the god of the OT. He is said to be the Son of that God. His NT teachings often directly contradict much of what the OT god said, and at least for Protestants are taken as how to conduct oneself as a Christian.

I realize that as a Catholic you were never encouraged to read or study or memorize the Bible, so you are ignorant of that Book (except for the parts you choose to adopt to condone your heinous Internet behavior).

So where ARE those Bible verses quoting Christ that say it's okay to call others vile names, threaten them with bodily injury up to and including death, bear false witness, worship other gods like Trump, etc. Surely as someone who purports to be a devout follower of Christ, you can produce them, right?

Boring people may feel a need to incessantly lie, I don't know what the data is on that.

The armchair psychologist in me also thinks that someone who is telling hundreds of white lies on the internet has gotten so accustomed to lying they are probably telling bigger lies to their friends, relatives, and spouse in RL.

I dunno. I suspect that lying on the Internet is a lot more prevalent than lying to one's associates in real life. For one thing, most of us can detect b.s. just by facial expressions and tone of voice, two things impossible on the 'Net.

If everyone actually lived and approached each day in a way consistent w/ Christ's teachings, this board would be a beautiful place. The world would be a beautiful place.

But, we don't see that. Some posters here & many of the more vocal people nationally who profess themselves to be Christians and advocate for that religion on many issues express themselves in ways that are close to the opposite of that. They spew vile hatred every day.

When it comes to their agendas about LGBTQ & abortion, they're all about "Christianity" and how they interpret that religion. But that's about it.

How do they reconcile that? Are they even aware of it? I get the whole "we're all sinners" thing, and that everyone tries but doesn't always succeed. But I don't see many trying, at all. Every day is the same thing. Hate upon hate upon hate.

What's the scoop?

I agree. Your atheistic hate upon hate is much better.

He behaves more poorly than most people I know who say they are Christian. Say is the opportune word as anyone can claim to be a Christian. In fact, it's said that the Antichrist masquerades as one.
Agreed. Something like this?:

3g1gyq.jpg

I dunno. I suspect that lying on the Internet is a lot more prevalent than lying to one's associates in real life.

For one thing, most of us can detect b.s. just by facial expressions and tone of voice, two things impossible on the 'Net.
Agreed. Few if any consequences for lying on the Internet. Still, it indicates character; a person who loves to lie on the Internet is likely to lie IRL when they believe they can get away with it. A person who is honorable online is likely honorable IRL.

Agreed on the difficulties of communicating solely by text. That said, you have noticed how people behave over time, and dozens, if not hundreds of posts, and whether they are to be trusted or not.

That's because Pmp's bible isn't the Holy Bible most Christians use. At least according to his posts, comments and reactions to others.

I dunno. I suspect that lying on the Internet is a lot more prevalent than lying to one's associates in real life. For one thing, most of us can detect b.s. just by facial expressions and tone of voice, two things impossible on the 'Net.

Good point.
Still, people who are accustomed to telling hundreds of white lies on the internet are suspect in motivation and character, imo.

Agreed, but that's part of the puzzle for me. Why do they lie? Are they not comfortable in their own skins? Are they mental? Stupid? Are they a product more of nurture over nature or vice versa?

In most cases, my opinion is that it's more about nurture, but there's a few who are clearly a product of nature. LOL

Nurture plays a role.

If kids notice their parents routinely exaggerating, embellishing, telling hundreds of white lies, I don't think they are receiving the message that integrity and character depend on being reliable, consistent, trustworthy, forthright.

Nurture plays a role.

If kids notice their parents routinely exaggerating, embellishing, telling hundreds of white lies, I don't think they are receiving the message that integrity and character depend on being reliable, consistent, trustworthy, forthright.

Great points and agreed. An example is the MAGAts seeing Trump get away with denying responsibility and lying about his opponents then follow his example by doing the same on JPP.

Back