Clarification of Personal Info Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
Posters come here to speak on controversial issues, some of which can be problematic to them in RL if they are "outed" here. If a poster has not posted their name, links to FB Accounts, links to other boards, etc. this information should not be brought here under any circumstances. Speaking of the images you may find on such an outside website, tantalizing others, passing that information to others, etc. is frowned upon. While we cannot know what is going on inside your PM, unless it is reported to us or unless we are forced to gather that information by a court of law, it is best to simply avoid such activity here.

While small bits of information in a post can be used to "find" somebody's RL identity, this doesn't mean that it is okay to post about it here or to pass that information through PM or other uses to try to intimidate or troll a poster. Information gathered by illegal means (gaining illegal access to the email of another for instance, remember that dude that went to prison for doing that to Sarah Palin, it's actually illegal for others to do that to you too; this is just one example of how one can literally break the law in their zeal to gather information), is absolutely prohibited and will result in a permanent ban of the user if we feel we have enough evidence to support that a user has violated another user's privacy in this way, it should be particularly clear that posting about that information (gathered by illegal means) by inference or directly is waaaay too far, especially when used to intimidate.

Of late we've had many arguments about personal information and its use on the site. How the Admin Team will react to these types of violations will always be subjective, we will take into account: violations of the past, whether the activity was actually illegal, what the information is, how often we've had to deal with the poster on other issues, etc. It's a whole picture, and we will do our best to be as fair as possible.

Thank you,

JPP Admin Team

So are you saying if "Critic" posts that she lives in the subs of Naples Florida, and "dumb" reports on that to the rest of us who wouldn't have otherwise noticied or given a fuck about it, "dumb" will be banned?

So are you saying if "Critic" posts that she lives in the subs of Naples Florida, and "dumb" reports on that to the rest of us who wouldn't have otherwise noticied or given a fuck about it, "dumb" will be banned?

No. Are you deliberately being obtuse?

If you post your information here publicly then it is fair game. You were warned in the rules about that. It's very clear. If you don't want everybody to know something don't post it here.

No. Are you deliberately being obtuse?

If you post your information here publicly then it is fair game. You were warned in the rules about that. It's very clear. If you don't want everybody to know something don't post it here.

No. Just looking for total clarity.

Nevermind, I see the offense I meantioned is "frowned upon".

QUOTE]
Speaking of the images you may find on such an outside website, tantalizing others, passing that information to others, etc. is frowned upon.

Posters come here to speak on controversial issues, some of which can be problematic to them in RL if they are "outed" here. If a poster has not posted their name, links to FB Accounts, links to other boards, etc. this information should not be brought here under any circumstances. Speaking of the images you may find on such an outside website, tantalizing others, passing that information to others, etc. is frowned upon. While we cannot know what is going on inside your PM, unless it is reported to us or unless we are forced to gather that information by a court of law, it is best to simply avoid such activity here.

While small bits of information in a post can be used to "find" somebody's RL identity, this doesn't mean that it is okay to post about it here or to pass that information through PM or other uses to try to intimidate or troll a poster. Information gathered by illegal means (gaining illegal access to the email of another for instance, remember that dude that went to prison for doing that to Sarah Palin, it's actually illegal for others to do that to you too; this is just one example of how one can literally break the law in their zeal to gather information), is absolutely prohibited and will result in a permanent ban of the user if we feel we have enough evidence to support that a user has violated another user's privacy in this way, it should be particularly clear that posting about that information (gathered by illegal means) by inference or directly is waaaay too far, especially when used to intimidate.

Of late we've had many arguments about personal information and its use on the site. How the Admin Team will react to these types of violations will always be subjective, we will take into account: violations of the past, whether the activity was actually illegal, what the information is, how often we've had to deal with the poster on other issues, etc. It's a whole picture, and we will do our best to be as fair as possible.

Thank you,

JPP Admin Team

Can you confirm that PMs are exactly that? Hence any allusion, reference or comment about the contents by the recipient without express permission of the sender is similarly frowned on.

i seriously can't believe you're still whining about that tom. you give out poet's personal information and you claim you did nothing wrong and merely tried to help him, but you're still bitching that i told him you gave me the info. damo has already said it was wrong for me to tell poet about your PM.

let it go.

i seriously can't believe you're still whining about that tom. you give out poet's personal information and you claim you did nothing wrong and merely tried to help him, but you're still bitching that i told him you gave me the info. damo has already said it was wrong for me to tell poet about your PM.

let it go.

OK, fair enough, it's water under the bridge. It would be nice if you apologised for your transgression.

Last edited:
Can you confirm that PMs are exactly that? Hence any allusion, reference or comment about the contents by the recipient without express permission of the sender is similarly frowned on.

Yes. I would also confirm that. The content of a PM should remain private. You can report them to us using the report feature or by forwarding them, however their content shouldn't make it to the board without permission.

Yes. I would also confirm that. The content of a PM should remain private. You can report them to us using the report feature or by forwarding them, however their content shouldn't make it to the board without permission.

let me see if i have this right

if i post something about myself, then it may be repeated, but if i have not posted it and it was found out from another source, then it may not be posted

if i send information about myself in a pm, then that information may not be repeated on the board without my permission

is this an accurate summary?

let me see if i have this right

if i post something about myself, then it may be repeated, but if i have not posted it and it was found out from another source, then it may not be posted

if i send information about myself in a pm, then that information may not be repeated on the board without my permission

is this an accurate summary?

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back