College Football 2015 thread

Big weekend in football! TCU, Michigan State, LSU and Memphis all went down.

How about LSWHO? Or should I say Leonard FourWho??? Talk about a dominating defense, my Crimson Tide steamrolled!!

Now just don't choke on MS State... :D

I'm surprised MSU has gotten so lazy, but it finally caught up with them. I'm still hoping for an Iowa conference title, because I like to see schools like Iowa, Nebraska, and K State do well...

Now just don't choke on MS State... :D

I'm surprised MSU has gotten so lazy, but it finally caught up with them. I'm still hoping for an Iowa conference title, because I like to see schools like Iowa, Nebraska, and K State do well...

Iowa winning the conference would be pretty excellent.

Man! Iowa and Baylor got screwed. Both are undefeated and they bumped by teams that by the most objective standard, they are better than. Well fortunately these don't count and most of it will be settled by the play on the field. The list should have been.

#1. OSU
#2. Clemson
#3. Iowa.
#4. Baylor

I figure the Big-12 teams will beat each other up. If Oklahoma beats OK St, and TCU beats Baylor, then that will kill its chances. Alabama is pretty much in until someone else upsets it. Clemson is probably safe at this point. The Big-10 entrant will be the survivor of Iowa-OSU. Assuming the Big-12 beats itself up, and Stanford only loses the final game of the regular season, then Notre Dame can retain the #4 spot.

Man! Iowa and Baylor got screwed. Both are undefeated and they bumped by teams that by the most objective standard, they are better than. Well fortunately these don't count and most of it will be settled by the play on the field. The list should have been.

#1. OSU
#2. Clemson
#3. Iowa.
#4. Baylor

I agree about Iowa, but Baylor has now lost. I agree with Herbstreit's list:
1) Clemson
2) Alabama
3) Ohio State
4) Oklahoma State

The PAC-12 is out of the discussion.

I figure the Big-12 teams will beat each other up. If Oklahoma beats OK St, and TCU beats Baylor, then that will kill its chances. Alabama is pretty much in until someone else upsets it. Clemson is probably safe at this point. The Big-10 entrant will be the survivor of Iowa-OSU. Assuming the Big-12 beats itself up, and Stanford only loses the final game of the regular season, then Notre Dame can retain the #4 spot.

Stanford went down and so did Utah. The PAC is out.

Depending on how Notre Dame does against Stanford, they may round out the top 4 and be in the playoffs, despite having no conference championship game.

The Big 10 Championship game will put one team in. Unless something huge happens, Alabama will win out against the aubbies and in the SEC Championship.

I wonder if Notre Dame and BYU would consider agreeing to a Conference Championship Weekend Series after this year, in which they agree to play each other at a neutral-ish (alternate between Indianapolis and Salt Lake City, for example) venue for a 13th game every season. Establish a friendly rivalry, and play for an "Independence Trophy," or something clever like that. I would at least give them each a 13 game season heading into the playoffs...

I agree about Iowa, but Baylor has now lost. I agree with Herbstreit's list:
1) Clemson
2) Alabama
3) Ohio State
4) Oklahoma State

The PAC-12 is out of the discussion.
Herbstreit is a traiter and a paid SEC apologist for ESPN. It is absolutely clear OSU is the best team in the nation. They've proven it on the field. They may not have proved it in the SEC board room but last I heard they don't play football. They just try to make a buck. Here's some facts.

The BiG is the best conference in college football at this time. Followed by the ACC. The SEC has had an off year this year and only had two decent teams. Bama and FSU. OSU has virtually the same talent they had last year and are being penalized for not winning every game 100-0 despite playing in the toughest conference in the country this year. So lets look at some facts between Clemson and OSU. OSU plays a far harder conference schedule. Clemson average scoring per game is 2.1 points better than OSU but OSU's defense holds it's opponents to an average of 4.3 points per game and OSU's average margin of victory is 2 points greater than Clemson, so to rank Clemson #1 over the undefeated defending national champion who plays in a tougher conference is a joke.

Here's what the playoff ranking should be.

#1. OSU
#2. Clemson
#3. OK. State
#4. Iowa

Alabama shouldn't be in the top four let alone ranked #2. There are other teams who are better and have proven it on the field. The current Alabama team isn't as good as the one OSU put the beat down on last year. So something is rotten in the State of Denmark. No way should Alabama be ranked higher than either OSU or Iowa. They haven't proven on the field they are better. OSU spanked Bama and the OSU team this year is more experienced than Bama. Iowa and Bama both beat Wisconsin but Iowa did it on the road and Bama, true to the SEC tradition to be to chicken to play outside the south played the Badger at home. Since Iowa has a better record that Bama and has proven it on the field, Iowa should be ranked ahead of Bama.

Last edited:
Herbstreit is a traiter and a paid SEC apologist for ESPN. It is absolutely clear OSU is the best team in the nation. They've proven it on the field. They may not have proved it in the SEC board room but last I heard they don't play football. They just try to make a buck. Here's some facts.

The BiG is the best conference in college football at this time. Followed by the ACC. The SEC has had an off year this year and only had two decent teams. Bama and FSU. OSU has virtually the same talent they had last year and are being penalized for not winning every game 100-0 despite playing in the toughest conference in the country this year. So lets look at some facts between Clemson and OSU. OSU plays a far harder conference schedule. Clemson average scoring per game is 2.1 points better than OSU but OSU's defense holds it's opponents to an average of 4.3 points per game and OSU's average margin of victory is 2 points greater than Clemson, so to rank Clemson #1 over the undefeated defending national champion who plays in a tougher conference is a joke.

Here's what the playoff ranking should be.

#1. OSU
#2. Clemson
#3. OK. State
#4. Iowa

Alabama shouldn't be in the top four let alone ranked #2. There are other teams who are better and have proven it on the field. The current Alabama team isn't as good as the one OSU put the beat down on last year. So something is rotten in the State of Denmark. No way should Alabama be ranked higher than either OSU or Iowa. They haven't proven on the field they are better. OSU spanked Bama and the OSU team this year is more experienced than Bama. Iowa and Bama both beat Wisconsin but Iowa did it on the road and Bama, true to the SEC tradition to be to chicken to play outside the south played the Badger at home. Since Iowa has a better record that Bama and has proven it on the field, Iowa should be ranked ahead of Bama.

Best team? The reason OSU is catching flack is because of their schedule. Only 3 of the 10 teams they have played have a winning record. Contrast that with Bama having played 8 teams with winning records. 5 of the teams OSU has beaten have losing records. Only 1 team Bama beat has a losing record.

Yes, the Big 10 has some great teams. But it also has some cupcakes that pad a schedule. Maryland is 2-8. Beating them is no more impressive than Bama beating Middle Tennessee.

And yes, the Bama team this year is better than the one OSU beat last year. (as for a "beatdown" I think that is an exaggeration) Better O line. One of the best D lines playing this year. And a secondary that is better.

Best team? The reason OSU is catching flack is because of their schedule. Only 3 of the 10 teams they have played have a winning record. Contrast that with Bama having played 8 teams with winning records. 5 of the teams OSU has beaten have losing records. Only 1 team Bama beat has a losing record.

Yes, the Big 10 has some great teams. But it also has some cupcakes that pad a schedule. Maryland is 2-8. Beating them is no more impressive than Bama beating Middle Tennessee.

And yes, the Bama team this year is better than the one OSU beat last year. (as for a "beatdown" I think that is an exaggeration) Better O line. One of the best D lines playing this year. And a secondary that is better.
phhlllbbttyt nonsense. OSU, Michigan, Mich St and Iowa are all better than any team in SEC.

:evilnod:

I think Iowa is happy, because they match up much better with MSU than OSU. Of course, now I can't reference the B1G Title Game by saying "The Eyes Have It!"

LOL and rightfully so but all hope is not lost. PSU could pull off an upset next week. Fortunately I get to burn the candle at both ends this year as I am also a Hawkeye fan. I don't plan on selling my BiG Championship game tickets just yet. :)

Back