College Football 2015 thread

Les miles is second to Sagan in top ten wins over the last decade.
And for that he's getting fired
They'd be nuts to fire him. Who would they replace him with? The guy from Memphis? Tom Harman at Houston? Those are fine coaches but they're not any better than Les Miles. The only knock Miles has against him is he's from Michigan. LSU would be nuts to get rid of him based on a couple of losses to Bama.

OSU had one bad night on a gameday situation in which not one SEC team could have came into the shoe and won. Not one! It was 40 deg with driving rain and winds sustained winds gusting from 25 to 35 mph. I'll stand by my Statement. There isn't a team in the SEC that's better than OSU, MSU, Mich or Iowa. You're comments are really just an insult to what a great team MSU is and they are a great team. To come into the Shoe with those kinds of weather conditions against a great team like the Buckeyes was one hell of an accomplishment. Hats off to them.

Funny how Bama had one bad game day in September and you seemed perfectly happy to use that as a measuring stick for Bama for the rest of the year, but OSU plays half-assed all year and then gets killed at home and it is a fluke? lol

If Bama had been there instead of MSU, it would have been worse. You can stand by whatever you want, but Bama's front 7 would have destroyed OSU, and Henry would have run for 200+.

As for my comments being an insult to MSU, I don't see it that way. My comments were strictly aimed at discussing the underachieving that OSU has shown all season. Meyer is good at getting to the championship the first time. But he gets too conservative when he is trying for a repeat. The same thing happened in 2009 when he was at FL.
We stopped him last year and we'd have stopped him this year and your guys wouldn't have been ready to play on those conditions. Bama isn't as good as they we're last year and both OSU's and MSU's D'lines are better than Bama's O line. Bama's offense is not that much different than LSU's. Face it, the SEC is having a down year this year and just isn't that good. The SEC east is playing like the MAC and only Bama is playing at a high level and from what I've seen there are about 7 or 8 teams in the country that are better than Alabama. Bama's biggest glaring weakness is their secondary and they don't have much of a passing game so if MSU can stack the deck on a dynamic offense like OSU and stop a back, Elliot, who is widely regarded as being a better back than Henry (Don't believe me go check out the NFL scouting reports) than they can do it to Bama too. The SEC has not impressed this year.

From what I've seen Clemson or the BiG champion is going to take it all. I think it will be the BiG cause they have the most top tier teams playing at a very high level. ACC has 1. SEC has 1. Big 12 has 4. I wouldn't count Oklahoma out. They look like the most improved team this year.

We stopped him last year and we'd have stopped him this year and your guys wouldn't have been ready to play on those conditions. Bama isn't as good as they we're last year and both OSU's and MSU's D'lines are better than Bama's O line. Bama's offense is not that much different than LSU's. Face it, the SEC is having a down year this year and just isn't that good. The SEC east is playing like the MAC and only Bama is playing at a high level and from what I've seen there are about 7 or 8 teams in the country that are better than Alabama. Bama's biggest glaring weakness is their secondary and they don't have much of a passing game so if MSU can stack the deck on a dynamic offense like OSU and stop a back, Elliot, who is widely regarded as being a better back than Henry (Don't believe me go check out the NFL scouting reports) than they can do it to Bama too. The SEC has not impressed this year.

From what I've seen Clemson or the BiG champion is going to take it all. I think it will be the BiG cause they have the most top tier teams playing at a very high level. ACC has 1. SEC has 1. Big 12 has 4. I wouldn't count Oklahoma out. They look like the most improved team this year.

Bama's front 7 will stop any running game out there. And do it without having to stack the box. Our secondary is weak compared to the front 7, but not a huge weakness. They are still stopping the passing game except for a few plays.

As for our passing game, Coker has completed 65% of his passes for a shade over 2,100 yards. When the defense has to stack the box to stop Derrick Henry, the passing game gets easier.

The NFL scouts I have read seem to be only leaning towards Elliot by a slim margin. But Bama's run defense is better by a significant margin.

And yes, Bama would have done more in the Shoe than MSU did. The rain would have negated any advantage in the passing game, and the difference in the run defense would have been the difference in the game.

And yes, Bama would have done more in the Shoe than MSU did. The rain would have negated any advantage in the passing game, and the difference in the run defense would have been the difference in the game.

maybe if Alabama makes it as far as a high level bowl game we'll be able to see how they fare against MSU.....

If Baylor wins out and Oklahoma loses to OSU should Baylor be in the playoff? I personally think they should. I also think that the big 12 needs to add teams so they can have a big 12 championship.

If Baylor wins out and Oklahoma loses to OSU should Baylor be in the playoff? I personally think they should. I also think that the big 12 needs to add teams so they can have a big 12 championship.

They don't need more teams. Just take the #1 team from two divisions and have a championship game at a neutral site. The high-powered Big-12 teams lack strong defenses. The reason why OK is most touted is that it is the most balanced, and Mayfield is now playing at the level of Boykin and Co. Of course, they still lost to that awful Texass program...

I think a conference championship game would be a great idea.

But I'm not sure about putting Baylor in the playoffs, even if OK loses.

Partly because of their schedule. Baylor has only played 4 teams with a winning record this year. And only 2 teams on their schedule have 7 wins or more. They lost to half of them.

But that is not rare. Baylor, Ohio State and Iowa have only played 4 teams with winning records.

Well it's hard to argue given the shitty game plays OSU called but reality is, OSU would have spanked the Tide just like they did last year. Bama is playing maybe at Mich level....but definitely not playing at the same level as OSU, MSU or Iowa. No way should they be #2 in the playoff poll. Hell Florida has a better defense than Bama and Bama's one dimensional offense isn't going to beat an elite team. OSU's problem can be summed up in two names "Tim Beck and Ed Warriner". Talent wise OSU is better than what they were last year by no small margin simply cause they are healthier. The inconsistencies in offense can all be tracked on losing Tom Harmin to Houston and Houston did pretty well this year. My guess is that Tom Harmon may be on a short list for a job at a major program.

Well I'm down to having to hope PSU beats MSU and the Bucks beat Mich and IA. Simple attrition would put the Buckeyes in the playoff but if MSU beats PSU and IA they will have earned it.

Right now most Buckeye fans are not happy with Meyers two headed monster at Offensive Coordinator. They were handed the best offense in college football and have been too cute by two times and have managed to be very inconsistent. Meyer needs to fix that and knowing Meyer I'm sure he will.

Well it's hard to argue given the shitty game plays OSU called but reality is, OSU would have spanked the Tide just like they did last year. Bama is playing maybe at Mich level....but definitely not playing at the same level as OSU, MSU or Iowa. No way should they be #2 in the playoff poll. Hell Florida has a better defense than Bama and Bama's one dimensional offense isn't going to beat an elite team. OSU's problem can be summed up in two names "Tim Beck and Ed Warriner". Talent wise OSU is better than what they were last year by no small margin simply cause they are healthier. The inconsistencies in offense can all be tracked on losing Tom Harmin to Houston and Houston did pretty well this year. My guess is that Tom Harmon may be on a short list for a job at a major program.

Well I'm down to having to hope PSU beats MSU and the Bucks beat Mich and IA. Simple attrition would put the Buckeyes in the playoff but if MSU beats PSU and IA they will have earned it.

Right now most Buckeye fans are not happy with Meyers two headed monster at Offensive Coordinator. They were handed the best offense in college football and have been too cute by two times and have managed to be very inconsistent. Meyer needs to fix that and knowing Meyer I'm sure he will.

I'm sorry Mott, you must be watching someone else play. Bama's defense, especially the front 7, is as good as any in the country. OSU would not have spanked us, unless they have been sandbagging all season long.

As for a one dimensional offense, Coker has passed for 2100 yards and Henry has run for 1500. Total passing yards for the season is around 2400. Total rushing yards for the season is just under 2200 yards. Looks like a pretty even split. But you will have to stack the box to stop Henry, and Coker will make them pay for that. Alabama, oon the other hand, stopped good RBs without stacking the box. And got pressure on, and sacked the QB, as much as anyone out there.

I would imagine the reason Bama is #2 in the playoff poll is the difficulty of our schedule. We have played more good teams.

Back