College Football 2015 thread

The way things are, you're not going to get shut out of a CFP anytime soon. You've got Harbaugh and Meyer in the conference, plus the Iowa and MSU programs have been hot. Minnesota is trending upwards, and PSU will find a way to get good again. Looks like Wisconsin is in decline, though...

Meanwhile, the state of the SEC is not great. GA and LSU are firing their coaches, the entire East Division is a dumpster fire, and even the West programs like Auburn are dropping like flies...

These things run in cycles. And yes, the SEC is down. But Bama is still in the hunt!!

LSU doesn't have a natural rival because it is the only BCS team the state.

The closest they had to a rival was Arkansas. They played on Thanksgiving weekend for years until Texas A&M came to the SEC. Unfortunately too many LSU fans never took to the Battle Of The Boot. But here are some facts of the last LSU v Arkansas games

Seven of the last eight games were decided by one possession or less and have featured at least one team ranked in the Top 15. Five of the eight games featured heavy BCS implications.

As a diehard LSU fan I always appreciated the Arkansas game the day after Thanksgiving and miss it.

I don't think this "forced" rivalry between LSU and Texas A&M will amount to much. The Aggies natural rival will always be the Longhorns.

I guess some would argue that Alabama is LSUs rival, but that is a recent phenomenon due in large part to Saban history.
When I was living in Arkansas in the late 90's the game against LSWho was always "The Game".

Here's some terrible news. My sister's employer told her she can't have the day off Saturday so now I have an extra ticket for the Big 10 Championship game. To bad....it's probably going to be a great game.

I can be there in time to go with you!! lol

Actually, while the tens of thousands of Bama fans are rolling into Atlanta, I will be driving out of the city and headed for Huntsville AL to enjoy a couple of days with my kids. Late Thanksgiving meal, adult beverages and plenty of excellent football on TV. It will be a great day!

These things run in cycles. And yes, the SEC is down. But Bama is still in the hunt!!
It's probably best for the Playoff Committee if Bama wins cause if Bama loses all hells going to break out in deciding the #4 team. It won't really make any difference who wins the ACC Championship game cause whoever wins that will be in the playoff but if Bama loses than there will be a bunch of pissing an moaning.

I'm standing by Principle. If Houston wins the AAC championship game and Bama loses to Florida than I think Houston has earned the shot by stint of being 12-1 and winning their conference championship game. It's probably safe to assume that I'm in the minority there. If Alabama and Houston lose their championship game then I'd be ok with OSU as having the best record.

That's probably not going to happen as Florida's defense looks capable of beating Alabama, their offense doesn't look capable of beating anyone. So the Playoff is probably going to be Bama, ACC Champ, BIG Champ and OK. The way things look I think only OK has a chance of beating out the BIG for the national championship. OK is on fire.

Here's my what if scenarios;

If Bama, Clemson win the playoff will be;

#1. Clemson
#2. Bama
#3. BIG Champ
#4. OK

If Clemson loses and Bama wins it will be;

#1 Bama
#2 BIG Champ
#3. OK
#4. NC

If Bama loses and Clemson wins
#1. Clemson
#2. BIG Champ
#3. OK
#4. OSU

If Bama loses and NC wins.

#1 BIG Champ
#2. OK
#3. NC
#4. OSU

So you're not going to find to many Alabama fans in Ohio come Saturday night.

Last edited:
Here's my what if scenarios;

If Bama, Clemson win the playoff will be;

#1. Clemson
#2. Bama
#3. BIG Champ
#4. OK

If Clemson loses and Bama wins it will be;

#1 Bama
#2 BIG Champ
#3. OK
#4. NC

If Bama loses and Clemson wins
#1. Clemson
#2. BIG Champ
#3. OK
#4. OSU

If Bama loses and NC wins.

#1 BIG Champ
#2. OK
#3. NC
#4. OSU

So you're not going to find to many Alabama fans in Ohio come Saturday night.

I seem to recall you being adamant that any team in the playoffs had to have won their conference. What changed?

and the terrible news is, you're not inviting me?.....
Ive extended an invite to a colleague from South Bend who is an MSU alum but his wife has plans and she might not let him bail. If that turns out to be the case and your serious about going let me know. I should know by tomorrow if he can make it or not.

Ive extended an invite to a colleague from South Bend who is an MSU alum but his wife has plans and she might not let him bail. If that turns out to be the case and your serious about going let me know. I should know by tomorrow if he can make it or not.

thanks, but one ticket will not do it......if I went without my wife she would kill me.......she's even a bigger Hawkeye fan than I am........

Well FUCK!!! We are losing Kirby Smart. Georgia is hiring him as their new head coach.

I don't like him leaving before the playoffs, but he has certainly earned this. I knew he would eventually be taken. But the rumor is that he is taking Scott Cochran, strength & conditioning coach, with him. THAT sucks!!

I seem to recall you being adamant that any team in the playoffs had to have won their conference. What changed?
OH I still believe that. I think if NC wins they should be in the playoff. I just don't think that's going to happen if Bama and/or Clemson loses based on the current playoff poll. As I said in the previous post if Bama and Clemson lose and Houston wins the AAC championship game then NC and Houston should be in the playoff.

I just don't think that will happen if Bama and/or Clemson lose. I also posted that before the poll came out. I'm shocked at how low they have NC and Houston in the playoff poll. There's just to many teams for them to leap frog over now.

Last edited:
Well FUCK!!! We are losing Kirby Smart. Georgia is hiring him as their new head coach.

I don't like him leaving before the playoffs, but he has certainly earned this. I knew he would eventually be taken. But the rumor is that he is taking Scott Cochran, strength & conditioning coach, with him. THAT sucks!!
That can hurt. Losing Tom Harmon after last years run hurt the Bucks but hey, these guys earned a shot.

Back