College Football 2015 thread

Well, after the performances by MSU and OK today, Notre Dame was going to get left out, but the complete lack of defense on a team historically known for defense is pretty shitty. Especially given they would have potentially had three conference champions on their schedule (USC/Stanford, Clemson, and Temple)...

I wonder if the transition to ACC football got a push this evening...

They way you did it was cousin marrying low class
Boom

And there we have a perfect example of your classy response to an insult.

Spare me the pretense that you take the high ground in these topics. Simple rules apply here. If you root for auburn in the Iron Bowl (especially if you make a point of saying it) I will insult you. If you can't take that sort of thing, don't play the game.

And there we have a perfect example of your classy response to an insult.

Spare me the pretense that you take the high ground in these topics. Simple rules apply here. If you root for auburn in the Iron Bowl (especially if you make a point of saying it) I will insult you. If you can't take that sort of thing, don't play the game.

I can take it jethro
Just be prepared when you outhouse class it up for the call out
Roll tide
Around the hole
And down the bowl

I'm just amazed that we got to see that vaunted Auburn defense for a full half! 15 min./720 min. on the season. Keep practicing boys!

Needless to say, I was rooting for Auburn, as well... :D

I'm just amazed that we got to see that vaunted Auburn defense for a full half! 15 min./720 min. on the season. Keep practicing boys!

Needless to say, I was rooting for Auburn, as well... :D

And you are an actual auburn fan. I think you are misguided, but I can respect that. My issue with Topper is that he doesn't like auburn. And he is quick to throw out nasty insults, but can't take them.

And you are an actual auburn fan. I think you are misguided, but I can respect that. My issue with Topper is that he doesn't like auburn. And he is quick to throw out nasty insults, but can't take them.

LOLZ, sorry, I am not Gerud here. While I can't speak to how you or Toppy feel about Auburn (being it's Bama's actual rival, and an LSU divisional foe), I passionately hate all programs who play down south. If Auburn were at the top of the SEC, and Bama and LSU were at the bottom, I would be rooting for both of them against it, so as to see it's ranking drop out of the top four. Notre Dame has a more significant history with Florida's ACC teams, but I'd feel the same if I had grown-up a UW or WSU fan...

Out of curiosity, who is LSU's official rival? I'm thinking it's probably not Monroe or Tech, since they aren't relevant programs...

LSU doesn't have a natural rival because it is the only BCS team the state.

The closest they had to a rival was Arkansas. They played on Thanksgiving weekend for years until Texas A&M came to the SEC. Unfortunately too many LSU fans never took to the Battle Of The Boot. But here are some facts of the last LSU v Arkansas games

Seven of the last eight games were decided by one possession or less and have featured at least one team ranked in the Top 15. Five of the eight games featured heavy BCS implications.

As a diehard LSU fan I always appreciated the Arkansas game the day after Thanksgiving and miss it.

I don't think this "forced" rivalry between LSU and Texas A&M will amount to much. The Aggies natural rival will always be the Longhorns.

I guess some would argue that Alabama is LSUs rival, but that is a recent phenomenon due in large part to Saban history.

All I can say is that as a Buckeye fan I'm glad Baylor lost. Now for the next 3.5 hours I'm a PSU fan. I have tickets for the BIG Championship game. Half my dance card was filled when Iowa beat Nebraska. Now PSU just needs to beat Sparty for OSU to be back in the hunt.

sorry Mott.....OSU relegated to third place.....

If Iowa or MSU pulls off the title this year, you B1G Conference folk can start trolling the SEC folk by dubbing the CFP the "Big-10's Playoff" and all that jazz, after the way they talked-up the latter half of the BCS era... :D

The way things are, you're not going to get shut out of a CFP anytime soon. You've got Harbaugh and Meyer in the conference, plus the Iowa and MSU programs have been hot. Minnesota is trending upwards, and PSU will find a way to get good again. Looks like Wisconsin is in decline, though...

Meanwhile, the state of the SEC is not great. GA and LSU are firing their coaches, the entire East Division is a dumpster fire, and even the West programs like Auburn are dropping like flies...

Back