College Football is back!

Really, how many people can even name the last five Heisman trophy winners?

Sabin might make millions in endorsements, but not nationally, and besides he had recognition before he went to Alabama

Now they put players in the NFL, but when the star recruits flock to the big media markets, Alabama will fade, you really think a kid who is promised exposure to say the Atlanta area is going to give that up to go to Alabama? You are thinking today, think twenty years down the road and your understanding will be antiquated

Seeing you didn't comment on the Rutgers Maryland example, I'll give you another, within a decade, the Big East basketball league went from nowhere to the dominate college basketball conference. Why, because they had access to major media markets, they played in NBA buildings, now apply the potential of players making money off of their name to the same scenario. And you still think they are going to flock to Tuscaloosa?

WTF is Rutgers doing in the Big Ten!
They should be in the MAC!

Really, how many people can even name the last five Heisman trophy winners?

Sabin might make millions in endorsements, but not nationally, and besides he had recognition before he went to Alabama

Now they put players in the NFL, but when the star recruits flock to the big media markets, Alabama will fade, you really think a kid who is promised exposure to say the Atlanta area is going to give that up to go to Alabama? You are thinking today, think twenty years down the road and your understanding will be antiquated

Seeing you didn't comment on the Rutgers Maryland example, I'll give you another, within a decade, the Big East basketball league went from nowhere to the dominate college basketball conference. Why, because they had access to major media markets, they played in NBA buildings, now apply the potential of players making money off of their name to the same scenario. And you still think they are going to flock to Tuscaloosa?

The players will go where they think they can win. Winning brings the endorsement deals.

Yes. I see more variety of college football games on Saturdays in Alaska than I do NFL games on Sundays here. The big names are on virtually every Sat. except when they play Slippery Rock.
Perfect example... growing up in South Louisiana I watch every LSU and Saints game I can. Rarely do I get a Saints game. I get far more LSU games.

You think a top recruit is gong to sign to play at Tucaloosa because Alabama games are shown in Alaska? He can sign with a USC and get a major market that goes beyond Alaska or the SouthEast combined. The only SEC teams to take advantage will be Georgia and Florida, rest in time will fall by the wayside, simple economics

Not true, they will go where they can market themselves, and there are scores of opportunities out there that dwarf anything he can make at Tuscaloosa

And what makes them marketable? Winning games and being visible. That happens at Alabama.

You are acting like it is 30 years ago when you needed a studio to make a commercial. A camera, a laptop, and some software can do what it used to take a studio to do.

You are so consumed by hate for Alabama that you are celebrating their demise a bit prematurely. We will be fine.

What I learned yesterday.

Wisconsin has zero passing game. QB sucks as well as their receivers. Their one TD was practically a hail mary luck pass between two OSU defenders. Impossible to be a championship team with a one dimensional offense.

LSU's defense is back where it was the last few yrs. And they have a running game. One TD drive was four straight runs, no passes. Joe Burrow had a lackluster day completing only 76.2% of his passes for 321 yds., 1 TD, 1 int and one rushing TD.
Auburn has a great defense, but we knew that. They played one shitty game against Florida. I predict they will get at least one win against either GA or Bama.

Les Miles is creating magic at KU. And this is with none of his recruits. KU will get better.

Best teams are Bama, theOSU, Clemson and LSU.
What we still don't know is how good are Penn State and Minnesota, and Baylor.

SMU is the Central Florida of this season.

We once again learned nothing about Alabama, easily defeating a team that was out manned at every position. We'll learn a lot in two weeks.

If the playoffs were held today, I would say Ohio State, LSU, Alabama and Clemson would be the 4 teams.

The Championship game would, in my opinion, be LSU v. Ohio State. And I think OSU takes it all.

If the playoffs were held today, I would say Ohio State, LSU, Alabama and Clemson would be the 4 teams.
Indeed.
The Championship game would, in my opinion, be LSU v. Ohio State. And I think OSU takes it all.
Too early to say.
Wisc. turned out to be a dud with their nonexistent passing game but theOSU does look impressive.
Bama hasn't been tested.
LSU played it's sloppiest game yet against a good team, but still won.
Clemson has too much talent to be counted out. If any of those four play perfectly in the two CFP games, that's the team that wins.

Still a lot more season left. Just relieved we got by Auburn . They were well prepared and had a great plan against LSU's pass , allowing short completions.

Pretty much this... I would definitely be rooting for LSU though. I can't stand Ohio State. I can't stand Alabama either. I enjoyed the fuck out of watching Auburn beat Alabama on that last second missed FG returned for a TD (was that 2013??)

Back