"Conservatve" Democrats?

The nuance of language has always intrigued the Commander.... and his seeming to say things without actually saying things can be entertaining, don't you think?

I didn't say that democrats had controlled the senate for six decades prior to 1994. And I didn't even seem to say it either.

you stated that democrats had controlled the senate for six decades prior to 1994. I merely suggested that the four republican senate MAJORITY leaders I listed would take issue with that.

Once again you read, you deflect and you obfuscate, but you do not comprehend and your dishonest attempts to mask your historical ignorance do not go unnoticed.

I stated: Based on the FACT that the Democratic Party lost their traditional six decades of political dominance of the Congress

Now you are welcome to prove how my statement is false based on the facts.

But alas, I am debating with a dishonest leftist dunce; how can I expect anything honest or intelligent.

The nuance of language has always intrigued the Commander.... and his seeming to say things without actually saying things can be entertaining, don't you think?

It's not mere nuance, it is a repugnant and purposeful dishonesty. How does one get "democrats had controlled the senate for six decades prior to 1994" out of my statement "lost their traditional six decades of political dominance of the Congress"?

This is what happens when you debate with idiots; they attempt to drag you down to their low intelligence level, and then beat you with experience.

It is typical of dishonest repugnant leftists who cannot defend the historical failures of their ideology or honestly debate the merits of such philosophy without losing every election. They have to mask their lies and revisionist version of history in order to dupe gullible fools into thinking they can get something for nothing.

I didn't say that democrats had controlled the senate for six decades prior to 1994. And I didn't even seem to say it either.

Neither did I moron. Once again, evidence that you are a dishonest asshat with the reading comprehension of a third grader. It seems to be a common attribute among the forums leftists; that and the grammar of third graders.

Here were your exact words: "prior to 1995, the Democratic Party dominated the House and Senate for nearly six decades."

I pointed out four republican senate majority leaders during that time and suggested they would disagree with that statement. If you speak imprecisely, don't whine when others call you on it.

Here were your exact words: "prior to 1995, the Democratic Party dominated the House and Senate for nearly six decades."

What part of NEARLY do you purposefully pretend to not comprehend you moron?

I pointed out four republican senate majority leaders during that time and suggested they would disagree with that statement. If you speak imprecisely, don't whine when others call you on it.

Yes you did make that idiots point, but it is pure speculation not based on any facts or related to what I stated. It is not about being imprecise you moron, it is about your attempts to parse words to avoid honest debate and the facts.

So once again, please explain to me how controlling BOTH houses of Congress for 46 of 54 years are not NEARLY and dominating?

Instead of acting like a dishonest leftist dunce, please explain to me how things are "trending" towards Democratic Party dominance.

Yes, you really are THAT incredibly stupid and dishonest.

demographic trends which show the old white bloc getting smaller and the hispanic voters and the black voters and the asian voters, not to mention the young voters are all blocs that are getting larger and those blocs are fairly solid in the democrat's camp. and we didn't even talk about the gender gap. trends don't look rosy for the GOP heading forward.... methinks your glory days are beginning to wane. Enjoy them while you can, I guess.

But hey... it's all just idle speculation at this point... we'll talk about again... maybe ten years from now... and see how the GOP has either adapted or withered... I'm just saying' that the trend lines make it clear your party has got to do more than the same old same old or it will be merely a white southern regional power incapable of winning nationally.... sooner or later.

demographic trends which show the old white bloc getting smaller and the hispanic voters and the black voters and the asian voters, not to mention the young voters are all blocs that are getting larger and those blocs are fairly solid in the democrat's camp. and we didn't even talk about the gender gap. trends don't look rosy for the GOP heading forward.... methinks your glory days are beginning to wane. Enjoy them while you can, I guess. But hey... it's all just idle speculation at this point... we'll talk about again... maybe ten years from now... and see how the GOP has either adapted or withered... I'm just saying' that the trend lines make it clear your party has got to do more than the same old same old or it will be merely a white southern regional power incapable of winning nationally.... sooner or later.

Because people never change their political affiliations as they mature and age?

I seem to recall hearing something about "The Solid South", a reliable Democrat voting bloc.

P.S. I hope you're still alive a decade from now...what are the odds?

Because people never change their political affiliations as they mature and age?

I seem to recall hearing something about "The Solid South", a reliable Democrat voting bloc.

P.S. I hope you're still alive a decade from now...what are the odds?

oh... the solid south was indeed a democratic stronghold, until the party at the national level decided to abandon its southern racist roots and become a more "colorful" organization. Johnson KNEW he was giving the south to the republican party when he signed the CRA.... but we'll survive.

as to my longevity... my cardiologist gave me a clean bill of health recently and said I should live to a ripe old age... plus this tropical climate helps to keep my blood thinner :)

and Nixon's "southern strategy" was effective in galvanizing the white racist vote in the south... unfortunately for the GOP, that same strategy lost them the black vote which they had held solidly for a century.

Another incredibly stupid statement from a dunce lefttard; capitalism must be controlled by Government. Our founders are spinning in their graves.

You epitomize what our founders feared the most; clueless idiots like you voting.

It's not my fault you don't understand what I'm talking about or understand the history of capitalism in America.

go read a book

but it takes seismic events... the GOP needs to create such a momentum changer to stem the demographic tide, yet they seem to be convinced that if they just keep screaming the same message louder and louder, that people will all of a sudden start to like it.

but it takes seismic events... the GOP needs to create such a momentum changer to stem the demographic tide, yet they seem to be convinced that if they just keep screaming the same message louder and louder, that people will all of a sudden start to like it.

Obamacare may just be that seismic event.

How many Pajama Boys are gleefully signing up?

certainly not a seismic shift. Large voting blocs did not switch parties like the republicans will need them to do going forward.

Back