Consumers have made the switch to electric vehicles

Joe Capitalist

Racism is a disease

"The performance envelope and the drivability of an electric vehicle makes it so much more desirable than an alternative," he said. "Buying a non-EV just feels very old. Aside from carbon emissions and environmental responsibility, it's just not interesting."
Scaringe also sees a change in the way manufacturers have responded to electric vehicles.
"Up until not too long ago, electrification was sort of a thing you had to do to generate some credits and to look responsible as a company, but they weren't really committed to it," he said. "Now, most big vehicle manufacturers have begun to really lean into their electrification strategies."
Looking ahead, Scaringe said that he believes "policy is going to ping-pong around a little bit, unfortunately."
"Electrification and sustainability have become politicized — it makes no sense at all that it has been, but unfortunately it is," he said, "So as a result of that, you will see a little bit of variation there.*But I don't think, at a macro level, [the trend] is going to change."*
"The slope of the curve is going to continue to be policy that drives toward electrification, policy that drives toward moving off of fossil fuels," Scaringe added. "I think*consumers have made the switch and it's a diode-like switch — it's one directional."

Electric cars soaked by saltwater from hurricane go up in flames, Florida officials say

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article278835624.html#storylink=cpy

In Pinellas Park, on Aug. 31, a Tesla owner called a tow truck to move his flooded car, the Pinellas Park Police Department told WTSP.

When the car was on the back of the truck, it suddenly burst into flames, leaving behind a charred frame when the fire was finally subdued, the outlet reported. “If you own a hybrid or electric vehicle that has come into contact with saltwater due to recent flooding within the last 24 hours, it is crucial to relocate the vehicle from your garage without delay,” Palm Harbor Fire Rescue said in the post. Firefighters said exposure from saltwater can trigger spontaneous combustion of lithium-ion batteries, used in electric cars, but also found in some golf carts and electric scooters.
Burst into flames :shocked:

EV sales just hit a major milestone — showing a surge in popularity as electric cars keep getting cheaper

Thu, August 31, 2023 at 6:45 AM EDT

Electric vehicles (EVs) are quickly becoming cheaper around the world as the future of transportation clearly appears to be electric.

While most car sales are still gas-powered models, EVs have reached an important milestone. In 2022, one in 10 new car sales around the world were EVs.

This 10% figure may not initially seem impressive, but considering how fast sales are increasing — EVs have tripled in market share since 2020 — the number is notable in many ways.

Across the world, over 7.8 million fully electric cars were purchased in 2022, about 68% more than were sold in 2021. And by the end of the decade, the percentage of new electric cars sold could be up to 40%, meaning it could take just seven years for the current figure to quadruple.

Even Darren Woods, the CEO of dirty energy giant Exxon Mobil told CNBC that by 2040, all new cars will be EVs.

ExcessLies wets pink panties
iu

I'm sure that some have,
and some of those are probably content that they did.

I have nothing against electric vehicles,
but I don't think that I'm obligated to make that drastic a change at my stage of life.

I've already had too many drastic changes IMPOSED on me

like those fucking head restraints that don't let me wear my hats.

I'm sure that some have,
and some of those are probably content that they did.

I have nothing against electric vehicles,
but I don't think that I'm obligated to make that drastic a change at my stage of life.

I've already had too many drastic changes IMPOSED on me

like those fucking head restraints that don't let me wear my hats.

Nobody's forcing you to buy an EV. But you will in time. Just like you eventually bought a personal computer once they became popular and affordable.

EVs clearly have many advantages over gas cars. It's only a matter of time when there are more EVs on the road than gas cars and people will be reluctant to buy another gas car because of the fear they will become obsolete.

It's only a matter of time...

Nobody's forcing you to buy an EV. But you will in time. Just like you eventually bought a personal computer once they became popular and affordable.

EVs clearly have many advantages over gas cars. It's only a matter of time when there are more EVs on the road than gas cars and people will be reluctant to buy another gas car because of the fear they will become obsolete.

It's only a matter of time...

If I live long enough, I probably will.
This isn't something about which I'm adamant.

The ICE car did a super job, but it did come out in 1895.
How much can we ask of it?

"The performance envelope and the drivability of an electric vehicle makes it so much more desirable than an alternative," he said. "Buying a non-EV just feels very old. Aside from carbon emissions and environmental responsibility, it's just not interesting."
Scaringe also sees a change in the way manufacturers have responded to electric vehicles.
"Up until not too long ago, electrification was sort of a thing you had to do to generate some credits and to look responsible as a company, but they weren't really committed to it," he said. "Now, most big vehicle manufacturers have begun to really lean into their electrification strategies."
Looking ahead, Scaringe said that he believes "policy is going to ping-pong around a little bit, unfortunately."
"Electrification and sustainability have become politicized — it makes no sense at all that it has been, but unfortunately it is," he said, "So as a result of that, you will see a little bit of variation there.*But I don't think, at a macro level, [the trend] is going to change."*
"The slope of the curve is going to continue to be policy that drives toward electrification, policy that drives toward moving off of fossil fuels," Scaringe added. "I think*consumers have made the switch and it's a diode-like switch — it's one directional."

Give me your best argument for why I should buy an ev.

If I live long enough, I probably will.
This isn't something about which I'm adamant.

The ICE car did a super job, but it did come out in 1895.
How much can we ask of it?

Of course you will. When your old gas car is on its last legs, you'll do the research and most likely come to the same conclusion that millions of people around the world came to.
EVs are superior to the 100 year old technology of gas cars.

Of course you will. When your old gas car is on its last legs, you'll do the research and most likely come to the same conclusion that millions of people around the world came to.
EVs are superior to the 100 year old technology of gas cars.

My greater concern are the goddamned head restraints.

I have Italian Borsalino hats worth hundreds of dollars and can't wear them because of those stupid restraints.
A man is not dressed up without a proper fedora.

Joey wet panties feels the need to continue to wish others follow him down that silly path.

My greater concern are the goddamned head restraints.

I have Italian Borsalino hats worth hundreds of dollars and can't wear them because of those stupid restraints.
A man is not dressed up without a proper fedora.

You mean like one of these?

Borsalino-Hat-Classic.89001_8.jpg

Just take the headrest off.

You mean like one of these?
Just take the headrest off.

I actually do have a navy blue one in my collection.
As for the head restraints, the new ones don't come off.
It pisses me off more than I can express in words.

I don't see many people that young wearing them
because only a very few in my own "boomer" generation still wear them.

My dad's generation did, and I have always worn them as well---

until the new fucking head restraints.

Electric vehicle demand shoots upwards again

Demand for electric vehicles in Britain has trounced last year’s figures once again as some 17,243 of the models were registered in August, marking an increase of 72.3%.
In total, 85,657 new cars were registered in the UK in August, according to the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).
This marked a 24.4% growth overall, pushed up by a surge in large fleet and business registrations, the industry body explained.
“While August is typically a quieter month with many buyers choosing to wait until the September numberplate change, an increase […] means the sector is now entering a second year of growth,” SMMT said.
Volkswagen Group (XETRA:VOW) was the bestselling brand, followed by Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) and then Audi.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-Mz6lgAaIe4?feature=share

Volkswagen reveals a strong offensive push into electric vehicles amid ongoing price war

European carmakers are looking to challenge Tesla's EV dominance.

One of the biggest hurdles to mass EV adoption involves the historically high price tags associated with these cars. Faced with high inventory and discouraged buyers, carmakers have recently become entangled in a price war, as legacy and EV firms alike have been forced to slash their prices (and cut into their margins) in an effort to beat out the competition and entice buyers.*
In an effort to challenge Tesla's* (TSLA) dominance of the market, Volkswagen* (VLKAF) unveiled a few new concept EVs at the IAA Mobility motor show in Munich over the weekend, highlighting a long-term plan to offer the widest available EV range on the market, increasing accessibility while also tapping into luxury.*
The European automaker said Sunday that by 2027, it will launch 11 new fully electric models, the most accessible of which will be priced at fewer than 25,000 euros ($26,800). Tesla's cheapest model, the Model 3, starts at around $37,000 before tax incentives.
Volkswagen plans to produce only electric vehicles in Europe by 2033 at the latest

Volkswagen reveals a strong offensive push into electric vehicles amid ongoing price war

European carmakers are looking to challenge Tesla's EV dominance.

One of the biggest hurdles to mass EV adoption involves the historically high price tags associated with these cars. Faced with high inventory and discouraged buyers, carmakers have recently become entangled in a price war, as legacy and EV firms alike have been forced to slash their prices (and cut into their margins) in an effort to beat out the competition and entice buyers.*
In an effort to challenge Tesla's* (TSLA) dominance of the market, Volkswagen* (VLKAF) unveiled a few new concept EVs at the IAA Mobility motor show in Munich over the weekend, highlighting a long-term plan to offer the widest available EV range on the market, increasing accessibility while also tapping into luxury.*
The European automaker said Sunday that by 2027, it will launch 11 new fully electric models, the most accessible of which will be priced at fewer than 25,000 euros ($26,800). Tesla's cheapest model, the Model 3, starts at around $37,000 before tax incentives.
Volkswagen plans to produce only electric vehicles in Europe by 2033 at the latest

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JET1y0L7brw?feature=share

Q2 2023 Global EV Sales Grow 50%; Divergent Segment Trends Emerge Between China and Worldwide Markets

Q2 2023 Global EV unit sales grew 50% YoY driven by strength in Western Europe, nascent markets, and NAM
China’s domestic market continued to dominate globally.
Global OEMs extended share of higher-tier mid & full-sized categories, while Chinese groups dominated lower-tier sub-compact and compact segments
Beijing, New Delhi, Boston, Seoul, London – August 31, 2023

According to Counterpoint Research’s latest Global Passenger Electric Vehicle Tracker, Q2 2023 battery electric vehicle (BEV) unit sales grew by 50% YoY, driven by Western Europe, North America and nascent markets across Asia.

iu

Very little maintenance cost. No oil changes.

Massive (MASSIVE) acceleration

No gears, no transmission.

Don't forget:

No trip to the gas station. Charge your EV in your garage.
No noxious fumes polluting the air.
No radiator flushes.
Regenerative braking - One pedal driving.
Better resale value.

Back