Consumers have made the switch to electric vehicles

Yuppers!

I charge mine on my home's solar PV system and effectively have driven for free for 3 years now! It's a great car. Not perfect, but it does 99% of what I need from a car. I love mine.

Charging an EV solely from solar power requires several days.
No, 'topping off' doesn't count.

Apparently 99% of the time you are not driving your car much.

The popularity of EVs keeps growing:

Tesla plans to install 20,000 electric vehicle charging stations across 2,000 Hilton properties in the U.S., Mexico and Canada beginning next year, the companies said Thursday.
For Tesla, the buildout of wall connectors is another way to increase mass adoption by offering more convenient charging locations. The company's Universal Wall Connector can charge any North American vehicle model, not just Tesla vehicles. For Hilton, it's about meeting demand from leisure and business travelers.
"We're seeing a rapid and steep increase in the number of requests for EV charging. We're trying to meet our guests' needs with this new agreement with Tesla," Matt Schuyler, Hilton's chief brand officer, told CNBC.

Into the Night soil diapers
iu

Last edited:
In the market for a new EV? Check this out:
Best Electric Vehicles of 2023 and 2024

Find the best electric cars, SUVs and trucks based on our EV rankings. Then compare models, read our reviews, and find the best electric vehicle prices. Read more on how we rank cars »

All the info you need to buy your new EV.
The best luxury EVs
The best SUV EVs
The best economy EVs
The best pickup truck EVs:

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/electric-vehicles

You know you want one. You know you do.

In the market for a new EV? Check this out:
Best Electric Vehicles of 2023 and 2024

Find the best electric cars, SUVs and trucks based on our EV rankings. Then compare models, read our reviews, and find the best electric vehicle prices. Read more on how we rank cars »

All the info you need to buy your new EV.
The best luxury EVs
The best SUV EVs
The best economy EVs
The best pickup truck EVs:

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/electric-vehicles

You know you want one. You know you do.

My ICE was serviced this morning, I checked the showroom, my BMW dealer had a half dozen various EV models on the floor. $110,000 - $132,000 + tax and Lic. Oh, I forgot I get a $7500 rebate from other taxpayers' monies.

No EV's scheduled for pickup, but six X3's a couple X5's and an M4 sedan going out the door today.

Joey wets panties.

A Department of Energy report shows that electric cars are less costly to maintain, confirming similar reports.

“Electric and electrified powertrains have lower maintenance and repair costs than internal combustion engine (ICE) powertrains for all vehicle sizes, relative to vehicle price,” the DOE’s Argonne National Laboratory said (PDF) in a report.

Pure electric vehicles, or BEVs, fared the best.

The reduction in maintenance cost per mile for HEVs, PHEVs, and BEVs as compared to ICEVs were 7%, 11%, and 41%, respectively, the report said.

For example, for items such as engine engine oil and transmission service, BEVs had zero costs because of the inherent difference in the power train.

(HEV refers to Hybrid Electric Vehicles, PHEV to Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles and BEV to Battery Electric Vehicles, aka, pure EVs. ICE refers to Internal Combustion Engine or gas cars.)

The cars covered by the report include Tesla Model 3, Model S, Toyota Prius Prime, Chevy Volt and Bolt, Nissan Leaf, BMW i3, and VW Golf and e-Golf, among others.

This reflects findings from Consumer Reports showing “big savings” for EVs over traditional gas cars.

LyinBitch wets panties.
iu

Cost of electricity vs. gasoline

Here’s where EV owners win out. Going electric means you get to skip pricey trips to the pump, which is one of the biggest draws for making the switch. A 2018 study by the University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute found that the average cost to fuel an electric car was $485 a year, compared to $1,117 for a gas-powered vehicle. A 2020 Consumer Reports study similarly showed that EV drivers tend to spend about 60 percent less each year on fuel costs compared to drivers of gas-powered cars.

tenor.gif
Kamala-Harris-GIF.gif

Cost of electricity vs. gasoline

Here’s where EV owners win out. Going electric means you get to skip pricey trips to the pump, which is one of the biggest draws for making the switch. A 2018 study by the University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute found that the average cost to fuel an electric car was $485 a year, compared to $1,117 for a gas-powered vehicle. A 2020 Consumer Reports study similarly showed that EV drivers tend to spend about 60 percent less each year on fuel costs compared to drivers of gas-powered cars.

tenor.gif
Kamala-Harris-GIF.gif

That does not include looking for a gas station with the price you want. Finding a pump and then standing in the snow filling your tank. Then the lovely smell of gas on your hands.

That does not include looking for a gas station with the price you want. Finding a pump and then standing in the snow filling your tank. Then the lovely smell of gas on your hands.

This is so true. Why would anybody want to carry around gallons of very flammable liquid in their car.
If you're in a car accident, there's a chance you could die in a massive fiery explosion. What a horrible way to go.

Gas stations are fire-prone areas, that’s a fact, there is no argument about it!
According to the National Fire Protection Association, every year more than 5000 gas station fires are reported in the US.
These fires cause plenty of damage.
Talking in numbers, on an average, gas station fires cause 48 civilian injuries, 2 civilian deaths, and $20 million in property damage every year.

Not possible in an EV.

"The performance envelope and the drivability of an electric vehicle makes it so much more desirable than an alternative," he said. "Buying a non-EV just feels very old. Aside from carbon emissions and environmental responsibility, it's just not interesting."
Scaringe also sees a change in the way manufacturers have responded to electric vehicles.
"Up until not too long ago, electrification was sort of a thing you had to do to generate some credits and to look responsible as a company, but they weren't really committed to it," he said. "Now, most big vehicle manufacturers have begun to really lean into their electrification strategies."
Looking ahead, Scaringe said that he believes "policy is going to ping-pong around a little bit, unfortunately."
"Electrification and sustainability have become politicized — it makes no sense at all that it has been, but unfortunately it is," he said, "So as a result of that, you will see a little bit of variation there.*But I don't think, at a macro level, [the trend] is going to change."*
"The slope of the curve is going to continue to be policy that drives toward electrification, policy that drives toward moving off of fossil fuels," Scaringe added. "I think*consumers have made the switch and it's a diode-like switch — it's one directional."

Joey has very wet panties

"The performance envelope and the drivability of an electric vehicle makes it so much more desirable than an alternative," he said. "Buying a non-EV just feels very old. Aside from carbon emissions and environmental responsibility, it's just not interesting."
Scaringe also sees a change in the way manufacturers have responded to electric vehicles.
"Up until not too long ago, electrification was sort of a thing you had to do to generate some credits and to look responsible as a company, but they weren't really committed to it," he said. "Now, most big vehicle manufacturers have begun to really lean into their electrification strategies."
Looking ahead, Scaringe said that he believes "policy is going to ping-pong around a little bit, unfortunately."
"Electrification and sustainability have become politicized — it makes no sense at all that it has been, but unfortunately it is," he said, "So as a result of that, you will see a little bit of variation there.*But I don't think, at a macro level, [the trend] is going to change."*
"The slope of the curve is going to continue to be policy that drives toward electrification, policy that drives toward moving off of fossil fuels," Scaringe added. "I think*consumers have made the switch and it's a diode-like switch — it's one directional."

Joey wets panties

1694188486305-png.1373084

Don't forget:

Better resale value.

EV's suck on resale value and depreciate much faster than ICE cars.

The Truth Behind The Terrible Resale Value Of Electric Cars
https://www.slashgear.com/909209/the-truth-behind-the-terrible-resale-value-of-electric-cars/

EVs Are Cheap to Run but Expensive to Own
Thanks to abysmal resale values.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...nsive-to-own-thanks-to-abysmal-resale-values/

Electric cars generally don’t hold their value very well and tend to depreciate faster than their gas-powered counterparts. Over a 3 year period, EVs usually depreciate to 52% of their original value.
https://mycarvoice.com/news/do-electric-cars-have-good-resale-value/#google_vignette

So, Your Tesla Just Lost A Ton Of Value: Is It Worth Worrying Over?
https://insideevs.com/news/640631/tesla-resale-value-destroyed-deal-with-it/

EV's suck on resale value and depreciate much faster than ICE cars.

The Truth Behind The Terrible Resale Value Of Electric Cars
https://www.slashgear.com/909209/the-truth-behind-the-terrible-resale-value-of-electric-cars/

EVs Are Cheap to Run but Expensive to Own
Thanks to abysmal resale values.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...nsive-to-own-thanks-to-abysmal-resale-values/

Electric cars generally don’t hold their value very well and tend to depreciate faster than their gas-powered counterparts. Over a 3 year period, EVs usually depreciate to 52% of their original value.
https://mycarvoice.com/news/do-electric-cars-have-good-resale-value/#google_vignette

So, Your Tesla Just Lost A Ton Of Value: Is It Worth Worrying Over?
https://insideevs.com/news/640631/tesla-resale-value-destroyed-deal-with-it/

Wait for it...

Car & Driver is

FAKE NEWS!

Lol!

Every year the world runs more and more on batteries.
Electric vehicles passed 10% of global vehicle sales in 2022, and they’re on track to reach 30% by the end of this decade.

The transition will require lots of batteries—and better and cheaper ones.

Most EVs today are powered by lithium-ion batteries, a decades-old technology that’s also used in laptops and cell phones. All those years of development have helped push prices down and improve performance, so today’s EVs are approaching the price of gas-powered cars and can go for hundreds of miles between charges. Lithium-ion batteries are also finding new applications, including electricity storage on the grid that can help balance out intermittent renewable power sources like wind and solar.

Poor MAGA morons. Their EV bullshit isn't sticking.

Every year the world runs more and more on batteries.
Electric vehicles passed 10% of global vehicle sales in 2022, and they’re on track to reach 30% by the end of this decade.

The transition will require lots of batteries—and better and cheaper ones.

Most EVs today are powered by lithium-ion batteries, a decades-old technology that’s also used in laptops and cell phones. All those years of development have helped push prices down and improve performance, so today’s EVs are approaching the price of gas-powered cars and can go for hundreds of miles between charges. Lithium-ion batteries are also finding new applications, including electricity storage on the grid that can help balance out intermittent renewable power sources like wind and solar.

Poor MAGA morons. Their EV bullshit isn't sticking.

The mini of materials for lithium batteries causes mor pollution than oil and gas and in Africa Cobalt is mined with slavve labor. How can you call that better than gas cars

Back