Consumers have made the switch to electric vehicles

Joey wets panties

1694188486305-png.1373084

I never met anyone who had to replace the batteries. I know a few who had to replace engines though. And replace transmissions. Of course mufflers, air filters and those kinds of things too. Those costs are real.

I never met anyone who had to replace the batteries. I know a few who had to replace engines though. And replace transmissions. Of course mufflers, air filters and those kinds of things too. Those costs are real.

That's because you don't know anyone who went EV.

So? EV's can need a motor replacement. There are plenty of systems on an EV that can fail, just as with ICE cars. On motors, you should note that Tesla deliberately does a shoddy job on rebuilding their electric motors that are used for replacements.

I had to replace the transmission on my old ICE car few years back. Costed me $4k.

I've had my Tesla Model Y for three years and the only thing I had to fix was the power window button. Tesla fixed it for free. They even came to my house to fix it.

No wonder everybody's buying EVs.

LyinBitch soils diapers.

"The performance envelope and the drivability of an electric vehicle makes it so much more desirable than an alternative," he said. "Buying a non-EV just feels very old. Aside from carbon emissions and environmental responsibility, it's just not interesting."
Scaringe also sees a change in the way manufacturers have responded to electric vehicles.
"Up until not too long ago, electrification was sort of a thing you had to do to generate some credits and to look responsible as a company, but they weren't really committed to it," he said. "Now, most big vehicle manufacturers have begun to really lean into their electrification strategies."
Looking ahead, Scaringe said that he believes "policy is going to ping-pong around a little bit, unfortunately."
"Electrification and sustainability have become politicized — it makes no sense at all that it has been, but unfortunately it is," he said, "So as a result of that, you will see a little bit of variation there.*But I don't think, at a macro level, [the trend] is going to change."*
"The slope of the curve is going to continue to be policy that drives toward electrification, policy that drives toward moving off of fossil fuels," Scaringe added. "I think*consumers have made the switch and it's a diode-like switch — it's one directional."

ROFL

What a fucking liar you are, Douche Duck.

"The performance envelope and the drivability of an electric vehicle makes it so much more desirable than an alternative," he said. "Buying a non-EV just feels very old. Aside from carbon emissions and environmental responsibility, it's just not interesting."
Scaringe also sees a change in the way manufacturers have responded to electric vehicles.
"Up until not too long ago, electrification was sort of a thing you had to do to generate some credits and to look responsible as a company, but they weren't really committed to it," he said. "Now, most big vehicle manufacturers have begun to really lean into their electrification strategies."
Looking ahead, Scaringe said that he believes "policy is going to ping-pong around a little bit, unfortunately."
"Electrification and sustainability have become politicized — it makes no sense at all that it has been, but unfortunately it is," he said, "So as a result of that, you will see a little bit of variation there.*But I don't think, at a macro level, [the trend] is going to change."*
"The slope of the curve is going to continue to be policy that drives toward electrification, policy that drives toward moving off of fossil fuels," Scaringe added. "I think*consumers have made the switch and it's a diode-like switch — it's one directional."

Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm’s Electric Car Road Trip implodes

We could soon see more lithium-ion batteries made with recycled materials thanks to a new partnership. BASF, a battery materials producer, has announced that it’s teaming up with Nanotech Energy, a maker of graphene-based energy products, to produce lithium-ion batteries with recycled materials for customers in North America.

Making the batteries with recycled metals could decrease their CO2 footprint by around 25 percent, according to BASF.

As the production of EVs continues to ramp up, the Biden administration has been working to build out the lithium battery supply chain and recycling programs in the US. Last year, the Department of Energy announced it would give $3.1 billion to fund companies establishing battery production facilities. In June, the Department of Energy also announced that it would provide $192 million in funding to promote battery recycling.

lol. Ford lost $4M because people aren't buying them at the rate expected. This article is wishful nonsense.

lol. Ford lost $4M because people aren't buying them at the rate expected. This article is wishful nonsense.

LOL!!! Don't get your panties all in a wad, MAGA moron.

Current Climate: Electric Vehicle Sales Keep Going Up

If it feels like you’re seeing more and more electric cars on the road, you’re not wrong. According to a report from the Energy Information Administration, electric cars comprised nearly 7% of all light-duty vehicle sales in the second quarter of 2023. Hybrid sales are also up, and combined those two classes of care accounted for 16% of total light-duty sales in that quarter. That’s about three times what those sales were just 5 years ago.

“A large portion of the sales increase was due to new manufacturer offerings across different market segments, although existing models also accounted for some of the increase in sales,” the report reads. “Manufacturers reduced the number of non-hybrid internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle models from 318 to 297 between 2021 and 2Q23, and they increased the number of battery-electric models from 34 to 55.”

flea.gif

LOL!!! Don't get your panties all in a wad, MAGA moron.

Current Climate: Electric Vehicle Sales Keep Going Up

If it feels like you’re seeing more and more electric cars on the road, you’re not wrong. According to a report from the Energy Information Administration, electric cars comprised nearly 7% of all light-duty vehicle sales in the second quarter of 2023. Hybrid sales are also up, and combined those two classes of care accounted for 16% of total light-duty sales in that quarter. That’s about three times what those sales were just 5 years ago.

“A large portion of the sales increase was due to new manufacturer offerings across different market segments, although existing models also accounted for some of the increase in sales,” the report reads. “Manufacturers reduced the number of non-hybrid internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicle models from 318 to 297 between 2021 and 2Q23, and they increased the number of battery-electric models from 34 to 55.”

flea.gif

The article is wishful thinking.

They may be "going up" but they certainly haven't replaced sales of ICE vehicles which are still preferred by consumers.

The article is simply a cheerleading puff piece, the reality is even with huge tax benefits given to folks and companies if and when folks buy these things Ford (and not just them other EV companies) have lost money rather than made profit. This is not a sign that consumers have adopted these vehicles like the article says. It's simply puff piece. Propaganda.

Personally, I like the idea, and will probably buy one, but I am an oddity not a sign of consumer adoption. If I can buy one of the butt ugly Tesla pickup trucks, I will absolutely buy one.

The article is wishful thinking.

They may be "going up" but they certainly haven't replaced sales of ICE vehicles which are still preferred by consumers.

The article is simply a cheerleading puff piece, the reality is even with huge tax benefits given to folks and companies if and when folks buy these things Ford (and not just them other EV companies) have lost money rather than made profit. This is not a sign that consumers have adopted these vehicles like the article says. It's simply puff piece. Propaganda.

Why would it bother you so much if the article turned out to be true? What's your problem with new technology?

Every year, more and more EVs are being sold than the prior year. Every major car manufacturer now makes EV models. Look at the difference from just five years ago.
You can't deny the trend towards EVs. They aren't going away. Every year, they will continue to replace the old gas vehicles because they're clearly superior to gas.

Why does that bother you so much?

It is interesting that rightys who hate EVs presume to speak for buyers. We have had 4 EVs in our family. The reason we bought was environmental. Everyone I know who bought them was essentially for the same reason. We care about the air, land, and water. We get caring about gas prices and stopping to fill up out of our lives as a bonus.

It is interesting that rightys who hate EVs presume to speak for buyers. We have had 4 EVs in our family. The reason we bought was environmental. Everyone I know who bought them was essentially for the same reason. We care about the air, land, and water. We get caring about gas prices and stopping to fill up out of our lives as a bonus.

Nordy, Why would I imagine you have four EV's in your family?

That was a secondary reason for me. I have friends who bought Teslas a few years back before the big EV surge. They raved about the performance, simplicity and about the fact that they pay zero to recharge. Of course, that's changed now. But they took me for rides in their EVs and I was sold.
Gas cars just can't match the performance of EVs. The instant torque is incredible. And they are so much easier to maintain. There are so many things better about an EV over a gas car, it's too many to mention. Now my wife and my two kids want EVs.
I'll never buy another gas car...ever.

Back