Consumers have made the switch to electric vehicles

I don't get gas on my hands. I put it in the tank.
The nearest gas pump is within walking distance. Wow. That was hard to find it!
I don't have to stand in the snow to pump gas. Oh...EVs are horrible in freezing conditions because of reduced range and possible damage to the battery pack from road salts and ice chunks.

That's a fact. Cold reduces the battery power and road salt will erode the sealed battery compartment.

It wouldn't bother me if it were true, what bothers me are folks who should know better pretending that it says something it doesn't. When reality doesn't mesh with the article, when those who produce the vehicles are losing money, it becomes clear that it is propaganda. Pointing out reality is not something that you should hate. Avoiding information is remaining deliberately ignorant.

I want EVs to work, I want them to work well. However folks are afraid of getting stranded, as they've seen CEOs of Ford do... Folks don't want to stand there for over a half hour to "fill up" their car... Folks want a car that won't strand them in the winter because the batteries aren't as efficient in the cold... Folks want a vehicle that can pull as much as their truck can currently pull and that the battery can last as long as the fill up does.

When EVs can do all these things I am sure they will be very popular. Until then what we have are vehicles that are still losing money for manufacturers.

I don't know where you're getting your EV info (probably far-right wing media) but you are grossly misinformed.
I've been stranded in gas cars many times but it was because of my own ignorance, not the car. If an EV owner is stranded, he only has himself to blame. There are enough Superchargers around to avoid that happening. And EV owners only have to wait a half hour to charge when they're on a road trip. Otherwise, most of the time, they charge in their garage overnight. Simple.

If you WANT EVs to work, you need not worry. They already do.

I don't know where you're getting your EV info (probably far-right wing media) but you are grossly misinformed.
I've been stranded in gas cars many times but it was because of my own ignorance, not the car. If an EV owner is stranded, he only has himself to blame. There are enough Superchargers around to avoid that happening. And EV owners only have to wait a half hour to charge when they're on a road trip. Otherwise, most of the time, they charge in their garage overnight. Simple.

Joey wets panties

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pCh4rDpnwVY?feature=share

Just wait until Tesla decides to do this to you...

An Arizona woman’s key system and charger no longer worked on her Tesla when she got it back from repairs, and she struggled to get the company to fix the problems.
https://www.cbs7.com/2023/09/15/tesla-blocks-woman-charging-her-car/

When your car manufacturer has complete control over your car, you are fucked.

Arizona man was trapped in his Tesla on a 100 degree day; here's how to get out
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...side-tesla-manual-door-operation/70512739007/

A Tesla owner says he was locked out of his electric car after the battery died — an issue that he says would cost over $20,000 to fix
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/09/21...7OkVCzIbvn19-L2SBDbnI6eD-WWcvZY_AOtaQJX1HnLp6

Tesla Cuts Car's Range By 30%, Demands $4,500 to Get It Back
"They basically robbed him and are demanding a ransom to get back what he had before."

https://futurism.com/tesla-range-reduce-remote

Tesla Sold a Myth About Batteries That Everyone Wanted to Be True
The company reportedly exaggerated its vehicles’ range. We were easy marks.

https://slate.com/technology/2023/0...deception-electric-vehicles-battery-size.html

Lithium hexafluorophosphate (LiPF6) is a lithium salt solution which is the most common electrolyte in lithium batteries,

Lithium Sulphur technology is a potential replacement but there are some serious obstacles to be overcome, poor ionic transport within sulphur cathodes is just one such problem. If and when they are improved enough to become true solid state batteries then lithium ion will become obsolete.

The lithium in LI-ion batteries is not used as the electrolyte. The 'electrolyte' in them is solid state.
A cathode not an electrolyte.

How EV Batteries Will Get Better Even Without a Major Breakthrough

There will come a time when electric cars will routinely offer in the high hundreds of miles of range from batteries that last for decades and recharge even quicker than you can fill a tank of gasoline. Plenty of scientists around the globe are working tirelessly to make that sort of next-generation performance a reality.

Although solid-state has the potential to revolutionize the EV world, today's humble lithium-ion battery and its various derivatives, like LFP, still have a long way to go. "I think there's always room for growth," ONE's Ijaz said. "If you look backwards and think about the year-over-year improvement, it's something like 6 percent year over year, on average, that batteries have improved and materials have been evolving. So I think by no means are we done."
And there are, of course, bigger steps on the horizon.
Ijaz points to fresh research into something called multi-electron conversion, which relies on the same fundamental battery design as today but dramatically changes the chemical reactions within. "Those chemistries are typically much higher in energy density because you're getting more than one electron per ion," Ijaz said. More electrons from the same size battery delivering the same number of ions would mean double or triple the range and output from packs no larger or heavier than today's.

TANSTAAFL. Lithium produces the same joules per mole since it was first used in batteries. That's constant. It cannot change.

You can't power your car with vaporware.

It wouldn't bother me if it were true, what bothers me are folks who should know better pretending that it says something it doesn't. When reality doesn't mesh with the article, when those who produce the vehicles are losing money, it becomes clear that it is propaganda. Pointing out reality is not something that you should hate. Avoiding information is remaining deliberately ignorant.

I want EVs to work, I want them to work well. However folks are afraid of getting stranded, as they've seen CEOs of Ford do... Folks don't want to stand there for over a half hour to "fill up" their car... Folks want a car that won't strand them in the winter because the batteries aren't as efficient in the cold... Folks want a vehicle that can pull as much as their truck can currently pull and that the battery can last as long as the fill up does.

When EVs can do all these things I am sure they will be very popular. Until then what we have are vehicles that are still losing money for manufacturers.

There's a lot more to consider:

* You still have to charge them. There are not enough power plants or grid capacity to handle charging them en masse. The faster you charge them, the more acute this problem becomes.
* They are expensive, both to buy and to maintain, since they require specialized tools and shops due to the danger of battery fire and due to the weight of the batttery.
* They handle poorly, due to the weight of the battery. They also require more expensive tires and brakes to handle the heavier loads (yes...even with electronic braking).
* Due to lost energy in producing power remotely and transmitting said power through the transformers and grid to charge said car, EVs use almost twice the energy of a gasoline equivalent.
* CO2 is not reduced by using EVs. It is increased (Not that I care, but the Church of Global Warming does). Some of this stems from the production process, which requires shipping components around the world a couple of times, but also by producing the wasted energy.

Not so simple.

* Superchargers damage the battery, reducing it's total life span. This is due to the excessive heat generated in the battery by superchargers.
* There are not that many superchargers. You get off the main freeways and you're out of luck. Even if you stay on the freeways, broken supercharges may prevent you from charging that way.
* You often have to wait for more than a half hour to charge, because the only supercharger is currently got a line of cars waiting to charge. It's not practical to leave your car for long while waiting.
* Charging an EV requires a power source. That's usually a coal, oil, or natural gas power plant. It takes about twice as much energy to generate it remotely like this and transmit it to your charger. It takes much less energy to simply burn the gasoline to drive a car.
* You can carry a gas can to refuel your car. You can't do that with an EV. It must be loaded on a flatbed (gasoline or diesel truck) and hauled to a functioning charger.

Automakers are spending huge sums to bring a slew of new electric vehicles to market over the next few years. Ford Motor alone expects to spend more than $50 billion through 2026 to ramp up EV production around the world. General Motors said it will spend $35 billion through 2025, and Volkswagen said it expects to spend almost $200 billion on EVs and related software through 2028.

MAGA soils diapers.

GorgeousMisguidedIrishsetter-small.gif

Automakers are spending huge sums to bring a slew of new electric vehicles to market over the next few years. Ford Motor alone expects to spend more than $50 billion through 2026 to ramp up EV production around the world. General Motors said it will spend $35 billion through 2025, and Volkswagen said it expects to spend almost $200 billion on EVs and related software through 2028.

MAGA soils diapers.

GorgeousMisguidedIrishsetter-small.gif

Tell me what advantages I get from owning an EV. This is just like the death stab. If you have to spend this much time and energy convincing others this is a good thing then it's clear you know it's not obvious on it's face. The only one here with soiled diapers is you queer boy.

Shell Oil said it has opened its largest electric vehicle (EV) charging station worldwide in Shenzhen, China.
The station, located adjacent to Shenzhen airport, features 258 charging points, as well as solar panels with an annual generation capacity of 300,000 kilowatt-hours, Shell said.
The station is operated as a joint venture between Shell and Chinese EV giant BYD.
Shell said it currently operates around 800 EV charging stations through joint ventures or wholly-owned subsidiaries across China.

Yagina wets panties

MAGA soils diapers.

Joey's got wet panties

Ford Loses Nearly $60,000 for Every Electric Vehicle Sold

The Chevy Bolt, GM's popular electric vehicle, is on its way out

I see a new report that the CA grid needs $370 billion in work if it is to do what the save the planet types expect it to do.

Its probably lowball but we are in the right ballpark.

Who would want a EV with lithium ion batteries when newer solid state batteries become common?

Why buy an electric family car?

Because there are more family electric car options than ever before as brands electrify. Developing EVs as family cars has meant, in terms of packaging and interior practicality, that many can be as spacious inside as cars with combustion engines. Electric cars usually feature a flat floor, allowing for more space for passengers, as well as more opportunities for storage. Certain EVs, like the Ioniq 5 and Niro EV on this list, can be specified with domestic power sockets, meaning family members can power external devices like laptops straight from the car – handy for longer journeys.
And, speaking of longer journeys, EV ranges and charging speeds are slowly increasing. The UK’s EV charging infrastructure is slowly improving, too. The SMMT (Society of Motoring Manufacturers and Traders) says that, in 2023, the average battery range for an electric car is closing in on 300 miles (up from 210 miles in 2020) and it agrees that almost every segment of the car market has an electric option.

I see a new report that the CA grid needs $370 billion in work if it is to do what the save the planet types expect it to do.

I saw an older report that discussed the maxim "Necessity is the mother of invention", reiterated some history such as "Great horse manure crisis of 1894" and how human beings can do great things when they work together. This is why, IMO, overly divisive people are detrimental to human civilization. Constructive criticism and civil disagreement are good things. Divisive assholes who only throw rocks and never contribute positive ideas or those who become abusive and/or violent are the shitheap of humanity.

At the moment the poorly educated, the stupid and/or the insane are creating a great negative block upon the best interests of We, the People and the United States of America. These people should be monitored and, if necessary, neutralized if they become violent or incite violence.

Consumers have made the switch to electric vehicles

"The performance envelope and the drivability of an electric vehicle makes it so much more desirable than an alternative," he said. "Buying a non-EV just feels very old. Aside from carbon emissions and environmental responsibility, it's just not interesting."
Scaringe also sees a change in the way manufacturers have responded to electric vehicles.
"Up until not too long ago, electrification was sort of a thing you had to do to generate some credits and to look responsible as a company, but they weren't really committed to it," he said. "Now, most big vehicle manufacturers have begun to really lean into their electrification strategies."
Looking ahead, Scaringe said that he believes "policy is going to ping-pong around a little bit, unfortunately."
"Electrification and sustainability have become politicized — it makes no sense at all that it has been, but unfortunately it is," he said, "So as a result of that, you will see a little bit of variation there.*But I don't think, at a macro level, [the trend] is going to change."*
"The slope of the curve is going to continue to be policy that drives toward electrification, policy that drives toward moving off of fossil fuels," Scaringe added. "I think*consumers have made the switch and it's a diode-like switch — it's one directional."
ROFL

What a fucking liar you are, Douche Duck.
I'm not Joe Capitalist, you wife-beating, paranoid fuckwit. Go throw a shrimp on the barbie, dumbass, then kiss your King's ass.

I think they'd need to add a zero or two... It's going to be more like $3.7 to $37 trillion to do what they want. Hell, their push for high speed rail is already estimated at between $88 billion and $128 billion to complete, up from the original estimate of $35 billion, and not one train has moved so much as a mile down track. My guess is if they even complete it, it'll be closer to $350 billion by then.

Back