Crimes against women in Alaska

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel3

Darla brought this up in another thread, but I thought it was worth further discussion.

Alaska's rape rate is 2.5 times the national average. Alaska also has the highest per capita rate of men murdering women.

This, in addition to the charging victim's for the forensic medical exams, are simply unacceptable.

Is this an indication of Palen's work or a symptom of some other problem?

Darla brought this up in another thread, but I thought it was worth further discussion.

Alaska's rape rate is 2.5 times the national average. Alaska also has the highest per capita rate of men murdering women.

This, in addition to the charging victim's for the forensic medical exams, are simply unacceptable.

Both. Palen is a symptom of the conservative, or traditonal outlook on women. And as such, she has worked to keep the con status quo in place.

These are the traditional, "small town" values, that Palin is talking about.

Keep em.

Both. Palen is a symptom of the conservative, or traditonal outlook on women. And as such, she has worked to keep the con status quo in place.

Keep em.

The insanity involved in accepting (or ignoring) the violence against women is beyond what I have words for.

The fact that the number one reason for hospitalization for women in the USA is violence at the hands of their husbands or significant others is horrific.

Screw the bailouts, the lies, the unneeded wars, and the other bullshit. This should be our number one priority.

FYI, the charges go to insurance companies, but this statistic is a pretty lousy fact about the state of Alaskan society...

FYI, the charges go to insurance companies, but this statistic is a pretty lousy fact about the state of Alaskan society...

It's a trend in rural societies in general. And it is exacerbated by the fact that crime in rural areas is also less likely to be reported than in urban and suburban ones.

Another plug for suburbs being better than urban and rural areas! :shots:

051107_arch_suburbSprawl_ex.jpg

Have fun with your mass produced life!

I prefer rural or urban life to the banalities of the suburbs.

The simple fact is that women get abused in ANY social strata and in any geography.

cons seems to have the same idea about women as a lot of men

that men own women and can do what they like with them -what is amazing is that con women seem to fell that this is the way the world should be

The simple fact is that women get abused in ANY social strata and in any geography.
The moronic Kaboomers apparently held this attitude. What people fail to realize is that the suburbs happen to be located close enough to the city that you can enjoy the action and nightlife without being stuck living there. That is what makes them great in addition to being cozy and secure.

Yes but the fact that women get abused at much higher rates in rural areas is something definitely worthy of note. Probably the biggest thing we could do to strike back against violence against women is to focus on rural areas.

Yes but the fact that women get abused at much higher rates in rural areas is something definitely worthy of note. Probably the biggest thing we could do to strike back against violence against women is to focus on rural areas.

The thing we should focus on is prosecuting men who abuse women.

If you want to get away with murdering a woman, marry her first.

I do not know.... but I would think it would be wise to look at the male:female ratio.

Keep em.

This is quite pathetic. This is Gumby like hackery. you are saying rape is a conservative trait? Led by conservative values or their outlooks towards women?

Friggin very sad of you.

Having 6 months without sun, having high alcoholism rates....and having disproportionately high percentages of conservative republican males, tends to be a hostile environment for females.

Having 6 months without sun, having high alcoholism rates....and having disproportionately high percentages of conservative republican males, tends to be a hostile environment for females.

6 months without sunlight has to do something to them. I can't imagine it.

The thing we should focus on is prosecuting men who abuse women.

If you want to get away with murdering a woman, marry her first.

Ohh I thought that only worked the other way around ?

Headline today, woman who killed husband gets custody of daughters.

Back