Crimes against women in Alaska

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
During the Vietnam War 58,000 soldiers died. There were protests against the war. There were parades honoring those who had died. It was a major media event for either side. It was a defining event of that time.

During that same period of time 51,000 women died, mostly killed by men who claimed to love them. And yet there were no protests, no parades and no media events.

It is considered shameful by the women who are abused. The children are horribly scarred by what they see and what they experience.

I spent 3 years helping my first wife get thru the recovered memories of the abuse, rape and sexual molestation she suffered as a child. Her mother still carries the scars. There were two men who perpetrated these crimes against my ex and her family. Neither of them spent more than a night or two in jail. I sat on suicide watch for my ex as she remembered horrible things that were done. I watched my three kids suffer because of what their mom was going thru.

Those two men were not called to pay for their crimes. I have not been back to Vermont since I learned what those two sick fucks did. I don't trust myself not to put them both in the hospital.

I don't even know what to say Solitary.

My family also has a long history of sexual and physical abuse that I wouldn't like to go into.

No need to say anything, WM.

I understand you not wanting to go into it. The victims are often the ones who feel the shame. That is the tragedy of this problem, the perpetrators often don't feel as much shame as the victims.

But the victims need to get help. They need to understand that what was done to them is criminal. They need to understand that the shame is in the silence, not the crime.

We also need to understand that the one abused is not the only victim. Their children, their spouses and everyone who loves them is a victim as well.

Don't feel the need to tell us, WM. But tell someone. Talk to someone about it. Its the best thing for it. The silence guards the perpetrator.

No need to say anything, WM.

I understand you not wanting to go into it. The victims are often the ones who feel the shame. That is the tragedy of this problem, the perpetrators often don't feel as much shame as the victims.

But the victims need to get help. They need to understand that what was done to them is criminal. They need to understand that the shame is in the silence, not the crime.

We also need to understand that the one abused is not the only victim. Their children, their spouses and everyone who loves them is a victim as well.

Don't feel the need to tell us, WM. But tell someone. Talk to someone about it. Its the best thing for it. The silence guards the perpetrator.

The perpetrator is dead.

I think what I said still holds true. You don't need to talk to someone to get the perpetrator punished. You need to talk to someone (or encourage others to talk) in order to help the victims.

I won't press this, WM. But I wish you well on this.

Huh? Why?

If there aren't nuff womun to go round, some of em is gonna git raped, cause men gots to have it??

I didn't even see the line you responded to, Darla.

More ignorance and ridiculous bias?

I am waiting to see the women in Alaska start picking up a gun and putting an end to the abusers.

This is quite pathetic. This is Gumby like hackery. you are saying rape is a conservative trait? Led by conservative values or their outlooks towards women?

Friggin very sad of you.

Why don't you stick to false outrage over your party being blamed for the financial diaster (that they caused)?

This really isn't your forte, as witnessed by your previous post on this thread.

I didn't even see the line you responded to, Darla.

More ignorance and ridiculous bias?

I am waiting to see the women in Alaska start picking up a gun and putting an end to the abusers.

I think it is ignorance and bias yes.

I have actually heard people claim that the reason why there are so many sexual assaults in our armed services today, is because men aren't allowed to have hookers, the way they were in Vietnam. First of all, you can't just gloss over the terrible explotation of very young girls, in Vietnam, that way. And second of all, what?!

But others who were there told me, nah, they had hookers, and there were still plenty of rapes, it's just that there were far less women in our own ranks back then, so the rapes were committed against Vietnamese women, and of course, nobody cared. Actually, only one guy told me that. The rest told me the other sorry assed excuse. And these are peace activists...scary.

I wish people would make this stuff public. How the FUX does a state get away with charging the victim to TAKE EVIDENCE of a crime? Even charging and insurance company? You would think that as a woman she would see the injustice in that and push her legislature to change it. But I guess she is not THAT kind of a Maverick.

I wish people would make this stuff public. How the FUX does a state get away with charging the victim to TAKE EVIDENCE of a crime? Even charging and insurance company? You would think that as a woman she would see the injustice in that and push her legislature to change it. But I guess she is not THAT kind of a Maverick.

Soc, Wasillia was the only town in Alaska this was happening in, and as Mayor of that town, Palin actually signed the budget funds for rape kits had been cut out of! It's far worse than you think.

This woman is sick. She's the culmination of years of Republicans training female dogs to fetch their bidding in the R party. She's a right wing religious whacko who buys into every anti-woman policy that exists.

Why don't you stick to false outrage over your party being blamed for the financial diaster (that they caused)?

This really isn't your forte, as witnessed by your previous post on this thread.

I did not say that it was the fault of the women or that they should 'just accept it' or anything. Someone asked why the ratio might be higher. I answered that statement. I would bet the ratio in some of those small towns has a whole lot to do with it.

But continue to play your ignorant games.... it simply makes you look pathetic.

As for the other... only a partisan hack thinks it was one party or the other to blame. That bill you idiots continue to wish to paint as the big evil in this debacle..... COULD NOT HAVE PASSED without the Dems. It was SIGNED into law by a friggin DEM. Only EIGHT ended up voting against the final version.

I have actually heard people claim that the reason why there are so many sexual assaults in our armed services today, is because men aren't allowed to have hookers, the way they were in Vietnam. First of all, you can't just gloss over the terrible explotation of very young girls, in Vietnam, that way. And second of all, what?!

But others who were there told me, nah, they had hookers, and there were still plenty of rapes, it's just that there were far less women in our own ranks back then, so the rapes were committed against Vietnamese women, and of course, nobody cared. Actually, only one guy told me that. The rest told me the other sorry assed excuse. And these are peace activists...scary.

Why is it so difficult just to masturbate? They're acting like if guys can't stick it in tang they must by nature go on sexual rampages, which is ridiculous.

Why is it so difficult just to masturbate? They're acting like if guys can't stick it in tang they must by nature go on sexual rampages, which is ridiculous.

LOL! It's so funny you should say that, because my friend Sue will go on some of the funniest rants about exactly that!

The people who make excuses for that sort of behavior never cease to amaze me. The thing that bothers me as much as the rapes of our women in the military is the lack of response by their superiors.

This "boys will be boys" attitude works fine when a boy breaks a window playing baseball or gets into a fight in the school yard. But to use that attitude when a woman was raped is despicable.

It probably goes back to that "real man" bullshit that society has force-fed our boys as they grew up.

Its pure bullshit. The idea that a rape is the woman's fault is just more patriarchal horseshit to justify almost anything.

Back