Death row inmate argues he is too fat to be executed humanely

Omfg drama queen. Hundreds of millions have been killed by Christianity but you don't hear me whining.

The Roman Catholic religion killed millions of people, including Protestants. That church is the whore of the Earth. While there are a few oblivious Christians in the Catholic church, the institution itself is the spawn of Satan.

In other words, we do not disagree.

What's funny is you guys are like mirror opposites of each other.

If it were anyone but Thor I would never use something as base and ridiculous as the "death penalty people are murderers" argument. But I know that it makes Thor angry, and anything that makes Thor angry makes me happy.

Omfg drama queen. Hundreds of millions have been killed by Christianity but you don't hear me whining.

yes and by the jews before (not as many) and muslims (not sure of the actual estimates) after - no religions' hands are without blood...even the buddhists (although i think the true buddhists have the least blood on their hands)

yes and by the jews before (not as many) and muslims (not sure of the actual estimates) after - no religions' hands are without blood...even the buddhists (although i think the true buddhists have the least blood on their hands)

Agreed. Probably even less than atheists, to be honest.

The basic point is that a lot of people have killed a lot of people.

And a peaceful society without war, totalitarian domestic policy, or the death penalty would put an end to most of that.

Thor, here is the site for 129 people who were also convicted of horrible crimes and were later freed on proof of innocence, or given new trials and acquitted. It is barbarians like you that no only applaud the death penalty but decry the appeals system as taking too long. If you had your way, some of these people would already be dead, and the state would have committed premeditated murder.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=6&did=110

See what you've done Water. Now you've got Soc calling people barbarians.

I am apathetic about the death penalty. If forced to take a stance, I would say abolish it, but I am very understanding of the motivations of those who wish to preserve it. Some are convinced that it is a deterrent, and I have seen some practical evidence that such is the case. Others are convinced that certain crimes warrant such punishment, if only for the victims families, and that too is an understandable position.

I intellectually understand the reasons for abolishing the death penalty, but you wouldn't see me crying over a child molestor's execution.

I am apathetic about the death penalty. If forced to take a stance, I would say abolish it, but I am very understanding of the motivations of those who wish to preserve it. Some are convinced that it is a deterrent, and I have seen some practical evidence that such is the case. Others are convinced that certain crimes warrant such punishment, if only for the victims families, and that too is an understandable position.

I intellectually understand the reasons for abolishing the death penalty, but you wouldn't see me crying over a child molestor's execution.

Are you seriously empathetic towards Brent's reasons though?

You really have no idea how much fun it is to make that little twerp angry. I'm sorry if this counts as sadism but I'm not certain Brent counts as a serious person. I guess it is sort of like making fun of a person in a mental institution, so under those grounds, I apologize.

But we need to abolish the death penalty. I don't care how much support for abolition there is right now. All of the nations that abolished it initially had high support for the death penalty, and as time passed, people just got over it. The death penalty breeds support for itself, and if we'd finally just go and stop it once and for all it would be so much easier to leave that part of our history behind.

The basic point is that a lot of people have killed a lot of people.

And a peaceful society without war, totalitarian domestic policy, or the death penalty would put an end to most of that.

whatever you are on i want some

i think that a just peaceful society is impossible - people are just not wired for it

but it would be nice to have:clink:

Are you seriously empathetic towards Brent's reasons though?

You really have no idea how much fun it is to make that little twerp angry. I'm sorry if this counts as sadism but I'm not certain Brent counts as a serious person. I guess it is sort of like making fun of a person in a mental institution, so under those grounds, I apologize.

But we need to abolish the death penalty. I don't care how much support for abolition there is right now. All of the nations that abolished it initially had high support for the death penalty, and as time passed, people just got over it. The death penalty breeds support for itself, and if we'd finally just go and stop it once and for all it would be so much easier to leave that part of our history behind.

I don't think Brent has reasons. From what I gather he has lived a sheltered life and has no experience with death, so he has an understandable insensitivity toward it.

Brent has no experience with death, so he is comfortable wishing it upon others.

Last edited:

this is basically how i feel.

as a sidenote. We cannot have this strife between watermark and thor in the court of pwnage. something must be done.

I don't think Brent has reasons. From what I gather he has lived a sheltered life and has no experience with death, so he has an understandable insensitivity toward it.

Even though the death penalty is not an important issue to me, I've seen someone killed and after that it would be much harder for me to be a gung-ho advocate of either war or the death penalty.

Brent has no experience with death, so he is comfortable wishing it upon others.

I've noticed that Brent only expresses his compassion in anger at others. He apparently felt compassion for the two victims of this crime, but what primarily concerns him is anger at the man. He hated how that dead girls photos were thrown all over the internet, but mainly expressed it as anger at the people who distributed them.

Then he goes off and laughs at the death of a girl who was ran over by an Israeli bulldozer, and constantly condemns others to death. He has an extremely selective empathy, and that's incredibly dangerous.

I may have illogical compassion, but it's much better to have too much compassion than none at all.

Does Jesus like the death penalty? He kind of got the short end of the stick on that one. Maybe he's cool with it now though, what with sensible minds like bdw and Dixie fattening his head for 2,000 years. Yeah, Jesus is probable cool with it, I would think.

Death Penalty 4Ever!

I would support abolishing the death penalty under three criteria:

First: Stricter sentencing for violent criminals, including life without parole for ALL first degree rape convictions (and most other rape convictions), and life without parole for all first and second degree murders, and most other deliberate homicides. No fucking 5-10 for murder plea bargains. Keep those fuckers in jail and gun crime will diminish dramatically.

Second, make prisons self sufficient. (and no whining about "slave labor".) Those subhuman scum are given room, board, recreational facilities, gymnasiums, cable TV, internet access, etc. etc. etc. Put them to work and pay them market wages for the type of work they do, but then subtract the cost of their upkeep (including the cost of the guards that tuck them in at night). Any extra after they pay for their food, shelter, pool tables, TVs, cable, computers, weight rooms, etc, they get to keep in a savings account, and spend as desired on things not provided in the prison. Then the prison either uses the product of the prisoners' labor, (ie: food grown in gardens and mini-ranchs, services like laundry, etc.) or sells it outside and uses the proceeds to run the prison and pay the guards, etc. (I do NOT believe a prison should be PROFITABLE as is being done in some areas, but it should be self sufficient.)

Third, set up maximum security areas for murderers and rapists that assures as much as humanly possible there will be no escapes. Putting such people in medium security facilities is not right. In the last year the Montana State Prison has had 8 escapes of prisoners with convictions for violent crimes. It is not acceptable that society should be at risk because a convicted murderer was even accidentally freed to murder again. (let alone purposely as happens now)

Meet those criteria so as to protect society from these scum, and make them earn their own way so society is not forced to support them, and most objections to abolishing the death penalty will go away.

Back