Death row inmate argues he is too fat to be executed humanely

Anyone ever wonder why murderers always support the death penalty?

Me neither.

When did Gallup run a survey among likely serial killers?

Must have missed that poll...

Anyway, keep up the great arguments Watermark. I am thoroughly impressed!

Should we, as a society, be merciful? Yes we should.

Should there be limits to our mercy. Yes there should.

Some of those out there don't deserve to live. To be able to watch tv, to be able to get letters from loved ones, to be able to read about the wonders of the world is beyond what these people deserve.

Oh please. Even Bin Laden - killing him is just revenge. It makes us feel better. That doesn't mean that the punishment is just.

Let us rekindle the torch so that human consciousness may once again be resurrected…... Let us obliterate the unworthy, the anti-socials, who are responsible for such crimes.

A mass extermination is at hand. A delousing is you will.

Let us rekindle the torch so that human consciousness may once again be resurrected…... Let us obliterate the unworthy, the anti-socials, who are responsible for such crimes.

A mass extermination is at hand. A delousing is you will.

Oh such bullshit. I am not talking about executions for smoking a joint or jaywalking.

I am talking about scum that are perfectly willing to rape and murder people. I am talking about violent repeat offenders.

Want a solution? Our food bill has almost doubled. Cut the rations for this lardass until he loses enough weight, then kill him.

Or hang him. His weight will certainly make the execution quicker, and therefore more humane.

Some of those out there don't deserve to live. To be able to watch tv, to be able to get letters from loved ones, to be able to read about the wonders of the world is beyond what these people deserve.

Oh, but who is to say what anyone deserves? Those two women didn't deserve to die. The thousands who die each year because of our fucked up medical system didn't deserve to die. The millions that die of cancer each year didn't deserve to die. No one deserves to die, and yet we all do.

We should be looking at ways to be more humane to our fellow humane beings, and the death penalty isn't one of them. No matter how good it may make you feel, it is simply out of place in the modern world. It's just an expensive version of life without parole that often kills the innocent.

Oh, but who is to say what anyone deserves? Those two women didn't deserve to die. The thousands who die each year because of our fucked up medical system didn't deserve to die. The millions that die of cancer each year didn't deserve to die. No one deserves to die, and yet we all do.

We should be looking at ways to be more humane to our fellow humane beings, and the death penalty isn't one of them. No matter how good it may make you feel, it is simply out of place in the modern world. It's just an expensive version of life without parole that often kills the innocent.

Yes, we should be working to make our medical system better. We should be working to make the lives of our people better.

But there are some who commit atrocities that take them beyond the limits of a society's mercy.

A perfect example: Some deviant repeat offender kidnaps a woman, rapes her, tortures her, and murders her. Now her husband and kids will never have a christmas or birthday with her again. We should let this scum have christmas and birthdays? This scum should be able to read great literature, watch the Olympics, laugh at a good joke, watch a sunset, or hope for something? No way. I am not saying we execute everyone who kills anyone. I am not saying we execute any criminal. I am saying that there are those who deserve to die.

And I wish the same compassion could be shown for the victims of the crimes as is shown for the criminals. There is such a thing as Justice. And for some, Justice means you don't get another year older.

Yes, we should be working to make our medical system better. We should be working to make the lives of our people better.

But there are some who commit atrocities that take them beyond the limits of a society's mercy.

A perfect example: Some deviant repeat offender kidnaps a woman, rapes her, tortures her, and murders her. Now her husband and kids will never have a christmas or birthday with her again. We should let this scum have christmas and birthdays? This scum should be able to read great literature, watch the Olympics, laugh at a good joke, watch a sunset, or hope for something? No way. I am not saying we execute everyone who kills anyone. I am not saying we execute any criminal. I am saying that there are those who deserve to die.

And I wish the same compassion could be shown for the victims of the crimes as is shown for the criminals. There is such a thing as Justice. And for some, Justice means you don't get another year older.

It's wrong of you to accuse me of not having compassion for victims. Completely wrong.

Solitary, we as human being are flawed. And we're all made out of the same stuff. I'm glad that I was born with a (relatively) normal balance of chemicals and in a normal family, but that isn't true of all people. Violent people should be detained for the protection of society, but anything more than that is frivolous and unnecessary.

If anything, the only thing an execution does is force the family to think about the crime longer. Even if they did get brief pleasure from the death it isn't going to make up for the loss of their loved ones. All it's going to do is bring the death to the forefront once again. The state should just sweep the violent offender out of their lives, and they should never have to worry about him again. That's a truly compassionate stance.

I think the only time I remember supporting the death penalty was on 9/11.

Some of us seem to be predisposed to it by our birth. There's nothing at all wrong with that, it's only human. But at least be reasonable.

I think the only time I remember supporting the death penalty was on 9/11.

Some of us seem to be predisposed to it by our birth. There's nothing at all wrong with that, it's only human. But at least be reasonable.

So someone attacking for political and religious reasons should be executed, but someone who tortures, rapes, and murders for no reason should not be executed?

So someone attacking for political and religious reasons should be executed, but someone who tortures, rapes, and murders for no reason should not be executed?

I eventually decided that I didn't even support the death penalty for Osama Bin Ladin, hence the past tense.

Back