Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah

And? Many Christians don't understand Mary. I can't count the number of people who try to say Catholics "worship" Mary, which is 100% false.

They also believe that Catholics pray to Mary and to the saints. Instead, they ask for intercession. Mary and/or the saints are asked to intercede on behalf of the person requesting, with Jesus, to grant something -- a healing, forgiveness for something, etc. They don't believe that the saints have the power to do this, only that they have the ear of God.

every idle word. there is no excuse for ignorance. you damned should really quit testifying. you do have the right to remain silent. if you do not know, do not say something stupid. when you do say stupid shit; you do make yourselves antichrists [replace/ deny Christ]; enemies of Christ [ the anointed one;] the book is very clear there are two forces in creation Christ/ Jesus and [satan] /Lucifer/ "allah"

Last edited:
every idle word. there is no excuse for ignorance. you damned should really quit testifying. you do have the right to remain silent. if you do not know, do not say something stupid. when you do say stupid shit; you do make yourselves antichrists [replace/ deny Christ]; enemies of Christ [ the anointed one;] the book is very clear there are two forces in creation Christ/ Jesus and [satan] /Lucifer/ "allah"

Witnessing for Jesus: You're doing it wrong.

????.....legit question.......which you obviously don't want to answer......

Legit, really? I thought it was your usual snide rejoinder.

Praying to Mary is intercessory prayer. She's being asked to intercede to her son on our behalf. That's a far cry from worshiping her. Think of the wedding feast at Cana, Mary spoke to Jesus on behalf of the guests who had run out of wine. She interceded and her son obeyed her.

Do Protestants think Jesus wouldn't want his mother to be honored and respected? I find that strange.

You're beginning to sound more godless than saved, Gomie. Is this how bible hub teaches you to treat your fellow Christians?

They also believe that Catholics pray to Mary and to the saints. Instead, they ask for intercession. Mary and/or the saints are asked to intercede on behalf of the person requesting, with Jesus, to grant something -- a healing, forgiveness for something, etc. They don't believe that the saints have the power to do this, only that they have the ear of God.

Well stated. Pmp says he has a theology degree, he shouldn't need to be told this.

Legit, really? I thought it was your usual snide rejoinder.

Praying to Mary is intercessory prayer. She's being asked to intercede to her son on our behalf. That's a far cry from worshiping her.

is it?.....how many things do you believe are included within "worship" beyond "praying to"

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
Well stated. Pmp says he has a theology degree, he shouldn't need to be told this.

I have a theology degree......I was aware that Catholics prayed to Mary, as you were ("Praying to Mary is intercessory prayer. She's being asked to intercede to her son on our behalf").....perhaps you should have pointed out to Owl that she was wrong instead of worrying about what I have to be told......

I have a theology degree......I was aware that Catholics prayed to Mary, as you were ("Praying to Mary is intercessory prayer. She's being asked to intercede to her son on our behalf").....perhaps you should have pointed out to Owl that she was wrong instead of worrying about what I have to be told......

She said the same thing I said, she just got there first. What is your point?

What about this question, which you obviously don't want to answer? "Do Protestants think Jesus wouldn't want his mother to be honored and respected?"

An affliction of the soul? Its a personality disorder or mental illness.

Which has no known physical cause. It is the product of one's environment and how they were raised. Also, I seriously doubt that you would ever find a Christian who suffers from it. A real Christian, that is. Not someone who identifies as one.

Sociopathy is a disorder that is not fully understood, but appears to be a hardwiring (organic) issue, rather than a neurochemical disorder like bipolar disorder, clinical depression, etc. It is similar in that regard to autism, another organic brain dysfunction. It's possible that at some point in our evolution there was a survival benefit for sociopathic individuals, who were maybe more likely to survive in harsh environments if they weren't derailed by empathy and altruism. At any rate, we can't "cure" sociopathy with drugs or with shock therapy or with cognitive therapy any more than we can cure autism with those things. An individual can be taught to mimic caring and empathy, and not to act on his urges to behave in selfish and inconsiderate ways. But he's still a sociopath and always will be. Your guy here was able to do that, just as a sociopathic CEO can mimic team behaviors and positive social behaviors for the sake of his employment.

Did you watch the video I posted. He said that after he became a Christian, he no longer felt the need to hurt others. It changed his entire outlook on life. He was cured. He went to college and got a degree. He is married and has four children. He gives every indication of having been cured. By his own admission, he has completely changed from what he used to be. You can deny it all you want, but he has been cured.

from Trumpy U?

Did you watch the video I posted. He said that after he became a Christian, he no longer felt the need to hurt others. It changed his entire outlook on life. He was cured. He went to college and got a degree. He is married and has four children. He gives every indication of having been cured. By his own admission, he has completely changed from what he used to be. You can deny it all you want, but he has been cured.

what post number?

Back