defining the atheist life....

Good meatballs... no!! It's Pastafarian!

https://www.spaghettimonster.org/
The satanic bible started out as a spoof on the catholic church but their virtues somehow fit with my philosophy.

The Nine Satanic Virtues

1. Intelligence
If stupidity is the cardinal sin to avoid, intelligence is surely a virtue. A Satanist would have a natural thirst for knowledge.

2. Competency
Pride doesn't become pretension if you deliver the goods and accept responsibility for your path.

3. Acceptance
Remain keenly aware that you are strange to the herd and expect no understanding from them, even regarding rudimentary facts.

4. Self-Awareness
If you meditate on yourself, you can accept what the animal in the mirror is. Change that which is malignantly undesirable and keep what works, but if you fool yourself into thinking you could be something you're clearly not, you are set up for failure.

5. Individuality
Build an intellectual self-defense. Use it to remain unwillingly manipulated.

6. Perspective
It's part and parcel of acceptance, but on a more social level. Work on seeing the broad picture of human interactions and how others may view things. This is natural intuition.

7. Appreciation of History
Regardless of field, a key to any success will be being able to identify historical patterns.

8. Pragmatism
This is part and parcel of self-awareness, but like perspective, on a broader level. If you know your limits and abide by them, you won't be fooled by an idyllic version of reality. This requires vigilance.

9. Refined Aesthetics
Use aesthetic judgment to enhance your understanding of the world and get what you want out of it.

When I click on the image button and insert a link it doesn't allow me a way to post it.

I my defense, I am a noob.

Copy an image url link you want.
Click on the image button (you've already done that already. LOL).
Click on the tab "from URL".
Uncheck the box.
Paste the url.
BOOM.

sorry.....atheists deny the existence of deity.....denial is what distinguishes them from agnostics.......atheists want to redefine the term because they want to continue to call themselves atheists yet were embarrassed about how stupid it looked to say it is wrong to believe something that cannot be proved while saying "there is no god"........you can pretend all you want but it doesn't change anything.......it just makes you look stupid.....

You are easily one of the stupidest persons on the forum. You write at an 8th grade level.

Copy an image url link you want.
Click on the image button (you've already done that already. LOL).
Click on the tab "from URL".
Uncheck the box.
Paste the url.
BOOM.
Thanks, APL, I couldn't see the OK button.

4a2572af5301cf659279e0b1369d4aa82d90ec83_19974_660198_579x.jpg

Atheism:

"Do you believe that God exists?" "No."
"Do you believe that God doesn't exist?" "No."

Agnosticism:

"Does God exist?" "I don't know."
"Does God not exist?" "I don't know."

Interesting. But I am not describing myself using the word "agnostic." And I disagree with the nonsense that people who use the word "atheist" as a descriptor would answer "No" to the question, "Do you believe that God doesn't exist?" MOST (perhaps ALL) people who describe themselves as atheists...do, in fact, "believe" (guess, opine, suppose, accept) that this "God" does not exist...nor do any other gods.

I do not KNOW if any gods exist...AND I am not willing to make any guesses or suppositions on the matter. You may think it convenient to box agnostics into only dealing with the "knowledge" element...but many people using that descriptor also go to the "belief" question. Many (not ALL) do not do "believing" on the issue.

No apologies needed. Just curious why you found it "sad" or me "going off the edge". That is all. ;)

But yes you're right. There is no contradiction.[/QUOTE]

My apologies. I thought I was adding something to the Discussion here by noting that the 'God-Deniers' and the 'God-Believers' had something in common.
Neither Group could PROVE their position. Each Group operated solely on 'Belief'.

Yes! Which is to say, each group operates solely on their blind guesses about the existence or non-existence of gods.

The "god-deniers" are doing what the "god-believers" are doing...essentially making a blind guess on the question.

Theism has to do with belief. Gnosticism has to do with knowledge. No contradiction.

Actually theism and atheism have to do with belief. Theists and atheists "believe" (guess, suppose, accept without proof) "yes" or "no" on the question, "Are there any gods?"

Theism is a belief in God. A-theism is a lack of belief in God. No denial here.

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT!

Get over that lie...and you will begin to understand the issue.

It is a construct atheists use because they want to pretend they are not making a blind guess about the existence/non-existence of gods.

The satanic bible started out as a spoof on the catholic church but their virtues somehow fit with my philosophy.

The Nine Satanic Virtues

1. Intelligence
If stupidity is the cardinal sin to avoid, intelligence is surely a virtue. A Satanist would have a natural thirst for knowledge.

2. Competency
Pride doesn't become pretension if you deliver the goods and accept responsibility for your path.

3. Acceptance
Remain keenly aware that you are strange to the herd and expect no understanding from them, even regarding rudimentary facts.

4. Self-Awareness
If you meditate on yourself, you can accept what the animal in the mirror is. Change that which is malignantly undesirable and keep what works, but if you fool yourself into thinking you could be something you're clearly not, you are set up for failure.

5. Individuality
Build an intellectual self-defense. Use it to remain unwillingly manipulated.

6. Perspective
It's part and parcel of acceptance, but on a more social level. Work on seeing the broad picture of human interactions and how others may view things. This is natural intuition.

7. Appreciation of History
Regardless of field, a key to any success will be being able to identify historical patterns.

8. Pragmatism
This is part and parcel of self-awareness, but like perspective, on a broader level. If you know your limits and abide by them, you won't be fooled by an idyllic version of reality. This requires vigilance.

9. Refined Aesthetics
Use aesthetic judgment to enhance your understanding of the world and get what you want out of it.

Nothing at all "evil" about this advice, is there?

LaVey drew heavily from the philosophy of Ayn Rand for his own.

Actually theism and atheism have to do with belief. Theists and atheists "believe" (guess, suppose, accept without proof) "yes" or "no" on the question, "Are there any gods?"

Or, they could be like Mr. Owl, who when asked says merely that "There's no evidence for a human soul or for god(s)."

Back