Defining the Christian Life

I try to do just that in the Democratic Primary.
In the generals, I'm stuck with the party's nominee, such as it is.

Do you think that I got a chubby voting for Biden?
I never had a sexual reaction to any Democratic nominee.

On balance, Jimmy Carter is the Democratic president I would identify with on a scale of ethics and morality.

I would identify with Barack Obama as being the most effective and transformational president of my adult life.

You are anachronistically applying modern morality to people who lived in the late Bronze Age.

All human cultures 2000 years ago practiced slavery.

It was English and American Christians who were at the forefront of the slavery abolition movements of the late 18th and 19th centuries.

Well, British ones perhaps.

Well, British ones perhaps.

No question Christians in Britain led the charge for slavery abolition - over howls of protests from capitalists.

In USA Quakers, Unitarians and New England congregationslists were the tip of the spear in America's slavery abolition movement.

No question Christians in Britain led the charge for slavery abolition - over howls of protests from capitalists.

In USA Quakers, Unitarians and New England congregationslists were the tip of the spear in America's slavery abolition movement.

A high proportion of Quakers over there were 'Welsh' - see 'Welsh Tract' in Pennsylvania.

A high proportion of Quakers over there were 'Welsh' - see 'Welsh Tract' in Pennsylvania.

Good to know.

The book Uncle Tom's Cabin, at it's core, expressed a Christian indictment of slavery. The Unitarians and the Transcendentalists did heavy lifting for abolition.

Sadly, while the Southern evangelicals started the early 19th century out with moral objections to slavery, they were enlisted as co-conspirators with the southern plantation owners by mid century. I recently learned that the Haiti slave rebellion spooked southern plantation owners into becoming even more authoritarian and tyrannical over the slave population, because they feared meeting the same fate of the white Haitian plantation owners.

Good to know.

The book Uncle Tom's Cabin, at it's core, expressed a Christian indictment of slavery. The Unitarians and the Transcendentalists did heavy lifting for abolition.

Sadly, while the Southern evangelicals started the early 19th century out with moral objections to slavery, they were enlisted as co-conspirators with the southern plantation owners by mid century. I recently learned that the Haiti slave rebellion spooked southern plantation owners into becoming even more authoritarian and tyrannical over the slave population, because they feared meeting the same fate of the white Haitian plantation owners.

Interesting. Incidentally, a few years ago their was a series on Radio Cymru, in our own language, quoting hundreds of letters from 'Welsh' troops in the Union Army. It stated, whether rightly or wrongly I don't know, that the reason so many ex-slaves and their descendants carry 'Welsh' names is not that they were called after slave-owners but because a lot of the army padres who spoke Cymreig/'Welsh' as well as English were happy to preach to ex-slaves, which was apparently far from universal, so many took their names.

Interesting. Incidentally, a few years ago their was a series on Radio Cymru, in our own language, quoting hundreds of letters from 'Welsh' troops in the Union Army. It stated, whether rightly or wrongly I don't know, that the reason so many ex-slaves and their descendants carry 'Welsh' names is not that they were called after slave-owners but because a lot of the army padres who spoke Cymreig/'Welsh' as well as English were happy to preach to ex-slaves, which was apparently far from universal, so many took their names.

That is a great story I have never heard.

Our Russian Christian is entitled to his/her beliefs, and we're entitled to not share them.

Believing that a political forum is an appropriate place to broach the subject is somewhat disturbing, however,
as religious arguments are irrelevant to the subject anyplace other than a theocracy.

The fetus worshipers try to influence the laws of our land based on their religious superstitions, and since that is essentially calling for theocracy,
they should be regarded as enemies of the state and either exiled or euthanized. [Slight hyperbole to emphasize the point, although frankly, I personally feel that way.]

Nobody has placed me in charge of grading sentence structure, but saltydancin, please give us a fucking break.

With this Christian Nation SCOTUS Rehnquist’s supreme swastika up Uranus court WW II Nazi concentration camp Mengele “Angel of Death” baptize thine eyes by urinations “serve the Pope or die” sentence patriot act Reichquest makes their one nation under God with equal justice under law Islamidiotocracy of Christiananality pedophilia law grammatically correct federal perjury.

About to say the same thing.

This Christian Nation pyramid scheme of injustice where exposing the fabricated misnomer immaculate Jesus the Christ conception results in lynching enforcement department of corrections to insure then ensure their “man is God” diatribe from killing as reason in use of force to avoid Christiananality pedophilia super ego acceptance of under God at all costs.

:laugh: Love That! Bu, bu, bu ... Martin Luther King, Jr..

OK, Cypress. You can't come up with ONE thing that the 'Great Christians' represent that you care to mention. NOT ONE THING.

They certainly represent their way too dang lily brilliant white cross conditioned super egos in history. Who’d of thought there would be indicators over 40 years ago of the Catholic Church bartering Holocaust deaths for Islam oil in WW II as history will realize close to 20 years after 9/11 it’s the same business principle now with Iran’s latest nuclear problem as if the USA can survive with SCOTUS continuing granting standing to Iran as to those thieving US Constitution arsonists preceding that “man is God” burning Bush’s Arab “death to the infidels” 9/11 federal lynching health care plan patriot act of a Christian Nation national religion interpretation of under God.

Believing in something you can't see, touch, or feel. Believing in Magic. Believing in a Philosophy that was founded under Imperial Rome occupation, a Philosophy of Survival (submission to the Authorities).

'Science' would be the opposite of 'Religious Belief'. Science follow the facts, if the facts change, the science changes. Religious Belief NEVER changes. THAT'S the problem with 'Religion'.

Cypress, please go to Bethlehem, spread your Message THERE. Here in the US, we support SCIENCE.

Although there are magical aspects, believing in something beyond mortal existence is faith.

Have you noticed the similarities between the philosophy of Jesus, at least in the Bible (esp. Luke) and Buddhism? The difference between traditional rabbi teachings and the teachings of Nazareth's most famous rabbi is night and day.

Umm...facts never change. Only our perceptions of the facts change. Agreed to a large extent about religious dogma, which is not the same as faith per se. OTOH, notice how the Catholic church as evolved regarding women, minorities, gays, etc.

You might want to talk to a few JPP RWers on the "we support SCIENCE" comment because they don't.

Although there are magical aspects, believing in something beyond mortal existence is faith.

Have you noticed the similarities between the philosophy of Jesus, at least in the Bible (esp. Luke) and Buddhism? The difference between traditional rabbi teachings and the teachings of Nazareth's most famous rabbi is night and day.

Umm...facts never change. Only our perceptions of the facts change. Agreed to a large extent about religious dogma, which is not the same as faith per se. OTOH, notice how the Catholic church as evolved regarding women, minorities, gays, etc.

You might want to talk to a few JPP RWers on the "we support SCIENCE" comment because they don't.

So still continuing that master plan avoidance to Nazi Germany 1939 Kristallnacht where national archival documents were stolen & burned along with other items just as all these past decades of thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament - Declaration of Independence - Israel flags - absentee voting ballots arsonists while Federal Lynching KKK churchstate fiefdom of hate stole & burned a recently purchased National Archives US Constitution after a WW II concentration camp Mengele baptize thine eyes by urinations of a Washington, D.C. born retired WW II Pentagon staff sergeant to Ike for Rehnquist's fabricated Islam misnomer & immaculate drug conception granting standing to those burning Bush's 9/11 Arab "death to the infidels" fly carpet terrorists patriot act of "serve the Pope or die" in defining the Christian Life .

So still continuing that master plan avoidance to Nazi Germany 1939 Kristallnacht where national archival documents were stolen & burned along with other items just as all these past decades of thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament - Declaration of Independence - Israel flags - absentee voting ballots arsonists while Federal Lynching KKK churchstate fiefdom of hate stole & burned a recently purchased National Archives US Constitution after a WW II concentration camp Mengele baptize thine eyes by urinations of a Washington, D.C. born retired WW II Pentagon staff sergeant to Ike for Rehnquist's fabricated Islam misnomer & immaculate drug conception granting standing to those burning Bush's 9/11 Arab "death to the infidels" fly carpet terrorists patriot act of "serve the Pope or die" in defining the Christian Life .

I love it when someone mixes LSD with your Lithium. Great prank! Kudos. :thup:

I love it when someone mixes LSD with your Lithium. Great prank! Kudos. :thup:

That condescending arrogance of this one nation under God with equal justice under law Christian Life national religion super ego avoidance - acceptance from exposing their more perfect union crusade jihad master plan of "serve the Pope or die" & Islam "death to the infidels" in some schizoid master plan suicidal sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming as all those predominately Catholic South America illegal aliens drug invasions over decades which were just a prank ?

That condescending arrogance of this one nation under God with equal justice under law Christian Life national religion super ego avoidance - acceptance from exposing their more perfect union crusade jihad master plan of "serve the Pope or die" & Islam "death to the infidels" in some schizoid master plan suicidal sociopsychopathilogical homicidal human farming as all those predominately Catholic South America illegal aliens drug invasions over decades which were just a prank ?

Wow. That's some long lasting acid. Was it the Brown Acid?

Back