Defining the Christian Life

You asked why I complain about you promoting 'Christianity'. I gave you my reasoning. Do I need to repeat it.
You are PROMOTING 'Closed-Mindedness', 'Thought Control', 'Conformity'. NOTHING that America, the West, or Modern People support.

I've asked you what qualities do you see in these people and Christianity. So far, you haven't been able to articulate ONE thing. Leaving the impression that you simply Google some names of famous Religious People, post them, and hope others will associate YOU with THEM ... secretly hoping others will assume you are Intellectual Giant.

(I've told you I'm an Agnostic (not Atheist), so I don't spend a lot of time discussing Demons, Spirits, Magic, AfterLife, Dreams, or Gods)

I do not think you have to worry about me providing unintended comfort and safe Harbor to JPP bible thumping Jihadists.

I do not have that kind of influence.

And whatever working knowlege I have managed to acquire about Christianity it allows me to excoriate them on not only their own lack of knowlege about their own faith, but to also school them on how unrepresentative the biblical literalism of their Protestant fundamentalism is in view of world Christianity taken as a whole.

You asked why I complain about you promoting 'Christianity'. I gave you my reasoning. Do I need to repeat it.
You are PROMOTING 'Closed-Mindedness', 'Thought Control', 'Conformity'. NOTHING that America, the West, or Modern People support.

I've asked you what qualities do you see in these people and Christianity. So far, you haven't been able to articulate ONE thing. Leaving the impression that you simply Google some names of famous Religious People, post them, and hope others will associate YOU with THEM ... secretly hoping others will assume you are Intellectual Giant.

(I've told you I'm an Agnostic (not Atheist), so I don't spend a lot of time discussing Demons, Spirits, Magic, AfterLife, Dreams, or Gods)

^^ Triggered!

Earth really IS the center of the universe?

It was not stupid to believe the Earth was the center of the universe at that time.

Based on the physics known at that time, it was perfectly reasonable to conclude the Earth was at the center.

Measurements of optical parallax seemed to indicate Earth was at the center.

The laws of inertia were not understood then. Without an understanding of inertia, it seemed impossible that the Earth could be spinning around at thousands of miles per hour.

^^ Triggered!

:) Unable to provide ONE worthwhile Principle that your 'Great Christians' possess.
(Look, for future use in your Promotion of Christianity: "Jesus is Love, ... and if you don't believe me, I will kill you!". You can't go wrong with this, Cypress. ALWAYS a Winner here at JPP) :thumbsup:

Slavery is in the Bible, where's the Problem?

You are anachronistically applying modern morality to people who lived in the late Bronze Age.

All human cultures 2000 years ago practiced slavery.

It was English and American Christians who were at the forefront of the slavery abolition movements of the late 18th and 19th centuries.

Thought burning people at the Stake was a cool way to get people to accept your point of view?

You are having to hop in your time machine to time travel back 600 years to complain about a immoral crimes committed in the 15th century.

I can list the crimes against humanity the State Atheism of communism committed only 50 to 70 years ago.

You are having to hop in your time machine to time travel back 600 years to complain about a immoral crimes committed in the 15th century.

I can list the crimes against humanity the State Atheism of communism committed only 50 to 70 years ago.

:) But ... still NOTHING about the 'Great Christians' you are Promoting?

:) But ... still NOTHING about the 'Great Christians' you are Promoting?
It is not required to write about why Martin Luther King Jr. and Mother Teresa are admirable. It is self evident.

If weren't trolling and were actually intellectually curious, I might invest the time to articulate what I find admirable in Martin Luther, Augustine, Boethius, et al.

State Atheism - worst atheist regimes:

Soviet Union: murder of hundreds of thousands of priests, deacons, Christian laypersons in the name of State atheism. Widespread oppression and arrests of Orthodox Christians, Muslims, Baptists.

Khmer Rouge: Murder of tens of thousands of Buddhist monks and laypersons.

Communist China: Destruction of Buddhist temples, Christian churches, widespread oppression of religious minorities.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...-Regimes-the-worst-ones&p=4336554#post4336554

It is not required to write about why Martin Luther King Jr. and Mother Teresa are admirable. It is self evident.

If weren't trolling and were actually intellectually curious, I might invest the time to articulate what I find admirable in Martin Luther, Augustine, Boethius, et al.

State Atheism - worst atheist regimes:

Soviet Union: murder of hundreds of thousands of priests, deacons, Christian laypersons in the name of State atheism. Widespread oppression and arrests of Orthodox Christians, Muslims, Baptists.

Khmer Rouge: Murder of tens of thousands of Buddhist monks and laypersons.

Communist China: Destruction of Buddhist temples, Christian churches, widespread oppression of religious minorities.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...-Regimes-the-worst-ones&p=4336554#post4336554

:laugh: Love That! Bu, bu, bu ... Martin Luther King, Jr..

OK, Cypress. You can't come up with ONE thing that the 'Great Christians' represent that you care to mention. NOT ONE THING.

:laugh: Love That! Bu, bu, bu ... Martin Luther King, Jr..

OK, Cypress. You can't come up with ONE thing that the 'Great Christians' represent that you care to mention. NOT ONE THING.

Misrepresenting what I said. I said I would be willing to invest my time writing some of my opinion on Martin Luther, Boethius, Augustine with someone who was intellectually serious and not just trolling.

Sidebar: next time you want to yuck it up about how stupid Medieval people were for believing in a geocentric universe, I suggest you acquire a working knowlege of the history of science before you let your ego get carried away.

Medieval scholars were not stupid. They valued reason and logic. Aristotle (the father of logic) and Avicenna were their favorite philosophers.

But they did not yet understand the laws of inertia - and that combined with the lack of stellar parallax made it seem that a heliocentric universe just would not conform to the laws of physics as they knew them at that time.

Back