Dems smack Obama for Gitmo fumbles

I Brought it up it is right there in the thread, I felt it was important enough to talk about, as for friends tell me who are my friends here?

As for dealing with it , sure np. OOO well whatever :rolleyes:

I have no problems with you bringing the topic up, apparently you thought it was important to the discussion. However when I replied, your friends pretended it was me injecting the subject of race and accusing me, stupidly, overtly and by insinuation of being a racist. One didn't have the guts to reply for all to see, rather, sending me a private message. I have no need to discuss anything at all with those on so minimal an intellectual level.
Yes, I disagreed with you on your opinion, but if I can't discuss them with you in a civil way, then there is no need for any discussion at all about anything.
I will leave on just this one thought about racism in the context you used. I remember the time in the South when restrooms, drinking fountains, and lunch counters displayed "Whites Only" or "No Coloreds" signs. That said, if after 300years of what Blacks went through in the US, a Black man was chosen to become a party's candidate for the Presidencty, I can understand completely their excitement over the prospect of one of their own becoming President. I would say the same for Green men or even White men if, God forbid, our histories were parallel.
Now, bring on the racist accusations.

I have no problems with you bringing the topic up, apparently you thought it was important to the discussion. However when I replied, your friends pretended it was me injecting the subject of race and accusing me, stupidly, overtly and by insinuation of being a racist. One didn't have the guts to reply for all to see, rather, sending me a private message. I have no need to discuss anything at all with those on so minimal an intellectual level.
Yes, I disagreed with you on your opinion, but if I can't discuss them with you in a civil way, then there is no need for any discussion at all about anything.
I will leave on just this one thought about racism in the context you used. I remember the time in the South when restrooms, drinking fountains, and lunch counters displayed "Whites Only" or "No Coloreds" signs. That said, if after 300years of what Blacks went through in the US, a Black man was chosen to become a party's candidate for the Presidencty, I can understand completely their excitement over the prospect of one of their own becoming President. I would say the same for Green men or even White men if, God forbid, our histories were parallel.
Now, bring on the racist accusations.

I went back I only seen one reply with a racist remark and it looked like you straightened it out, but in case ya didn't I did,I posted that it was I that brought it up not you, so I guess that makes me UN civil, OK then, I do agree with you that blacks would and should be excited that a black man has gotten in, but it might also be a good idea to know who his running mate is, I also said Obama's book had references to his grandmother being a typical white woman and asked if I would be a racist If I said Sharpton was a typical black person, funny you didn't reply to any of that, I wonder if maybe the easiest way to answer is to simply TRY to insult and call people UN civil when ya don't have a answer?

I went back I only seen one reply with a racist remark and it looked like you straightened it out, but in case ya didn't I did,I posted that it was I that brought it up not you, so I guess that makes me UN civil, OK then, I do agree with you that blacks would and should be excited that a black man has gotten in, but it might also be a good idea to know who his running mate is, I also said Obama's book had references to his grandmother being a typical white woman and asked if I would be a racist If I said Sharpton was a typical black person, funny you didn't reply to any of that, I wonder if maybe the easiest way to answer is to simply TRY to insult and call people UN civil when ya don't have a answer?

Last things first. I have respect for you that, while expressing your viewpoint, you don't resort to insults or name-calling, at least until now. I told you the second reply was sent by some coward in a private message. If I said something that insulted you, please let me know what it was because if I did, it was inadvertent. I certainly didn't call you uncivil. Regarding Obama's remark about his grandmother, I probably don't see it as earth shattering as do you, remember, he is also 1/2 White. My mother was also a "typical white woman". Sharfton is the wrong example, he's had people of all races making comments about him for years and he's hardly typical. I'm not sure what you mean by knowing who his running mate was.

Belme is just baiting you. He's good at that, so don't fall for it.

Belme is just baiting you. He's good at that, so don't fall for it.

Yes I see that and he will win in a debate, I just simply try to tell my side, I am not real concerned in trying to sway anyone to my way of thinking.

Belma I didn't resort to name calling and besides I don't know you enough to do so,

But telling someone they can't have a civil conversation with them is not a insult??

NO Obam's remarks aren't earth shattering but could you of imagined GW saying any ( yes Sharpton was a bad example)black man was typical, it would of immediately hit the media as he is a racist,as we would be labeled if we said that about any black man, and I don't know you, maybe you are black, but if you had said I was a typical white man you would of gotten more than 2 replies in that case I am sure, but it is OK for Obama???

Knowing his running mate is simple, I had posted it in here(guess this is where the baiting is taken over) it started on Howard Stern ( a idiot I know but a funny idiot)he sent a reporter down on the streets of NY and asked blacks at random what they thought of Obama's running mate Sarah Palin , they said she is great they will work great together, OK so my first thought was Stern picked a few bums off the street , but then one of the late night shows had it on tv, interviewing some in suits going to work and there response was the same, so again I ask shouldn't ya at least know Obama's running mate in order to even be able to vote?

And lets not forget that famous interview the day after he won with the woman in NYC saying woo hoo he is in I won't have to pay my bills no more, LOL.

Know I don't see where I was un civil at all here , and as far as friends here Tu TU welcomed me to the board, does that qualify us as friends?? I would like to think I can be as friendly with everyone on the board

Oh, please.

If you have to warn somebody about Belme, of all people, you must be really, really frightened that your pals won't be able to keep up. :help: :cof1:

I actually think Belme is a very smart person , I was enjoying talking with him. TU TU didn't need to warn me of nothing, as you can see when he first said something about race I immediately posted that I brought it up, but that wasn't good enough he then had to tell me he wouldn't speak to UN CIVIL person( or the likes of that) then came back with more questions, I still respect Belmes opinion but I do feel he was setting me up, but funny thing is if just say as ya feel ya can't be set up :)

by the way I see steeler nation I know that ya can't be a steelers fan:p

Yes I see that and he will win in a debate, I just simply try to tell my side, I am not real concerned in trying to sway anyone to my way of thinking.

Belma I didn't resort to name calling and besides I don't know you enough to do so,

But telling someone they can't have a civil conversation with them is not a insult??

NO Obam's remarks aren't earth shattering but could you of imagined GW saying any ( yes Sharpton was a bad example)black man was typical, it would of immediately hit the media as he is a racist,as we would be labeled if we said that about any black man, and I don't know you, maybe you are black, but if you had said I was a typical white man you would of gotten more than 2 replies in that case I am sure, but it is OK for Obama???

Knowing his running mate is simple, I had posted it in here(guess this is where the baiting is taken over) it started on Howard Stern ( a idiot I know but a funny idiot)he sent a reporter down on the streets of NY and asked blacks at random what they thought of Obama's running mate Sarah Palin , they said she is great they will work great together, OK so my first thought was Stern picked a few bums off the street , but then one of the late night shows had it on tv, interviewing some in suits going to work and there response was the same, so again I ask shouldn't ya at least know Obama's running mate in order to even be able to vote?

And lets not forget that famous interview the day after he won with the woman in NYC saying woo hoo he is in I won't have to pay my bills no more, LOL.

Know I don't see where I was un civil at all here , and as far as friends here Tu TU welcomed me to the board, does that qualify us as friends?? I would like to think I can be as friendly with everyone on the board

Point by Point;
It is not my intent to change your opinion or win a debate. It is to discuss viewpoints, how I reached mine and how I differ from yours and how I came to my opinion. If you or someone else is mistaken in their facts or is trying to mislead me, I will bring the mistake to light. If you or anyone else can tell me why my conclusion is mistaken, I invite them to do so as long as it is from fact and not political, partisan talking points from some political hack.
Rest assured, I would not have joined you in discusssion if I thought it would be a pointless excercise as in some cases. Please note, when the topic included race in my reply to you, TuTu immediately accused me of racist paranoia, from her that's a joke. However in my reply to her, on topic in her own thread she said nothing regarding Holder/Alexander. The other acquaintance in a private post called me a "racist liar" for my reply to you. I invite you to re-read that reply and see if it qualifies as racist. Maybe it was a case of the bigot calling me a bigot? It was them I was referring to as uncivil because I preferred to no longer discuss race in order to avoid even more vitriol. What I said previously about the matter will have to stand,
I don't have any idea about anything H. Stern does, I'm not a fan. If you mean a certain amount of people couldn't name Biden as the VP choice, I'm not surprised, but I don't believe that's a racist thing. I lived in the Appalachian Piedmont for years and I can assure you a good portion of the folks there would also not recognise the name Cheney, even now. It's an educational, social thing, not racial.
You can be as friendly with anybody on the board you want, that goes without saying. I hope someday, maybe, even though our politics are different, you can call me a friend also. You will find that it isn't my style to call anyone names, revert to vulgarity, or attempt to insult them. It is discussion I enjoy not childish games. Now PLEASE, no more conversation about me.

Last edited:
Oh, please yourself. You know very well he treats Conservatives much differently than his far-left buddies with his condescending attitude and obvious intimidation tactics.

Oh, please.

If you have to warn somebody about Belme, of all people, you must be really, really frightened that your pals won't be able to keep up. :help: :cof1:

Point by Point;
It is not my intent to change your opinion or win a debate. It is to discuss viewpoints, how I reached mine and how I differ from yours and how I came to my opinion. If you or someone else is mistaken in their facts or is trying to mislead me, I will bring the mistake to light. If you nor anyone else can tell me why my conclusion is mistaken, I invite them to do so as long as it is from fact and not political, partisan talking points from some political hack.
Rest assured, I would not have joined you in discusssion if I thought it would be a pointless excercise as in some cases. Please note, when the topic included race in my reply to you, TuTu immediately accused me of racist paranoia, from her that's a joke. However in my reply to her, on topic in her own thread she said nothing regarding Holder/Alexander. The other acquaintance in a private post called me a "racist liar" for my reply to you. I invite you to re-read that reply and see if it qualifies as racist. Maybe it was a case of the bigot calling me a bigot? It was them I was referring to as uncivil because I preferred to no longer discuss race in order to avoid even more vitriol. What I said previously about the matter will have to stand,
I don't have any idea about anything H. Stern does, I'm not a fan. If you mean a certain amount of people couldn't name Biden as the VP choice, I'm not surprised, but I don't believe that's a racist thing. I lived in the Appalachian Piedmont for years and I can assure you a good portion of the folks there would also not recognise the name Cheney, even now. It's an educational, social thing, not racial.
You can be as friendly with anybody on the board you want, that goes without saying. I hope someday, maybe, even though our politics are different, you can call me a friend also. You will find that it isn't my style to call anyone names, revert to vulgarity, or attempt to insult them. It is discussion I enjoy not childish games. Now PLEASE, no more conversation about me.

I have tried in every way I know to show you I am not trying to play games but talk to you, I have posted so others would know it was I not you that brought up race (and by the way the late show also showed this on tv,so not liking Stern has little to do with the facts) But I do thank you for clearing up the Civil thing cause I felt I was, as for you and anybody else on the board that is between Y'all.

As for your last line , if I didn't act un civil to you and I may call you friend( as I had hoped) why ask for no more conversation? I Again you seem very intelligent to me but this makes no sense, and by the way I love speaking to others with different opinions cause allot of times I learn something, usally not but sometimes.:) Have a good one

I have tried in every way I know to show you I am not trying to play games but talk to you, I have posted so others would know it was I not you that brought up race (and by the way the late show also showed this on tv,so not liking Stern has little to do with the facts) But I do thank you for clearing up the Civil thing cause I felt I was, as for you and anybody else on the board that is between Y'all.

As for your last line , if I didn't act un civil to you and I may call you friend( as I had hoped) why ask for no more conversation? I Again you seem very intelligent to me but this makes no sense, and by the way I love speaking to others with different opinions cause allot of times I learn something, usally not but sometimes.:) Have a good one

I asked for no more converstion 'about me'. I will learn nothing from it and nothing you learn about me will change your life very much either. All other worthwhile conversation is still on the table to be explored. You have a good one too.

First of all, I never accused you of a damn thing. It's a fact the left is always bringing race into a subject and that WE are the racists, especially now that Obama is President.

AND

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS ALL ABOUT??????????????

The other acquaintance in a private post called me a "racist liar" for my reply to you.

Point by Point;
It is not my intent to change your opinion or win a debate. It is to discuss viewpoints, how I reached mine and how I differ from yours and how I came to my opinion. If you or someone else is mistaken in their facts or is trying to mislead me, I will bring the mistake to light. If you nor anyone else can tell me why my conclusion is mistaken, I invite them to do so as long as it is from fact and not political, partisan talking points from some political hack.

Did he ever answer your question? He owes it to you after those insults he made.

I Brought it up it is right there in the thread, I felt it was important enough to talk about, as for friends tell me who are my friends here?

As for dealing with it , sure np. OOO well whatever :rolleyes:

I actually think Belme is a very smart person , I was enjoying talking with him. TU TU didn't need to warn me of nothing, as you can see when he first said something about race I immediately posted that I brought it up, but that wasn't good enough he then had to tell me he wouldn't speak to UN CIVIL person( or the likes of that) then came back with more questions, I still respect Belmes opinion but I do feel he was setting me up, but funny thing is if just say as ya feel ya can't be set up :)

by the way I see steeler nation I know that ya can't be a steelers fan:p

Who on God's green earth could NOT be a Steelers fan? :eek:

Back