Destruction of the modern Republican party!

Jarod

Contributor
Huckleberry wins Iowa...

What a joke the Republican have become. This shows how pittifull they are and how beholden they are to the evangelicals.

I predict the emergence of a very strong 3rd party if Huckleberry is the Republcan nominee.

Just read an article about wall street republicans, 60% think the dems will win in 08. they are toast

Huckleberry wins Iowa...

What a joke the Republican have become. This shows how pittifull they are and how beholden they are to the evangelicals.

I predict the emergence of a very strong 3rd party if Huckleberry is the Republcan nominee.

It's one state. Not every state is like Iowa. Huckleberry will not win shit from here on out. He has absolutely no chance.

Huckleberry wins Iowa...

1) Iowa is more religious in orientation than most states, they are going to lean hard for whomever they deem "most Christian".... Huckabee winning there means little.

2) Wait till the 5th... he will get his ass kicked on super tuesday.

3) I hate when the networks project winners when only 15% have reported. I know statistically it is possible to do it within an acceptable margin of error.... but it is still annoying. Let the state report finish its reporting. This "I have to be first to project the winner" crap is getting old. We can see the numbers..... Do they really win new viewers or advertisers by doing this? Or is it simply for ego.

Huckleberry wins Iowa...

He isn't going to be the nominee. He may make a strong showing in South Carolina, but he won't win any real Primary.

1) Iowa is more religious in orientation than most states, they are going to lean hard for whomever they deem "most Christian".... Huckabee winning there means little.

2) Wait till the 5th... he will get his ass kicked on super tuesday.

3) I hate when the networks project winners when only 15% have reported. I know statistically it is possible to do it within an acceptable margin of error.... but it is still annoying. Let the state report finish its reporting. This "I have to be first to project the winner" crap is getting old. We can see the numbers..... Do they really win new viewers or advertisers by doing this? Or is it simply for ego.
The caucus system is basically designed so that the most activist among them wins. In the R Party that is usually the RR. Their Christian Credentials is where these people are voting. Hence his ads with the floating cross/book shelf...

Huckleberry wins Iowa...

I seriously doubt he can win.

He may not win, but Guliani was nowhere. I don't think Romney can win either but I can't wait for the argument that Mcain or Rudy are looking good.

Huckleberry wins Iowa...

the party of Theocrats

He may not win, but Guliani was nowhere. I don't think Romney can win either but I can't wait for the argument that Mcain or Rudy are looking good.

Um... of course Rudy was nowhere, he hardly campaigned in Iowa. He knows he cannot win there. NH will come down to McCain and Romney. Rudy won't make a big splash until Florida.

Um... of course Rudy was nowhere, he hardly campaigned in Iowa. He knows he cannot win there. NH will come down to McCain and Romney. Rudy won't make a big splash until Florida.

Dude, perception is nearly everything in politics.

If Rudy comes in fourth and fifth place in Iowa, NH, and S. Carolina, he's going to look like a loser, and he'll crater in florida too.

People have Romney figured out: a phony game show host with magic underwear. This blowout was bad, real bad for him. Especially after spending 20 million, or whatever, in iowa.

If he craters in New Hampshire, McCain by default is going the be the firewall that stops Huckabee. The republican wall street money will pour everything they have into McCain.

You guys go ahead and make fun of Huckabee. You are probably right but I am enjoying this very much. Just watched his victory speech (after John Edwards gave a "victory" speech and he didn't even win) and the wife and I are enjoying watching the news guys trying to figure it all out. Great stuff.

Im enjoying it too.

Its fun to watch the religious right bite the republican party in the ass.

Huckleberry wins Iowa...

Anyone remember Buchannan?

Yeah...

The caucus system is basically designed so that the most activist among them wins. In the R Party that is usually the RR. Their Christian Credentials is where these people are voting. Hence his ads with the floating cross/book shelf...

Republicans caucus by secret ballot. It isn't like the Democratic caucus. Actually, I'm not sure why they even call it a caucus, if it's by secret ballot.

Back