Devastating poll numbers for Trump

floridafan

Verified User
Donald Trump may have finally reached a tipping point with voters after his fourth indictment, and MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said Republicans were "quietly panicking" about their 2024 chances.

The "Morning Joe" host pointed to new poll numbers that show few Americans believe he did nothing wrong.

"This is what Republicans have quietly been panicking about," Scarborough said. "You look at these numbers -- 64 percent in the [Associated Press] poll, 64 percent say they're not going to support Trump next year. I actually saw people connected with Mitch McConnell and other Republicans tweeting that out, that this is devastating. That's who the Republicans are moving towards putting up. He has a 33-percent approval rating, a favorable rating in that poll. The majority believe what he did was illegal, and there are so many other polls that came out yesterday that are showing the same thing. Independents breaking dramatically away from Donald Trump.

Polls found voters are most hostile to Trump for his actions in Georgia than the election interference case brought by special counsel Jack Smith, and even more voters believe he broke the law by hoarding classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

The polls also found 64 percent of Americans say they would not support Trump for a second term, while 54 percent say he threatened democracy itself, and Scarborough said very few people believe his actions were merely unethical.

trump tried to lose in '16, but even screwed that up. Now he HAS to win in order to avoid prison.

That aside, trump views elections as money making opportunities. Nothing more.

He views being in office as a way to sell foreign/domestic policy to the highest bidder.

Donald Trump may have finally reached a tipping point with voters after his fourth indictment, and MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said Republicans were "quietly panicking" about their 2024 chances.

The "Morning Joe" host pointed to new poll numbers that show few Americans believe he did nothing wrong.

"This is what Republicans have quietly been panicking about," Scarborough said. "You look at these numbers -- 64 percent in the [Associated Press] poll, 64 percent say they're not going to support Trump next year. I actually saw people connected with Mitch McConnell and other Republicans tweeting that out, that this is devastating. That's who the Republicans are moving towards putting up. He has a 33-percent approval rating, a favorable rating in that poll. The majority believe what he did was illegal, and there are so many other polls that came out yesterday that are showing the same thing. Independents breaking dramatically away from Donald Trump.

Polls found voters are most hostile to Trump for his actions in Georgia than the election interference case brought by special counsel Jack Smith, and even more voters believe he broke the law by hoarding classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago resort.

The polls also found 64 percent of Americans say they would not support Trump for a second term, while 54 percent say he threatened democracy itself, and Scarborough said very few people believe his actions were merely unethical.

I'm curious.....there's no link and a glance at RCP doesn't show any approval polls from the Associated Press in the last three months......do you have a link to give some context to your post?......

The right wing fanatic Republicans are the only ones who will support Trump.
We've been saying it for a long time, but now polling reflects just that.

Independents decide all elections, but I have to wonder if sane Republicans will just vote down ballot again?

I'd like to read the article where you found this info, can you link us up? Meanwhile, even Fox's own polling shows trouble for #TRE45ON:

Majority of voters think Trump ‘did something illegal:’ poll

The same poll revealed a drop in the number of voters who think the Department of Justice’s “treatment” of the former president “is politically motivated,” from 55 percent in June to 51 percent this month. Parallel to those findings, there was a rise in those who said the DOJ’s actions against the former president are not “politically motivated.”

Looks like Fox's messaging -- "It's a political witch hunt by Biden" -- is failing. :laugh:

We've been saying it for a long time, but now polling reflects just that.

Independents decide all elections, but I have to wonder if sane Republicans will just vote down ballot again?

Unfortunately "sane Republicans" are in the minority, but I certainly hope that they do vote for someone besides Crazy Trump.

I dunno who our candidate will be. One thing's for sure, I ain't votin' for Biden (or whoever the Dems run).

Unfortunately "sane Republicans" are in the minority, but I certainly hope that they do vote for someone besides Crazy Trump.
In '20, they either voted for Biden, or didn't vote for POTUS. Which explains why Biden smashed trump, but Dems didn't make huge gains down ballot.

He says he's still running, doesn't he? We'll see I guess. Even if it is Trump, I'm still voting for him. It's the policies.

He says a lot of things that aren't true ..lol.. I will vote Republican as well...no question... not a bit of hesitation...

The Magatards on this post seem to be feeling quite glum, at the news that their Fuhrer is going down the poop chute.

trump tried to lose in '16, but even screwed that up. Now he HAS to win in order to avoid prison.

That aside, trump views elections as money making opportunities. Nothing more.

He views being in office as a way to sell foreign/domestic policy to the highest bidder.

A president pardoning himself has never been tested constitutionally, and I doubt that is what the framers of the constitution intended.

He says he's still running, doesn't he? We'll see I guess. Even if it is Trump, I'm still voting for him. It's the policies.

Do you like Trump trying to destroy NATO? Do you like his tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations that grew the debt bigly? Do you like his unilateral ending of the Iran nuke deal? Do you like his moving away from our long-term allies and growing closer to dictators? Do you like his destruction of environmental laws?
He inherited a growing economy from Obama and stalled it. Then his incompetence in handling Covid made a real mess.
I guess a scofflaw president appeals to you. Screw the law, make as much money as you can.

Last edited:
Back