Dick Cheney Was Right

Cancel7

Banned
First, I think it's important to read the words of someone who knew Dr. Tiller because they were tragically in need of his services as a doctor:

"In 1994 my wife and I found out that she was pregnant. The pregnancy was difficult and unusually uncomfortable but her doctor repeatedly told her things were fine. Sometime early in the 8th month my wife, an RN who at the time was working in an infertility clinic asked the Dr. she was working for what he thought of her discomfort. He examined her and said that he couldn’t be certain but thought that she might be having twins. We were thrilled and couldn’t wait to get a new sonogram that hopefully would confirm his thoughts. Two days later our joy was turned to unspeakable sadness when the new sonogram showed conjoined twins. Conjoined twins alone is not what was so difficult but the way they were joined meant that at best only one child would survive the surgery to separate them and the survivor would more than likely live a brief and painful life filled with surgery and organ transplants. We were advised that our options were to deliver into the world a child who’s life would be filled with horrible pain and suffering or fly out to Wichita Kansas and to terminate the pregnancy under the direction of Dr. George Tiller.

We made an informed decision to go to Kansas. One can only imagine the pain borne by a woman who happily carries a child for 8 months only to find out near the end of term that the children were not to be and that she had to make the decision to terminate the pregnancy and go against everything she had been taught to believe was right. This was what my wife had to do. Dr. Tiller is a true American hero. The nightmare of our decision and the aftermath was only made bearable by the warmth and compassion of Dr. Tiller and his remarkable staff. Dr. Tiller understood that this decision was the most difficult thing that a woman could ever decide and he took the time to educate us and guide us along with the other two couples who at the time were being forced to make the same decision after discovering that they too were carrying children impacted by horrible fetal anomalies. I could describe in great detail the procedures and the pain and suffering that everyone is subjected to in these situations. However, that is not the point of the post. We can all imagine that this is not something that we would wish on anyone. The point is that the pain and suffering were only mitigated by the compassion and competence of Dr. George Tiller and his staff. We are all diminished today for a host of reasons but most of all because a man of great compassion and courage has been lost to the world."

There are many more stories like this which will be coming out over the next weeks. As some may already know, third-trimester abortions represent a very miniscule number of abortions performed and they end the pregnancies of women whose doctors determine would suffer irreparable harm by giving birth.

A lot of people shoot off their mouths as if they know something about this, the greatest example being Bill O'Reilly. Sadly, a few loathsome women join him. I pity those women more than anything.

All of that given, it's time for the left to face a very disturbing fact. Dick Cheney was right.

Dick Cheney was right to say that terrorists would attack in this country again, because Obama is soft on terrorists. The facts are clear; the last abortion doctor was murdered in a terrorist attack on American soil under Bill Clinton, during a wave of clinic-bombings and armed attacks on doctors during the 1990's.

Not one doctor was murdered when George Bush was President. Read that again: Not one doctor was murdered under George W Bush.

Yet only months into the Obama administration the terrorists have struck again.

Any person that the terrorist had contact with over the past 6 months must be taken into custody and questioned. We know that appeasing these terrorists leads only to waves of clinic-bombings and more dead doctors, as we had during the 1990's. In fact, it is clear from that history that the assassination of Dr. Tiller is only the start. And we do not know when the next attack will occur, we only know that it will occur. This is absolutely a ticking time bomb scenario.

Anyone who ever knew this terrorist must be wiretapped. Any associates of this terrorist must be taken into custody for enhanced questioning. Waterboarding, stress positions and sexual humiliation must be employed until we find out from where and when the next attack is planned. Anyone who gives any verbal aid whatsoever to this terrorist must be put on the terrorist watch list.

Squeeze them till they squeal. American lives are at stake. And I am 100% in support of this, and 100% serious.

It's time to get tough on terrorists.

yeah, thats exactly who cheney was talking about :rolleyes:

does this act even meet the legal definition of terrorism? looks an awful like like a 1st degree murder....

yeah, thats exactly who cheney was talking about :rolleyes:

does this act even meet the legal definition of terrorism? looks an awful like like a 1st degree murder....

I am curious, counselor...what IS the "legal" definition of terrorism?

First, I think it's important to read the words of someone who knew Dr. Tiller because they were tragically in need of his services as a doctor:

"In 1994 my wife and I found out that she was pregnant. The pregnancy was difficult and unusually uncomfortable but her doctor repeatedly told her things were fine. Sometime early in the 8th month my wife, an RN who at the time was working in an infertility clinic asked the Dr. she was working for what he thought of her discomfort. He examined her and said that he couldn’t be certain but thought that she might be having twins. We were thrilled and couldn’t wait to get a new sonogram that hopefully would confirm his thoughts. Two days later our joy was turned to unspeakable sadness when the new sonogram showed conjoined twins. Conjoined twins alone is not what was so difficult but the way they were joined meant that at best only one child would survive the surgery to separate them and the survivor would more than likely live a brief and painful life filled with surgery and organ transplants. We were advised that our options were to deliver into the world a child who’s life would be filled with horrible pain and suffering or fly out to Wichita Kansas and to terminate the pregnancy under the direction of Dr. George Tiller.

We made an informed decision to go to Kansas. One can only imagine the pain borne by a woman who happily carries a child for 8 months only to find out near the end of term that the children were not to be and that she had to make the decision to terminate the pregnancy and go against everything she had been taught to believe was right. This was what my wife had to do. Dr. Tiller is a true American hero. The nightmare of our decision and the aftermath was only made bearable by the warmth and compassion of Dr. Tiller and his remarkable staff. Dr. Tiller understood that this decision was the most difficult thing that a woman could ever decide and he took the time to educate us and guide us along with the other two couples who at the time were being forced to make the same decision after discovering that they too were carrying children impacted by horrible fetal anomalies. I could describe in great detail the procedures and the pain and suffering that everyone is subjected to in these situations. However, that is not the point of the post. We can all imagine that this is not something that we would wish on anyone. The point is that the pain and suffering were only mitigated by the compassion and competence of Dr. George Tiller and his staff. We are all diminished today for a host of reasons but most of all because a man of great compassion and courage has been lost to the world."

There are many more stories like this which will be coming out over the next weeks. As some may already know, third-trimester abortions represent a very miniscule number of abortions performed and they end the pregnancies of women whose doctors determine would suffer irreparable harm by giving birth.

A lot of people shoot off their mouths as if they know something about this, the greatest example being Bill O'Reilly. Sadly, a few loathsome women join him. I pity those women more than anything.

So, just to understand their situation.... Had their conjoined twins (which could not be detected until the eigth month) been born:

1) One of the twins would die
2) That should the other survive, it would be likely to have to go through multiple surgeries and even then it may die.
3) The second twin, should it survive, would most likely have experienced 'horrible pain and suffering'

so the parents solution was to fly to Kansas and:

Scramble the brains of both of their kids... so that they could both die while experiencing 'horrible pain and suffering'.

Such good parents.... they saved money by not having surgeries.... total class

Here ya go, rightwingers with guns are a lot madder under dems even though nothing changed.
nazi republicans with guns kill people, not the guns.

why don't you tell me what criminal code he would be convicted of for terrorism preacher....if you can't find it, you have your answer

Hmmm:

the term ‘domestic terrorism’ means activities that—

(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

(B) appear to be intended—

(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

Seems to fit to me.

wow, talk about overbroad.

involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

so any criminal act dangerous to human life is domestic terrorism.

that should make the san antonio dude who shot a cell phone thief a hero, since the guy was getting ready to race his truck down the street fleeing from the cell phone owner.

where is the intent or appearance to intimidate the civilian population or any other acts listed under (B)

this statute seems overbroad, vague, ambigious and i would argue therefore unconstitutional

wow, talk about overbroad.

so any criminal act dangerous to human life is domestic terrorism.

that should make the san antonio dude who shot a cell phone thief a hero, since the guy was getting ready to race his truck down the street fleeing from the cell phone owner.

Would that include, oh I don't know, murdering unborn children?

Would that include, oh I don't know, murdering unborn children?

Roe V Wade is the law of the land.

Utilizing threats, physical and verbal intimidation, and murder, to shut down abortion clinics, or to instill fear in women so that they do not go to one, is terrorism.

Period.

Take your abortion is murder shit to the 17 other abortion is murder shit threads you have going SF. You are turning into a one note wonder. Is there anything about this you haven't already said 50 times? No. Give it a rest, we all know you are one of the extremists.

Utilizing threats, physical and verbal intimidation, and murder, to shut down abortion clinics, or to instill fear in women so that they do not go to one, is terrorism.

Period.

Take your abortion is murder shit to the 17 other abortion is murder shit threads you have going SF. You are turning into a one note wonder. Is there anything about this you haven't already said 50 times? No. Give it a rest, we all know you are one of the extremists.

1) I agree that it is indeed terrorism to blow up abortion clinics or murder doctors as in this case. Total agreement on that point.

2) If you don't want to hear me talk about abortion, then perhaps you shouldn't start threads on.... ABORTION.

3) Being the 'law of the land' makes it LEGAL. It does not make it RIGHT nor does it change the fact that it is indeed MURDER. Especially what this abhorent piece of shit it Wichita was doing.

4) I notice you didn't bother with my response to the entire idiocy of your original 'heartfelt story' of how the parents spared their kids pain and death by killing them. But hey, they did save on health costs. So they got that going for them.

Period.

Also note... not one of the other threads did I bring abortion into the discussion. That was your troll apple that did so.

1) I agree that it is indeed terrorism to blow up abortion clinics or murder doctors as in this case. Total agreement on that point.

2) If you don't want to hear me talk about abortion, then perhaps you shouldn't start threads on.... ABORTION.

3) Being the 'law of the land' makes it LEGAL. It does not make it RIGHT nor does it change the fact that it is indeed MURDER. Especially what this abhorent piece of shit it Wichita was doing.

4) I notice you didn't bother with my response to the entire idiocy of your original 'heartfelt story' of how the parents spared their kids pain and death by killing them. But hey, they did save on health costs. So they got that going for them.

SF I didn't "bother" with your response because I thought it was a horrible, heartless, ridiculous response, that's why. What's the point?

Just because I put up a thread about a terrorist attack involving an abortion provider, doesn't mean you need to race onto it and post the same stuff over again.

Again, what's the point? You insist on posting this stuff, and if you do it on my thread and I don't response, as witnessed by what you just said here, it's taken as my being cowed by your superior argument. Being a man, you couldn't possibly consider that I just don't want to go down this road with you again. I guess that idea would be foreign to you.

My troll Apple? You think that I'm Apple? LOL

Well, they don't call you stupidfreak for nothing! :p

That's a good one though.

Well, you do possess the same ignorant arguments when it comes to abortion.

'Oh, I will dehumanize the child so I can justify killing it' .... slightly different versions, yet still the same tired story.

Back