Disney Pulls Plug on $1 Billion Development in Florida

LOL. You are the one that seems to be a moron. Disney lost money in 2020. Made money in 2021. Made even more money in 2022. Appear to be making even more money in 2023.
Tinkerpeach was making a claim that was obviously false when the claim was made that Disney lost $1.2 billion in profits recently compared to previous periods.

Profits do mean something. It means that Disney has a lot of cash on hand because they have profits.
In April, they had $10 billion in cash, cash equivalents and restricted cash. They had $1.9 billion in free cash flow.

Disney lost money in 2020 because of covid. They made more money in 2023 vs 2022 because

wait for it...covid

Disney lost money in 2020 because of covid. They made more money in 2023 vs 2022 because

wait for it...covid

Wait for it..
They didn't make less money in 2022 than in 2021.
They didn't make less money in the first 2 quarters of 2023 compared to 2022.
I am merely pointing out that Tinkerpeach is making up bullshit.
No the problem is that Disney lost so much money recently that the cost to relocate this part of the business was more expensive then the higher taxes they have to pay in California.
Losing a billion dollars in profits in just over a year is not doing fine.

And the big issue is that Igor is keeping the same course meaning this trend should continue

It seems you want to argue I am right but then claim "COVID." The reason why I am right is irrelevant. The simple fact is is that even you agree Tinkerpeach is lying.

Ouch, that’s going to hurt Central Florida, Ronnie certainly didn’t anticipate Mickey Mouse was going bite back in his cultural war crusade

Interesting, as they usual do, the right ain’t calling for a boycott on Disney, least as far as I have seen, why do you suppose that is?

Funny, Florida is thriving.

Disney - not so much.

Last edited:
Wait for it..
They didn't make less money in 2022 than in 2021.
They didn't make less money in the first 2 quarters of 2023 compared to 2022.
I am merely pointing out that Tinkerpeach is making up bullshit.

It seems you want to argue I am right but then claim "COVID." The reason why I am right is irrelevant. The simple fact is is that even you agree Tinkerpeach is lying.

Disney is an international mega-corp. Which is just what you fascist democrat love.

But let's look at Disney financials - not that you would lie - much - to try and prop up a fascist partner in your Reich.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifi...y-suffered-first-ever-decline-in-subscribers/

WAIT - that can't be right? You lied that Disney is thriving.

It must be their movie segment that is doing so well.

{Another Disney movie did even worse, entering the outright disaster territory as the fall release of "Strange World" lost around $147 million. The film features the first openly LGBTQ+ teenaged Disney character, who discusses his crush in the movie. HollywoodinToto.com film critic Christian Toto told Fox News Digital last fall that "Hollywood doesn't fully grasp the ‘go woke, go broke’ mantra." Regarding edgy content in kids movies, he added, "In some cases, parents are avoiding content with sexual conversations. Parents are [savvier] today. They use social media and get feedback on films from their peers either online or in person." }

https://www.foxnews.com/media/woke-disneys-year-enduring-box-office-bombs-subscriber-losses-layoffs

WAIT - this can't be, you just lied that Disney is raking in record revenue?

Well, the PARKS must be booming...

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/08/disney-world-wait-times-drop-ld1/

What?
Well, your post was about as accurate as most of your posts are...

On Thursday, Mr. Iger and Josh D’Amaro, Disney’s theme park and consumer products chairman, showed that they were not bluffing, pulling the plug on a nearly $1 billion office complex that was scheduled for construction in Orlando. It would have brought more than 2,000 jobs to the region, with $120,000 as the average salary, according to an estimate from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/18/business/disney-ron-desantis-florida.html

Fuck the mouse. For 50 years Disney had an advantage in the state of Florida that no other business had. The problem is like.most leftists they can't keep their mouths shut. They had a sweet deal but instead of appreciating it and keeping their mouth shut they felt compelled to stick their nose in things that are none of their business. They can go to hell.

Disney is an international mega-corp. Which is just what you fascist democrat love.

But let's look at Disney financials - not that you would lie - much - to try and prop up a fascist partner in your Reich.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonifi...y-suffered-first-ever-decline-in-subscribers/

WAIT - that can't be right? You lied that Disney is thriving.

It must be their movie segment that is doing so well.

{Another Disney movie did even worse, entering the outright disaster territory as the fall release of "Strange World" lost around $147 million. The film features the first openly LGBTQ+ teenaged Disney character, who discusses his crush in the movie. HollywoodinToto.com film critic Christian Toto told Fox News Digital last fall that "Hollywood doesn't fully grasp the ‘go woke, go broke’ mantra." Regarding edgy content in kids movies, he added, "In some cases, parents are avoiding content with sexual conversations. Parents are [savvier] today. They use social media and get feedback on films from their peers either online or in person." }

https://www.foxnews.com/media/woke-disneys-year-enduring-box-office-bombs-subscriber-losses-layoffs

WAIT - this can't be, you just lied that Disney is raking in record revenue?

Well, the PARKS must be booming...

https://insidethemagic.net/2022/08/disney-world-wait-times-drop-ld1/

What?
Well, your post was about as accurate as most of your posts are...

ROFLMAO. Boy you sure like to prove how stupid you are, don't you.
Disney stock rose in after-hours trading, buoyed by the news that the company had beaten earnings projections.

I already posted the financials for Disney.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/app/uploads/2023/02/2022-Annual-Report.pdf

I am guessing you can't read a profit/loss statement or a balance sheet since you rely on news reports instead of the original company financials since you have decided to make yourself look stupid.

ROFLMAO. Boy you sure like to prove how stupid you are, don't you.

I already posted the financials for Disney.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/app/uploads/2023/02/2022-Annual-Report.pdf

I am guessing you can't read a profit/loss statement or a balance sheet since you rely on news reports instead of the original company financials since you have decided to make yourself look stupid.

Beating projections can mean not losing as much as expected.

Disney had net revenue of $3 billion on assets of $203 billion - way to pull a 1.5% ROCE...

LOL

You are a clown, and didn't bother reviewing the information I spoon fed you.

Beating projections can mean not losing as much as expected.

Disney had net revenue of $3 billion on assets of $203 billion - way to pull a 1.5% ROCE...

LOL

You are a clown, and didn't bother reviewing the information I spoon fed you.

OMFG. Revenue to assets is ROA, not ROCE.
But to calculate ROCE, you are talking Capital Employed. CE is assets minus liabilities. Disney doesn't have $203 billion in CE. It has $98 billion in equity which is basically CE when you subtract the liabilities from the assets.
Then in order to calculate Revenue you need to include interest and taxes in the income. You didn't include that in the $3 billion.

Just so you know, a story in Forbes is NOT company financials. You are proving you are an idiot.

Projections are not past performance. Good job, idiot. Now tell us how someone can earn $2 billion less in the first quarter compared to the previous year based on projections on the 3rd quarter.

Wow.. did you send Trump more money today or did you use that $20 to buy a hammer to hit yourself over the head some more?

those projections are the reason they pulled the plug

you morons think this is about Desantis - strike that - many of you know that isn't actually what is going on - but you don't care. lying to score political points is precisely what the left does

those projections are the reason they pulled the plug

you morons think this is about Desantis - strike that - many of you know that isn't actually what is going on - but you don't care. lying to score political points is precisely what the left does

More irrelevant BS from you.

I was pointing out how Tinkerpeach was lying about past revenue and you decided to jump in and drown yourself. Keep gasping. You can't point to one lie I have told about Disney financials.

You don't know why they put the project on hold. You and I weren't part of the decision process.

More irrelevant BS from you.

I was pointing out how Tinkerpeach was lying about past revenue and you decided to jump in and drown yourself. Keep gasping. You can't point to one lie I have told about Disney financials.

You don't know why they put the project on hold. You and I weren't part of the decision process.

it is not irrelevant at all.

This decision has been in the works for some time

Back