Does anybody remember that death estimate....

If you'll quote BAC, millions of people were directly murdered (with malice, intent, and by his person) by GWB in Iraq. That's the number I'm going by. :clink:

when we sent the cruise missile into the restaurant in an attempt to take out Saddam at the very onset of the war, do you think we were not deliberately targeting innocent civilians, or are you suggesting that, the mere act of actually dining in the same restaurant as Saddam was supposed to have been dining categorically removed that innocence? I certainly don't think that our military has gone out of their way to target civilians, but they certainly have not let a little "collateral damage" stand in their way either...and, at some level, they all are just brown skinned, ragheaded monkeys anyway, aren't they? ;)
I am suggesting that Saddam and his cronies cleared that restaurant, as he was wont to do to protect his scrawny behind from his own population.

when we sent the cruise missile into the restaurant in an attempt to take out Saddam at the very onset of the war, do you think we were not deliberately targeting innocent civilians, or are you suggesting that, the mere act of actually dining in the same restaurant as Saddam was supposed to have been dining categorically removed that innocence? I certainly don't think that our military has gone out of their way to target civilians, but they certainly have not let a little "collateral damage" stand in their way either...and, at some level, they all are just brown skinned, ragheaded monkeys anyway, aren't they? ;)

Bolded the important part that I will answer rather than your thinly disguised suggestion of your projected thoughts. :tongout:

This is the least that I expect from those in our uniforms. War is ugly, there is no need to make it more so, or to project onto them inhumanity that doesn't exist. The man knew he killed people, he did not do it without thought or feeling, he was a human as you and I are. He fulfilled his promise that he made to our social contract, for that I will give him some respect rather than disgust or suggested inhumanity wantonly projected without regard to the actual human.

Again, how often have I heard that that man did it "with ease" and with "no thought at all of" those who might have been there.

Those I feel most sorry for are those who were forced to serve Saddam in the restaurant.

You said it, not Damo.
Damned straight. That was a disgusting display of projection. People do that so they can say racist crap that is in their mind and blame others for it that never had such a thought to express. ;)

*Notice the strategically placed wink.

Oh my---people die while fighting for what they believe in during war time. That is not liberial nice.

Man--I am glad liberials did not have a lot of power during WW2. My German language is not so good.

Oh my---people die while fighting for what they believe in during war time. That is not liberial nice.

Man--I am glad liberials did not have a lot of power during WW2. My German language is not so good.

Neither is your English.

The Germans were never going to take over the US, nor was Japan.

Neither is your English.

The Germans were never going to take over the US, nor was Japan.

I went to a US government school.

I bet there were a few Jews in the US that Hitler wanted. How can you be sure of his intentions?

He wanted all Jews dead---and I don't think he would have stopped--that may be why we stopped him. Can you imagine Hitler saying "Jews are OK if they live in the states."

I went to a US government school.

I bet there were a few Jews in the US that Hitler wanted. How can you be sure of his intentions?

He wanted all Jews dead---and I don't think he would have stopped--that may be why we stopped him. Can you imagine Hitler saying "Jews are OK if they live in the states."

This is a simplification of history that came after the war.

Hitler was not going to "take over the world"...WWII was, first of all, a lot closer of a war than we tend to believe (and by that I mean the Nazis could have repeatedly won, if Hitler had just done what Stalin did and let his generals run things)...and secondly, the events of WWII are a lot more complicated and shaded than the black and white with which we are normally presented.

Most of the citizens where we have finally implemented the surge have never felt so safe in their lives as they do right now. Is that good or bad?

This is a simplification of history that came after the war.

Hitler was not going to "take over the world"...WWII was, first of all, a lot closer of a war than we tend to believe (and by that I mean the Nazis could have repeatedly won, if Hitler had just done what Stalin did and let his generals run things)...and secondly, the events of WWII are a lot more complicated and shaded than the black and white with which we are normally presented.

ya know--I think all of Europe would disagree with your opinion of Hitlers intentions.

ya know--I think all of Europe would disagree with your opinion of Hitlers intentions.

Really, all of Europe? Like France and the UK, which declared war on Germany (not the other way around)...Italy, which was allied with Germany...Spain, which was neutral, Norway was neutral, Switzerland was, of course, neutral...

Hitler's Germany was setting out to be a superpower, there is no doubt...and they did invade territory that they considered to be "historically"/"racially" German....however, their intention was not to "conquer the world" nor was even Hitler crazy enough to think that conquering the entire planet was possible.

Really, all of Europe? Like France and the UK, which declared war on Germany (not the other way around)...Italy, which was allied with Germany...Spain, which was neutral, Norway was neutral, Switzerland was, of course, neutral...

Hitler's Germany was setting out to be a superpower, there is no doubt...and they did invade territory that they considered to be "historically"/"racially" German....however, their intention was not to "conquer the world" nor was even Hitler crazy enough to think that conquering the entire planet was possible.

The Nuremberg judges saw a plan for world domination, right from Mein Kampf.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/imt/proc/07-30-46.htm

The Nuremberg judges saw a plan for world domination, right from Mein Kampf.

http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/imt/proc/07-30-46.htm

The Nuremberg trials were a ridiculous farce that ended as soon as Germany became of strategic use to the US during the Cold War.

EDIT: And I, unlike most people who talk about it, have actually read Mein Kampf, which is how I know you are probably referring to the Zweites Buch, rather than Mein Kampf...even if it is the latter, all that says is that the US and the "German Empire" would eventually struggle for domination, although not necessarily ownership of the globe.

Last edited:
Well--gonzo--you know more about it than I do. I don't even know how many countries they invaded.

But I do know human nature.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absoultly. I believe the wheels were in motion for world domination--and my intuition usually trumps most peoples education.

The Nuremberg trials were a ridiculous farce that ended as soon as Germany became of strategic use to the US during the Cold War.

EDIT: And I, unlike most people who talk about it, have actually read Mein Kampf, which is how I know you are probably referring to the Zweites Buch, rather than Mein Kampf...even if it is the latter, all that says is that the US and the "German Empire" would eventually struggle for domination, although not necessarily ownership of the globe.

I have too, required for history major.

Well--gonzo--you know more about it than I do. I don't even know how many countries they invaded.

But I do know human nature.

Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absoultly. I believe the wheels were in motion for world domination--and my intuition usually trumps most peoples education.

It is impractical to conquer today's world (which is the same size as the world of the 1930s and 40s)...there is just no way a nation could wage some sort of Napoleonic conquest against the entirety of the globe the way that may have been possible in past centuries (when the known world was smaller).

Hitler's Germany wanted Lebensraum, and probably would have stopped there...certainly, dominance of Europe would have probably been enough for the Nazis, even stopping short of utter control.

Back